Forums > Other Toys > Devil Sticks (definitive moves/tricks)

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
JeStErSILVER Member
enthusiast
214 posts

Posted:
Ok tonight I went through all the animations on devilstick.de and I thought i'd get this thread up and running with a couple of moves I didn't see displayed on it.

To go in to the saw from a helicopter: start with the heli and have the sticks close to each other and almost contacting the devil, then allow the hand sticks to contact and wrap around the devil while crossing over, the devil should get caught in a V, move the hand sticks/(V)upwards; now depending on whether you do this last bit above or below the central axis of the devil you can get it to spin either way for your prefered saw direction.

I guess it's in the heli family, what to call it?
start with a heli (I do generally do it ccw) and when you hit it with your right handstick give it a bit extra so it does 1 full rotation, catch and hit it with the left hand stick (another 1 full rotation) and repeat vice-versa continuously. I guess it's sort of an alternating outside-inside heli move.
Tip: Your hand/sticks should move from low-high and from the side to in front of your body.

Did that make sense, if not i'll try and explain when straight,

S#!t, proof reading on the grey and I already found 1 sentence that didn't make sense

[ 09. January 2003, 08:44: Message edited by: JeStEr ]

Trying to play the Akashic records,
but my turntables not compatible.

Devilstick_RussellBRONZE Member
I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
Do you mean while juggling three clubs or using a club instead of a devilstick? I can't club juggle but i can use a club instead of a devilstick and the traps are well hard but i'd be interested to see what tricks i could do with only a club. I've tried flat spins using devil stick HS but i'm sure you'll apppriciate how hard that is.

Does this site actually exist? Or am i talking to all my other personalities?

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
while juggling three clubs.

for f**ked up crazy examples, go to peapot.net then click on 'radical club news' and watch the video at the bottom, 'maksim's traps'.

ubbrollsmile

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
Holy hell that stuffs possible? your right though the stuff he does first with traps around each arm is devil stick style. Or devil stick is club style whos to say? That guys not you is it, cos i'm still in tears. that video shall be studied for any stealable stuff for some tricks for me self. Me and Oli (another member) are trying to get our video on the net at the moment its got devil stick and poi but my bit packed full of wrist traps if you want to see some club insperation (SP?). I'll post when its on the net mite be a while (we're lazy)
Thanks man I'm still in shock and I'm gonna watch it again.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
"blew mind"
ubblol
You can look forward to a few more mid blows to come then
smile

It was the club jugglers took inspiration from devilstickers on these moves

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
Quote:

That guy's not you is it, cos i'm still in tears.
Thanks man I'm still in shock and I'm gonna watch it again.

no that's not me ubblol
that's maksim who imo is one of europes most creative jugglers.

no worries for the link - good luck dude.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
I got bored last nite during the England Croatia Game when England started winning and went out side with my Devil Stick and a step ladder. I made up at least 12 new tricks using the step ladder as a static prop. If anyones interested or has any ideas of thier own i'll post my stupid ideas. I'm considering making video when i get a bit more advanced at devil ladder (work in progress title)

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
You get my vote Russell! impress me with you magical ladder juggling!!! wink .........please ubblove

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
Remaining everaware that my stupidity is only in its early stages, I was really just messing about with the Top bar on the step ladder which you hold onto when standing on it. Instead i was passing the devil stick over and under this top bar which makes everything loads more precise (and hard). I also got into a bit of standing side on to the ladder and having the devil stick horizontal on both sticks so it passes through the gap in the step ladder meaning you now have a big bar to navigate. Most of the tricks were methods of getting in and out of this position. If anyone else is interested in mesing about with these stupid ideas and hve some of thier own I'm very interested.

P.s thank you for your encouragement DeepSoulSheep

gsv-sleeper-servicemember
62 posts

Posted:
sounds pretty neet i will have to try that soon !!

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain...

I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
If you have a flower stick i suggest using that instead as its far more precise for the types of tricks possible. Considering anything i can think of is based around narrowly missing the ladder or going 'through' the ladder. A flower stick lends itself to the controll and slower speeds nessecary for impressiveness. Good Luck and tell me what you come up with.

Bravo Jugglingstranger
2 posts

Posted:
Here you can find many tricks: https://www.youtube.com/bravojuggling
Please subscribe, if you like our channel.

Devilsticking is fun!

AdeptBaton twirler
4 posts

Posted:
A few moves I would love to nail and am currently working on:

Headspins - bring the stick up from the bottom half of an infinity roll (overhand helicopter as I like to think of it - as a side note the overhand helicopter can be done continuously without returning to the infinity roll) and just wang the thing onto the top of your head and let it spin. All the contact staffers are into it, don't see why we shouldn't steal it along with halo rolls, neck wraps etc.

Backtouch - what is says on the tin. Get into propellor on strong hand, stick spinning inwards. Give it a slightly harder tap to give it a bit of lift, spin through 360 (turning in the same direction as the stick is spinning) tapping the stick with your other handstick under your arm and blind at the 180 point. Catch and wonder at yourself, wishing you had friends instead of all that practice time.

Impossible - this trick didn't have a name until I went to the recent BJC and was informed by a French devilsticker with great enthusiasm that this trick could not be done and was, as the name suggests, impossible. I get into it from tic-toc. Cross your hands so that you essentially stall the devilstick, with the hand that is one the bottom hit the devilstick up and realease the handstick. Try to launch the handstick in wall plane. Catch the devilstick in your free hand, tap the handstick you have thrown into the air, throw the devilstick underarm so it falls back across to the centre, catch the handstick, carry on sticking. then wipe the drool off of your Markus Furtner poster, attend to your neglected personal hygeine, go back outside and get a life. If anyone does this and has a better name for it I'm open to suggestions.

Anyone got any odd tricks they want to share? Anything you do that you don't see many other people doing?
EDITED_BY: Adept (1335443947)

Just because you are unique does not mean you are useful

Braaainzstranger
4 posts

Posted:
I'm curious, what fuel do you guys use for your fire devilsticks. I usually use lampoil, but I find that it seems to make my stick a lot more slippery.

Page: