NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
So lately I've been playing with some techno music generators and have found a few that say they contain all noncopyrighted beats... so you can sell your own mixes on there and such. There are even a few that make rap music generators explain the legalese to say that they give all rights to the owner.

This means that any original music made from these generators could be used in COL videos in the future. The nice thing about them is that since you MAKE the techno, you control the tempo and breaks and can easily choreograph to it.

It might be nice to have some more people make their own music electronically (or use drums) for the future COL 4 tapes.

Just thinkin' aloud.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
can you recomend any free ones I could download? I love to make music, but my piano and guitar don't exactly plug into my computer. And i don't have a drum machine anyways. Or the equipment to do it any other way besides a computer based music generator. I had assumed they made stuff like that, but i wasn't sure. I have been listening to techno for about two years now, and i think I might be able to make some nice trancy stuff. It would be nice to try anyways.

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
:answers own question:

I found a realy cool program called MAGIX techno music maker , it is super easy to use, but like most music generators, the demo version doesn't let you save the music. However at a price of under $23 (including s&h) I think I might have to break down and buy it . I just wonder if I will get it soon enough to send in for COL4 . I made a track in like four hours, including the learning curve. I love this program, it beats the hell out of the program I used to use on windows 3.11

but if anybody finds one for free, that is super easy and versitile, by all means let us know about it.

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I've been using EJAY. Both the old "Dance" and the new "hip hop" They're a bit pricy but I have fun with the prefab beats and such. Once I get the new "trance" I'll let you know how it is...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]