NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
So I've got this budding idea for a fire scultpure using kevlar wick and lamp oil and whitegas...Anyone know any resources or websites that might help me before I go from "brainstorm" stage to "experimental" stage...Granted I've got NO free time until February so I doubt it will ever get done but it will give me something to think about at least...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
I know Cirque de Flambe use some large ish sculptures that they call fire puppets but they don't look too different to what you described. Any help? TEMPEST

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I bet Draevon could help. He's good with that sort of thing.

Meh

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Hrmmm... There's got to be someone out there with some fire sculpture ideas... I've seen lots on the internet about building structures out of wood and then burning them. In fact, there are even international competitions (which look very cool.) I hadn't seen much about relightable metals ones.[And this post seems to be dropping rather quickly. If only there were some way I could continually bump it up for more exposure... wait a minute... I've got an idea to keep it bumped up...]CANTUS SUCKS CHICKEN EGGS!!![That should do it... now anyone with some real ideas/experience please let me know...] wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Hey cantus, are those eggs fertilised or unfertilised??BTW NYC, I don't know anything about fire sculptures...Sorry...------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I've been tempted by doing a fire sculpture but it'll have to wait til next year as I have too many paintings to do at the moment....Hmm having reread your post NYC i have come to the conclusion you dont think I'm helpful so I won't bother offering you any help or ideas.

Meh

Rick aka LokiBRONZE Member
134 posts

Posted:
One suggestion I have for when you do it: lots of empty space per flaming wick space. Too much kevlar and it'll just look like a flaming pile of nothing. The fire will engulf any form or definition.I can't remember the website right now (Man, are we a helpful bunch of corkers, or what?) but I've read about folks weaving designs onto a large wire grid with kevlar rope and lighting that. They called it fire painting, I think. The image of a sun keeps coming back... I think they're based in Oz or NZ (Yeha, thanks, Rick. That narrows it down.) Very large, circusy shows... UUuuh...-Rick "Useless yet tantalizing information" Gladwin

-Rick aka Loki
oh, man, a signature?... uuh... this is like coming across wet cement... uuh, shoot, I had something clever I was saving... I hope I don't run out of sp

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
That's a really good call rick... and all the more reason to make it bigger. smile Thanks

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]