Leviathanmember
5 posts

Posted:
As advised by the good man, Shawn Fumo (_very_ nice guy by the way), I've decided to take up poi (also contact juggling, but that's a whole other board). ^_~ though I've never seen anyone poi in person (sorry Shawn, furgot to ask. :P ), I'm sure I can learn with everyone's help! wink That brings me to the question, Will you all help me? ------------------~Lev~"Spindoc in spirit."

~Lev~Spindoc in spirit.

smittymember
104 posts

Posted:
i am hopefully buying my first set of poi, cause i'm only using the staff at the moment, so when i get it, any hints/ideas on learning that i pick up i'll pass ur way
Non-Https Image Link
[This message has been edited by smitty (edited 05 February 2001).]

Leviathanmember
5 posts

Posted:
I also would like to learn staff too! I've been interested in that fur the longest! wink

~Lev~Spindoc in spirit.

smittymember
104 posts

Posted:
i used to play hacky sack alot, for those who dont know it, small bean bag u keep in the air using anything but ur hands. so ive encoperated that into my tricks, like rolling down one arm behind my head to the other, using my feet and knees etc in some tricks, something i cant do in poi, but theres a hell of a lot u can do in poi that u cant do with a stick, so either way theresa a benifit, its whats suits the individual basicaly

Oatsmember
28 posts

Posted:
Greetings to you good person. Well like you i just started poi, so here goes. Concentrate on your weakest hand a lot, use that first when trying new tricks, a mirror can't go wrong you see a lot that you're doing wrong and it's easier to correct it. When stressed out walk away, look at the poi lessons on this web site, fantastic! and listen to these guys they've been a great help. tHanks everyone.take it easy.

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
hey Leviathan, welcome smile - if you need help with anything, just ask - the board's quite friendly so you'll definitely get a reply if anyone knows...happy swinging,Simos

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Welcome Leviathon.I am certain we are all ahppy to help in any way we can. In addition to running through the lessons on the site, and just asking questions, I would also advise you to go through several of the past threads that might be of some interest to you as well as the New Moves discussion board. No matter where you look around here there is plenty of help, friendly people and fun/interesting discussions. We are one global swinging family!!!! winkTil next time....------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK