Forums > Social Chat > Malcom, Why are you making everyone register now?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Ignis Devocomember
67 posts

Posted:
I noticed I tried posting some stuff under my regular first name and could not unless I registered..Why are you making everyone register now??DoniaIgnis Devoco Industrial Fire Circuswww.ignisdevoco.com"Where there is sorrow, I seek the flame."Rumi

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I'm all for it. Good work as always and thank you Malcolm.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

DömAlterEgo
128 posts

Posted:
Probably the recent trolling incidents. I don't mind it at all.

We're nothing but the nerds they think we are

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
i think it is an excellent idea..."S"------------------"When a Man Lies He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

.draevonBRONZE Member
92 posts

Posted:
Grrrr

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
I'm all for it as well. grin------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I agree too and also as well.------------------C@ntus

Meh

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Sorry Draevon, its the only solution thats available to Malcolm after some serious personal attacks. While you don't post often, all the HoP members and the moderators are grateful for you posts when they come, for both your sensible approaches and experiences.Thank you for registering...Also, is the incendium site back up yet?Thanks to all for their understanding------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Chakanmember
68 posts

Posted:
Go Malcolm..I am in total agreement... good to see people are actually moderating the board!Keep up the good work!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Cos, of course b4 it was chaos. Sometimes we could go for days without any moderating being done at all. Then 3 would sweep in at once. One on a horse with a *heavy sigh* jousting stick, one dressed as a cowboy and ....er ...Pele (doing Pele things. Possibly with a lengthy explaination to boot wink)------------------C@ntus

Meh

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I agree - it makes it so much better without people being able to slag stuff off while hiding behind a fake name.When I found this site, I was very surpised to see that unregistered users could post messages, you had to register for every other message board I'd seen.Unfortunately, it seems that even this board isn't immune from the muppets.------------------King of all things Walrus

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

JeStErSILVER Member
enthusiast
214 posts

Posted:
Cheers big ears to good ideas smile

Trying to play the Akashic records,
but my turntables not compatible.

GoaFiremember
71 posts

Posted:
im in total happy agreement....*smiles n nods*goafire

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Actually I prefer to called a Fraggle. But thanks for noticing me Bovril Monkey grin------------------C@ntus

Meh

Twirl Girlmember
14 posts

Posted:
On the topic of registration, does anyone know how to change your user name once you've registered??

Lisa

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
TG - it's not possible to change your username. You are only able to change your password smile

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

Itsgottabmember
244 posts

Posted:
malcom i think your idea sux arse. some people are going to lost to this board now as a result of their personal philosphy.you acted hastily and without consultation. the dictator shines within cheers dan

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Erm, itsgottab, what evidence are you basing this theory of yours on?I know for a fact that is was not a hasty decision and that the moderators were all consulted before it was finalised.It is a thoroughly good idea as it stops idiots hiding behind anonymity and posting. Why they cant stand in the open is beyond me.

Meh

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
hey dan,I did a quick count on this thread;10 votes to 2 (including yours) registration is a good thing, greater good for the greater number. please feel free to fill us in on any 'personal philosophy' which would preclude someone from registering before giving their opinion?Josh

Itsgottabmember
244 posts

Posted:
the demoncratic system is a cunning ploy to marginalise those of a differeing opinion/perspective, its exclusionary, i think a system which is inclusionary might benifit the 'whole' better. but then again the marjority think its better a few suffer than we as a hole.

Itsgottabmember
244 posts

Posted:
i forgot, 'conslutation' are the moderators the only people who use this board, i do realise some do post the largest number of replies, but surely large numbers of post like large amounts of money don't equate with the best deciscions to be made for all the people.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Dont say that. People might stop taking my opinion seriously.------------------C@ntusWe are old, we are young, we are in this together, vagabonds and children, we're prisoners forever, with pulses raging and eyes full of wonder, Kicking out behind us again.

Meh

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
quote:
the demoncratic system is a cunning ploy to marginalise those of a differeing opinion/perspective, its exclusionary, i think a system which is inclusionary might benifit the 'whole' better. but then again the marjority think its better a few suffer than we as a hole.
itsgottab, instead of a democratic system, what do you suggest is used?Would you prefer a communist style board, which gave Malcolm and the moderators the power to do whatever they wanted and to ban people who disagreed?------------------King of all things Walrus

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
BTW, I meant real communism rather than the idea of communism which would have everyone with moderator powers and would soon turn into anarchy------------------King of all things Walrus

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
but that could be quite amusing though....

ubbangel

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Wooooha

Seems like back in the good ol days we had a little bit of unsettle among the ranks.

Seeems the rebellion was stomped on quite quickly biggrin

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
No, this is not always a perfect and peacable kingdom. lol Never has been.

What I am finding very funny is that some of the responses are listed as Anonymous because of the shifts and stuff since. ubblol

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
iwas going to comment on that pele

even better is that they are against it :P

back

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Written by: linden rathen

iwas going to comment on that pele

even better is that they are against it :P

Actually, a couple of them are Malcolm. So not all were against it. Poor Malcolm, got lost in digi-translation! ubblol

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Itsgottab was really angry about having to register. Ironic really cos it was mostly his fault biggrin

Happy days.

Meh

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Oh I want to say that I am not, nor ever was I ever, ItsgottaB

Im pretty sure i meet him awhile back and IRL he was actually a really cool dude and a good spinner beerchug grouphug weavesmiley

Guess the internet can be like that or im totally wrong ubblol

Page: