Page: ......
Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
This is the official post for the singles in opposition to the love post!

(im going to laugh so much is Vanize makes a singles topic at the same time! lol!)

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

burningoftheclaveySILVER Member
lurking like a ninja with no camouflage..
926 posts

Posted:
*le sigh* im getting fed up with being single. its been great dont get me wrong i enjoyed being able to go out and perv on hot guys and maybe more but nothing ever leads to anything, or they turn out to have girlfriends...(or wifes...bloomin south africans grr) and itd just be nice to have someone to snuggle into at any given time....

however. there is one guy......... ubblove we shall see how it goes. hes not extremely confident in this kind of thing so im going to try and take things slower than i ever have before..... meditate

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

monseratSILVER Member
My flabber is gasted
737 posts

Posted:
We all know how you feel clavey! hug hug and good luck!

Chaos is the natural state of the universe

Some days I'm the pigeon, some days I'm the statue.

honourary militant margerine ninJAH

If it wasn't for displacement activity I wouldn't get half as much done

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
i dont know how you feel clavey! hug hug and good luck! tongue

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
 Written by: burningoftheclavey

however. there is one guy......... ubblove we shall see how it goes. hes not extremely confident in this kind of thing so im going to try and take things slower than i ever have before..... meditate

Thats so sweet. Its really nice to hear that from a ladee...

I have liked so many girls and been to shy to do anything and let me tell you, theres nothing quite like kicking yourself in the ass years later when you find out that she fancied the pants off you too. smile

hug for clavey. brightened up my day

Love is the law.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I have broken many a hip from kicking myself for MANY missed opportunities...

I went on a night out with an ex. I noticed one of his friends had a bit of a Wayne-Static thing going on an thought 'ooooh'. Then my ex made mention that he liked the guy, I (being the idiot I am) told him to go for it and stop being such a p*ssy (ha!) and they pulled each other and we stopped at my exe's place. The next morning I walked into town to get the train home and I walked with this guy and we went for a friendly drink and I ended up falling for this guy BAD!

Months later I find him online and having gotten over him (a bit) I admitted that I liked him. He was gobsmacked as he said at the end of the day he preferred me! I asked him on a date and was rather excited until a few days later I found he had met the love of his life! Who he's still with now... frown

Now let that be a lesson to you kids!

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
awww Neon hug

At least he's found the love of his life though and has left you free to meet yours! Imagine it going wrong and your Mr. Right Guy had come along and left again while you were with that guy!!

I'm getting a tiny bit excited about Saturday biggrin Plan is we'll go flying a kite and picnicking on the beach. Scottish North Sea Coast in mid-November... I've found a fellow lunatic it seems bounce

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
ubblol

But I'm still single! And very likely will be after Saturday even if it goes well, so tongue, I'm gonna rub in whatever I want whenever I want. bounce bounce bounce

And I'll be away for a month soon so you won't have to listen to me then, you won't even find out how it went! hug

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
nah, going to Bedford for work for a month frown We'll be staying in a B&B, and I'll try and find an internet cafe cause I think a month without web access IN BEDFORD would give me serious withdrawal (I think I could probably face it in an exciting place with lots of stuff happening).

So I think that month is punishment enough for me being slightly bouncy, yes? tongue

(G.W. Dahlquist)

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
well, I've got one weekend of my company up for grabs (1st weekend in December)! Is there anything nice in Birmingham (apart from you of course) wink

(G.W. Dahlquist)

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
I'm very tempted biggrin Though climbing's not for me, I'm scared of heights!

Would there be a bed or a sofa or something for me if I came visiting?

Edit: just read stuff properly... the work is DNA microarray chip stuff (Stop that labcoat fetish!!) at Unilever who sponsor my PhD and have the expensive machines smile
EDITED_BY: Birgit (1163685256)

(G.W. Dahlquist)

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
we'll see smile I might give the climbing frame a go!

So... should I be coming over on the 1st then? biggrin I'll have to leave the labcoat at the lab though, they're company property and get a bit silly about health and safety and using coats outside the labs.

(G.W. Dahlquist)

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Cool, let me know tonight smile Fingers crossed for it being the interview, even if it means I'm stuck in boring Bedford. Who knows, maybe something else comes up, maybe there are even other Birmingham-ers (what's the official term??) with a spare sofa and we could still meet up for a spin or a pint biggrin

(G.W. Dahlquist)

burningoftheclaveySILVER Member
lurking like a ninja with no camouflage..
926 posts

Posted:
awwww grouphug thanks you guys and mr majestik im glad you dont know how i feel! tongue

he has a gig on friday and im working so ill miss his band again, but i think ill be heading along after so.... but he was out last night....sometimes i find it really hard to talk to him, i just get really shy... im not normally like that!! grr damn me! and like we had one night of snuggling and holding hands ubblove but i leaned in for a kiss and he just kinda shook his head..but that might have been cos there was folk there.......hence the whole thinking i should just... hold myself back, heh heh...*sigh*

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
hug

Boo, that sucks! I applied for a programme in Glasgow that was perfect for me, too, and they invited me to the interview but never told me why I didn't get it (they interviewed 20 and took 5...). Looking back, the moment I saw the half-naked lady with a whip on one of the interviewers' screensavers, I think I went from "nervous" to "what the fxck is going on here" ubblol

But yeah, there is that plus side biggrin

Any other interesting projects going?

(G.W. Dahlquist)

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy more hugs and a weekend away from a month away biggrin Life's treating me well today.

Now all I have to do is make a list for packing stuff, decide what to bring to the picnic, see if I can find my kite anywhere, buy new picks for my guitar, email some more people about entertaining me while I'm away, get uni stuff sorted, wash all the clothes I want to take, get some shopping done, set the mouse traps, arrange for someone to come and look at my ceiling that's been falling to bits (not really, just the decorative bits of it), figure out how to get an ex to give me the 250 quid he owes me (can't see that one working), do my tutoring tomorrow, buy shoes, rip lots of cds on the computer I'm taking, pack my suitcase, book an airport taxi for Sunday morning, find out how I'm getting into work on the Monday, ..... ARGH!!!! Not enough hours in the day!!!

(G.W. Dahlquist)

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
Birgit, I used to know a charming guy named Rob from Bedford. Met him in India, and he helped me escape from my fiance at the time. It was quite dramatic! ( I later was under suspicion for the murder !!! of said fiance... but that is a rather long story... )

Short version: all I can really say is never ever , even jokingly, admit to killing anyone. Particularly if they have been missing three months and you were the last to see them.Particularly if the person you are speaking to really is a police officer, and not a friend of your brothers playing a prank... Words I now live by. lol

At any rate, Rob and I had a rather lovely dinner in a posh place in Delhi, lovely night. Got coloured by many colours during a festival too... He is musician I think?Last name Godfrey or something like that.Oh, soooo many years ago....

If you by any chance run into a man named Rob while there, do say hi from the Canadian woman...er me!

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
no, but I wrote it down and then printed it out so I can check the things I've done biggrin

Andrea... will do if I meet him! and eek indeed to that story. Maybe I should stop talking about drowning bad dates in the Water of Leith in Anthony's thread!!!

(G.W. Dahlquist)

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
*sigh* frown

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
What's up, Brenn? hug

(G.W. Dahlquist)

monseratSILVER Member
My flabber is gasted
737 posts

Posted:
yeah, you're not normally down mate. what's up? hug

Chaos is the natural state of the universe

Some days I'm the pigeon, some days I'm the statue.

honourary militant margerine ninJAH

If it wasn't for displacement activity I wouldn't get half as much done

poigmarmite and nutella sandwich
1,590 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Brenn

*sigh* frown

hug

THE hop Pyro.
(with parents)
Unowned

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
I guess I should have been a bit more descriptive, haha.

The other day I was cleaning my room and found some things from an ex of mine which made me all nostalgic. It's a long story and complicated, but it was a reminder of how things once were.

I can't say I'd want to go back, but it really caught me off guard and it reminded me of how things were before all my efforts and intentions were transformed and sullied since the parting of ways.

The probably won't make much sense to you all, and going into detail of something like that is not the thing to do on an online public medium (something which she has had little qualm in doing elsewhere, heh), but I know what I put into the relationship, and proof of it was right there in the letters i found the other day. Now it seems like its only me that can remember the good things of it now, which is really sad.

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Teehee... I know what you mean, one ex of mine was telling lies about me on 3 places in the internet (that I know of...) at the same time ubblol

At the time I didn't remember much good about him because of all the arguments, only now some nice things are coming back, but none of them strong enough that I regret the split.

It's always easier to make oneself believe that it was never good, and one didn't care that much about the other person anyway, than to say "yes, I've made mistakes too, and (s)he meant a lot to me but maybe we're just not compatible in the long term". So good on you to be the strong one and not just b!tch and moan about how bad everything was hug

If THAT makes any sense. It's 3 in the morning and I have to get up in 4 hours or so ubblol

(G.W. Dahlquist)

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
Thank you, Birgit hug

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
Full of smiles!!Returning from a brilliant night out with my guy -- dancing, then hanging at his practice space/recording studio, listening to tunes. Yum.Light, simple, sweet. He used to be a massage therapist,oh la la 'nuff said, hey! Happy girl... Hope things continue to, er, continue?

Oh wait, are you gonna kick me from the thread? No! We have no where for us " multiples" to go yet... wink

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Well, Andrea, I'll be away for a while yet... a month without regular interweb, no idea if I'll manage to come here eek

I've just had one of the greatest dates I've ever had, even though I don't think it'll go anywhere, but it was just such a nice day I'm all smiley and happy biggrin And my choccie-coated fruit turned out really well!! And I'll get free massages from now on, yay bounce

byebye for a while... I'll definitely be back next year, but will try and get online a couple of times smile

(G.W. Dahlquist)

baddersSILVER Member
18 posts

Posted:
I hate being single, its bloody lonely :-(

I may loose people. I may even loose my mind. But there's one thing I never loose....and that's the beat!

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
 Written by: badders

I hate being single, its bloody lonely :-(

hug We're all in this together hon smile

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

poigmarmite and nutella sandwich
1,590 posts

Posted:
 Written by: BansheeCat

Full of smiles!!Returning from a brilliant night out with my guy -- dancing, then hanging at his practice space/recording studio, listening to tunes. Yum.Light, simple, sweet. He used to be a massage therapist,oh la la 'nuff said, hey! Happy girl... Hope things continue to, er, continue?

Oh wait, are you gonna kick me from the thread? No! We have no where for us " multiples" to go yet... wink

What about the hooked up hoppers thread? ubbidea

THE hop Pyro.
(with parents)
Unowned

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Well i love been single if that counts for anything.
No one to answer to
no one to run your life etc

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

Page: ......