randomnumbers982136423529857BRONZE Member
15 posts

Posted:
i think i arrived to late in a discussion about isolated weave earlier and i dont know what it is. i can do most of the regular moves, but would someone mind starting from the bigining and describe the difference between a weave and an isolated weave???? thank you SOOO much.... jo

Anatidaephobia: The fear that somehow, somewhere, a duck is watching you.

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
An isolation is where you rotate your hand in such a manner that the poi stays in place and your hand moves around the poi. They were dsicussed a lot recently...so try a search of the technical forums. I don't know you could make a weave out of it if the poi aren't moving...

randomnumbers982136423529857BRONZE Member
15 posts

Posted:
no i dont know either!! so does "not moving" that mean the poi stays swinging on the same plane in the same direction, or it's not moving at all?? and can anyone give me an example... how do your hands move thank you !! jo xx

Anatidaephobia: The fear that somehow, somewhere, a duck is watching you.

884 posts

Posted:
It means it's not moving at all. Weird but possible.

I did a quick search for you and for an aptly-named thread called isolated weaves. I haven't read it yet but think I might just go do so now.

There's LOADS of other threads...just use the search function!

884 posts

Posted:
Correction (having just read the thread):
apparently isolations are where the point of rotation becomes the *halfway* point of the chain, not the very end. However, I *know* I've also seen them described as I formerly described them.

Also, you break the isolation to bring the poi to the other side...that's how the weave is possible.

Full details in the thread.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hi Random,

it's Ross from Spitalfields.

I remember showing you the isolated buzzsaw about 3 weeks ago. (how that going btw?) and apologies for not coming over and saying hi last night, I got a bit obsessed with learning some staff moves!

Isolated Weaves I've found really tricky, but if you know how to do the isolated buzzsaw (Also called handcrank isolations) it help.

I found it easier to do these backwards, and I'm still learning the full pattern

The arm poitions are the same (but more) for a normal weave but you are rotating your wrists and hands to get the isolated spin in the move.

So it's the same Over-Under-Back movement (like a 3bt weave) but you have to crank your hands as your doing it, and the arm movements need to be more accentuated to make sure you miss yourself.

I know this isn't the step-by-step synopsys your after, but this one is even harder to explain than isolated buzzsaws! :/

and it's another move that no 2 people really do the same. Everyone has their own technique that it right for their style.

If you've got any questions at all PM/email me or grab me by the hair (I've got a lot! ) at Spitz next week.

I don't know a lot but I'm happy to help with what I can. But I'm a bit shy, so I'm not the most forward of people.

Snoogins.
PsyB.

[ 07. August 2003, 00:41: Message edited by: Psylent_BoB ]

Arson86SILVER Member
once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places...
20 posts

Posted:
you can completely isolate a weave by adding one beat of iso buzzsaw in the middle

ashes ashes all fall down...
...Sat Nam

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Nice random bump - 5.5 years after the last person grin

Good searching - I approve smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

johndhaiveGOLD Member
Kebab Embalmer
316 posts

Posted:
yeah! that thread started from '03! hwehehehe grin randomnumbers should already know how to do the isolated weave by now. hehehehe!

Tam tam tam cheketitamtam, ketumpantam, ketumpan kete kete kete, tam tam tam ketumpanketey!

Arson86SILVER Member
once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places...
20 posts

Posted:
well i have just seen the first person accomplish the 3 beat iso on youtube and i cannot do it, my idea was a augmented 3 beat with the second and third in the middle so hold your tongues!

ashes ashes all fall down...
...Sat Nam