The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
Edit 31/1/07 for new links: biggrin

Catch it while you can.

Back online in both Avi and WMV format.

Up in my gallery -wmv

https://www.homeofpoi.com/gallery/showpho...=500&page=1

also on the Ministry in Divx AVI format for people who have macs and sensible machines like linux

https://ministryofmanipulation.com/mediavideomain.php

Smiles

Drew

Also here are some links to my other videos:

Foundation 720 video Thread:

[Old link]

video is here:

https://www.ministryofmanipulation.com/Video-Foundation720.php

Spinning in Paris video Thread:

[Old link]

And Hangar Fun - I didn't edit it, Ryan did, but I filmed some, and I am in it at some point:

https://www.ministryofmanipulation.com/Video-HangarFun.php

BONUS - but while I was trawling my putie for the clip above, I found a little bit of the raw footage from Drew and Stick.that I though some of you might like to see:

I'm warning you, don't get your hopes up, this aint great,

https://www.homeofpoi.com/gallery/showpho...=500&page=1

Old Clip 2002

Its filmed by nik, there was no sound recorded on the original recording which is a pity, because i think that it fitted the music very well. so I slapped some lemonjelly on the top.

It really was just me walming up while nik was learning how to use the new camera, hence, It has 3 mistakes, and some dodgy filming but I like the way that it is loose and free, and the complete improvness.

Look out for:

The bandage on my toe - the bottom of my foot had a big slash, and I'd had to got to hospital a week before, it made the foot tricks a lot more painful, and thats why I'm not moving very much.

The Jackie Chan, - "Armour of God 2" sequence is in there too

Some stick isolations from 2002 near the end

be cool,

Glass smile

Fragile, handle with care...

EDITED_BY: Glåss (1170238383)

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Finally got that DivX to work, took a while but it was certainly worth it.

Fantastic stuff glass, smooth as. Extremely well done

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
wow, i soiled my pants...

thats all i have to say...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
glass, forgot to say it earlier, but hey thanks for sharing all the great stuff with everyone

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

iluminaryfaeriemember
89 posts

Posted:
ok, well
i had the same problem with audio but no visual.
so i downloaded the windows version of that 3ivx thingy (which forced me to download quicktime as well. now, i'm a complete jackass when it comes to computers, soooo
why doesn't it work still?

guh?

i will give a massive mental hug to anyone with info on the whereabouts of an answer...
gidget

orangu-funking-tan

King LouieJungle V.I.P.
19 posts

Posted:
You called

Little Light Fairy

Now whats all this monkey business.

The answers to give you joy can all be found in the tree tops of this very thread.

If you like to swing with windows follow that there link that little glass put up in the top post called ...stuff in last nights thread. You will end up at www.divx.xom downing 5mb but that should cure you.

If a macintosh is more your jungle, then I think that mr Dozer is your man. If his post above doesn't satisfy you, you could always drop him a very personal message.

Of course its only that punk kid glass playing a bit of contact, it. ain't anything special. Don;t go getting your hopes up.

Its better to only have the sound, actually I prefer to watch it with the monitor turned off. musics pretty good (not as good as my singing mind you). don't have to stare at glasses mug

Now did I earn my hugs

Cousin Louie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Can anyone tell me the secret of mans red fire?

iluminaryfaeriemember
89 posts

Posted:
^ lol ^
oops, my goof. i'd clicked on the link before, but it took me to the middle of the thread, and everything after the middle (i didn't bother scrolling up..L-A-Z-Y!!)was random chatting.
alas, i have now discovered the secret. does this mean i can get rid of quicktime? that son of a whore keeps stalling my compooter.
*gets her hopes up*

and yes,hugs were well earned *muah*
thankies

orangu-funking-tan

King LouieJungle V.I.P.
19 posts

Posted:
ditch that slowtime bitch and that div-x player too. (can uninstall they will leave the codec behind).

all you need now is windows media player, popcorn and a big bunch of bananas.

Cousin Louise

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Orang-utans rule
iluminary-fucking-faeries

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
Hats off to you glass for that contact work, truly sickening!!!

I'm off home to rinse some of these newly acquired moves!

Much respect,

pyrophile

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

tonemanmember
195 posts

Posted:
Thank you glass! you rule
I've been trying to get the some of the contact stuff from written descriptions for weeks, and lo and behold, I see your vid and get it in a couple of hours!

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you THANK YOU!!!

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
bull dozer wikkaman, bezerker, Stix, rob, rozi, dub, stone, wiffle, josh, pyrophile and toneman. Thankyou.

Ya ought to be thanking PK too. He was the one who convinced me that I should do a video. I always thought it was a bit too narcissitic, a bit too, HEY LOOK AT ME
(a bit too....American ) but he put videos up on his site in a kinda: "hey, this is what we're doing, we put out what we're doing. and eventually it will all come back to us, you show us what your doing. You get someting, we get something, hell, everyone shares what they're doing. and everyone gets better."

So if everyone posts up what they're doing. It'll be groovy. (even if it takes you 2 years, to do a video or to come and find us. I look forward to it. its all about moving the state of the art on.)

barfoot_bushman: its probably called organ doner.
(you wouldn't know this, (ir maybe you do ) but we have a joke going amongst performer friends that the biggest cuss you can give some one after a performance is to go up and ask them straight out; "Hey I really liked the music what was it?." ...think about it. Doh. Maybe, any chance that you want to tell us what you though of it. Or requests for things to add in for next time.

King Louie: get off my f cking computer, get your own. ya big orange monkey.
and quit pretenting to be helpful. I agree with the ill'fairy: Orang-fucking-utan.

**Hugs**

Glass

tonemanmember
195 posts

Posted:
thank you PK

I've got plenty of vids, just no way to get them on the internet! It's just a matter of time, though!

barefoot_bushmanmember
4 posts

Posted:
sorry glass..

no offense intended... unfortunetley my piece of crap computer wont play the video, so i could only hear the audio at that stage (Dj Shadow rocks ).....

now i have moved home i have been able to see the video ( better computer) and i reckon that that contact staff is really cool.... i have got a staff to practice with now ... ( another convertd poi'er)

im still confused with the crazy poi move in there .... are they the infamous "isolations"??..
im not sure how it works but im trying to learn it.

Keep the great vids coming

Paul

SurlochSILVER Member
64 posts

Posted:
Hey Glass, as an extra bit I'm sure you've tried (but it isn't in the video so thought I'd say it just incase you hadn't)

To get an extra bit in your 'around the neck' move, try turning your body in opposite direction to the staff (letting it wrap around the head the same way you do in the video), then instead of the staff coming down over your arm in front, let the staff come spinning down your back into your hand.

You may have tried that variant, but if you hadn't, hey an extra move to add

There are also some variants on that behind the back move above to do with the initial transfer to the neck if you really want to spice it up. Basically, roll up your arm as if you were throw the staff away behind you, but instead place it on your neck, then duck your head and twist your body around and finish same as above.

Not really good at explaining things, if any of that doesn't make sense then blame the flying monkeys. Hard to find good help around here these days

Ní mar a síltear a bítear

“Things may not be as they seem to be”

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
woo hoo, i kinda got an ugly version of the shoulder to shoulder spin going, im not sure if im doing it right though, almost feels like im spinning it on the back of my hand and then placing it onto my shoulder instead of having it spin down to my shoulder...

any suggestions?

im not yet to the point where i can watch myself doing it...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

SpykeBRONZE Member
28 posts

Posted:
Just a quick compliment: after replaying it a million times, i must say it is amazing. The first 999 999 times i spent looking for strings and mirrors.

'At this moment, you should be with us, feeling like we do, like you loved to, but never will again.'

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Yep....
beautiful stuff, Glass, as always
just remember to add a few thigns next time : sandals, plastic chair and all that

you inspired us mucho this week end

shine on and see you next week end
Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Fire Gekkomember
1 post

Posted:
Well I am impressed I have seen some insperation tonight and i thank you Glass for making the effort.

Your fluidity is truly somthing to aspire to.

Thanks again.

If your not part of the solution your part of the problem.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by barefoot_bushman:
im still confused with the crazy poi move in there .... are they the infamous "isolations"??
i believe they are hyperloops my friend.

i was hoping glass might offer to show us the mere 37 beats of isolation he has on video...

it seems around here that exchange of video is the norm if you wanna see someones else's stuff.
alas, i am nowhere near glass' level and hence have no video of decent enough stuff to swap with him

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
LOL

no I haven't posted it cos I've been spinning, and I'm trying to get a propper poi video together like the staff one and post the lot in one go.

It aint nothing about swopping videos, I never swop videos of moves, I just give them away.
And maybe other people sometimes give me some too.

And if you believe you have nothing to post videos of you're wrong. Everyone here has somethig to contribute.

I was working on the whole HOP thing that if we all chuck in what we can..... it all ends up groovy..

be cool
Drew

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
You got any more videos glass? They're pretty spiffy to watch...

Kinudin

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
Mucho Respecto Sir Drew, Now that, i "GOTTA" learn, shame i didn't get to meet you at PIP, i'd love to see some more moves like that.
Well i was gonna stop staffing for a while, but not now!!!!!!!
*BIG UP* and respect to you sir.
Taking it easy
Trippy
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone.

[ 08 November 2002, 06:35: Message edited by: Trippy Hippy ]

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
cool

i'll try and get some vid together and find somewhere to post it.
can guarantee its nuthin you haven't seen before though.

just worked out a couple of ugly 3 beat weaves that i think i'll keep to myself!

faerie cath mentioned you might be @ the juggling convention on sat glass...?

[ 08 November 2002, 13:37: Message edited by: coleman ]

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
Glass- in the second part of hyperloop(right side hyp.loop-left side unwraping) you do small cheat(rope poi construction possible).Its realy see when you unwrap the loop on the left side - poi are lock together in the end of chain and begining of kevlar rope.Is it truth??(I think is.
Correct me...

POI THEO(R)IST

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Hey richee, wot'z a cheat??? And why isn't it just a smart move???

Is there some kinda book of rules or something???

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
hiya richee.
No not a cheat, i just did it really badly.
the poi clips are months and months old, from before I had my camera. hence I was still really trying to work out what this move should be/feel like. I've been working on it, and I understand them much more now.

On the second one, the i miss judged the point where they touch. so its pretty messy. not a cheat, but a lack of skill. then

them no kevlar poi, they're drews poi
except ball chain, I think these moves break ball chain.

I think richee typing in second language, so its cool.
At least someone is looking close enough to see the mistakes.
Poland.... do you know a polish dude called dominic. club juggler and swinger and a bit of everything?

coleman... thinking of keeping for yourself i hope you weren't

I hope that they're more ugly that the goofy weaves, (like offseting 2 and 3 beat weaves. so for example 3 beat weave offeset to 7 beat. your doing them as if a 7 beat weave on one side and well effecively a minus 1 beat weave on the other. hmm that wont make sense unless your looking at this diagram, so try doing a 2 or 3 beat weave with your arms double crossed. or easier, 2 and 3 beat with arms crossed once, so 5 beat offset, this wont make sense, but I only just got up UGLY)

[ 09 November 2002, 01:02: Message edited by: glass ]

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
DAMN - i said they were 'ugly', not 'john merrick after a car crash ugly'.

i don't have any diagrams nor would i claim to even think i know what 'minus one beat' is supposed to mean.
so i'll try and explain them in my usual fashion, using the base of all technical language - 'layman's terms':

ya know like when ya do a normal three beat weave right, ya do like two circles across your body and one with your arms on their normal side? well this one right, its like two circles on the arm's 'own side' and one across ya body. it sort of mixes up the wrist movements for five and two beat weaves. ya git me?!

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
ah ha colman
youre more awake than me.
lets talk about them tomorrow. (insider news from the fairy palace says your comming)

If i understand you, yep thats the bugger, I'm failing to describe.
I reckon goofy weaves suit them.
so you've got a 3 beat offset to a 5 beat.
And so there is aslo 2 beat offset in the same way.
but if you want really ugly and goofy, double cross your arns is if doing 7 beat on one side, and do 2 or 3 beat weaves from there. (or 4 or 5 but not worth it).
Now why is this in staff section.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
luckily i can't do the no wrap 7 yet which prevents me from gettin *really* ugly goofy weaves on the go.

quote:
Originally posted by glass:
Now why is this in staff section?
maybe that'll teach ya not to put poi moves in a staff vid
sorry, erm... i guess the real reason is i don't really do the stick.

*desperately thinks of a good staff question*

how do you do hyperloops with double staff then?

*and fails horribly*

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:
glass i have added a throw into the mcflurry.....does that make it a mr whippy?
cd on its way to you soon.....how about you?
R

brain replacement...anyone?

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
all footage finished thank god and wil be on its way to you guys glass and minero and tempest this week.
all pre unedited stuff so you can do as you wish with it.
some real nice stuff there worth checking out.
personal highlights of minero's double 5foot contact, jo derry's long arm footage and drew's sage impersonation is pretty wacky too.
even some pip london back in april with cass.
if your one of the lucky ones you got some good tuneage on em too.
peace...and be kewl

Page: