Page: ...
Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Since Dom decided to say on a different topic "God, don't go into drugs here as well!" I feel that it is my duty as a professonal devils advocate to start this topic.Are you for or against the use/legalisation of drugs or controled substances?Personally I fell that (this is a quote from a diff topic) "Makeing drugs leagle wont stop crime and ODs. Did allowing alcohol stop dwi deaths and countless people being killed due to some drunk and a car. Hell no it didnt. Personally I feel that we need to take the war on drugs in a different direction. I think that stiffer punishments would be best. I think that America should follow Singapore's example PUBLIC CAINING!!! I can not think of a better deturent than the threat of haveing your naked ass whipped with a pole in full view of anyone who wants to tune in and watch. Also it should be an act of terrorisim to bring or grow/make drugs into/in America. That punishment would be death. I think that the best way to admister the punishment on that accorde would be disembowlement. Make it so the penalty is so stiff that nobody would want to risk it. Heck after the first few I think that people would start to get the point, but then again mankind (P.C. womankind ) is generally thick headed."[This message has been edited by Raymund Phule (edited 12 February 2002).]

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
Yeah, meth is a terrible drug. I used to live in Lawton in a really rough neighbourhood, and smelled it cooking every night. Glad to finally be out of there.

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
I think probably the most interesting thing I've experience was seeing the light from my poi quit traveling outward.
It collected around the poi heads for a while until it appeared to become too heavy and a ball of light spun off, hit the ceiling, and splashed into indescribably complex pastel fractals.

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
A Meth problem in Oklahoma! Next you will be telling me there are a lot of NDNs in OK. Pft! Oklahoma. What kinda word is that and what kind of messed up thing does it mean, anyway?

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
thankfully the meth problem isn't so bad here anymore whenever clinton was president he came on national tv and talked about white county illinois and declared it the meth capitol of the world but yet again thankfully that censored has been put under control

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
Meth isn't at all a trouble in my town. Travel 15 minutes or so into Taylor or Detroit (even worse), then you got some everything problems. I even remember once getting bored and looking at the sex offender's map. There's less than 10 in my town, one lives a few houses down from a buddy of mine laugh3 And I typed in Detroit, we were already laughing. I hit enter and we couldn't even see the street map! lolsign It was just a rainbow of colored dots! Who knows if my map had big dots or something but I saw no street, there were dots under other dots. Where there were apartments were the worst.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Midkiffthankfully the meth problem isn't so bad here anymore whenever clinton was president he came on national tv and talked about white county illinois and declared it the meth capitol of the world but yet again thankfully that censored has been put under control

I have a conflict with this. The US meth epidemic is and has been concentrated in the south and west since it's start. Illinois has always had a very low number of abusers, along with most of the northern and eastern states.

I can't find anything on any speech made by President Clinton regarding meth use in Illinois. I can find evidence that throughout the 1990's and into the following decade San Bernardino county, CA was the meth capital of the US. It remained so from 1993 until 2009 when it was overtaken by Cleveland county, OK, which has been the only non CA county in the top 5 US counties for meth abuse for 2 decades.

It goes to show that if such a speech was made, even a president can be wrong. smile

It's also worth noting that meth is a huge problem in Japan, where it was first synthesized. Declaring a world meth capitol would be hard to do without comparing the stats from Japan and the US first smile

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

Page: ...