Page:
Hecklermember
7 posts

Posted:
Alrite, i say this come up OT on another thread and i've been trying and trying but i can't seem to get it going. Can it be done with a staff? has anyone tried or can anyone do it? Starting with a roll over the wrist, the staff keeps going when i try to do the fishtail. or am i starting wrong?

anyone have any idea? can anyone help me? AIIIEEEEE!!!

Heck

When you register, why can you choose your birth year right up to the almighty 2013?

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
i was told that eating the fish was the way forwards... hehe.

fishy business thread

I should really practice them a bit more. hmmm.
siesta first methinks.

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
bulldozer posted some links to good videos a while back which i found good

https://www.interq.or.jp/mars/tom0503/taiikukan/adbyce/vtr/fish.rm

https://www.interq.or.jp/mars/tom0503/taiikukan/adbyce/vtr/r-fishtale.rm

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
heckler, you're in luck mate, there's a fishtail example taking up the entire video for a few moments in the COL 4 trailer!
yipeee!

btw i am still no progress on this Uber move!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Ali-bird doews perfect fishtails.

glass does great fishtails

simain can do fishtails

I cant, therefore logically, i am a fish.

6,978 posts

Posted:
Jon! if yer a fish, then are ya...
this big?
:stretches palms an arbirary distance away:

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Yes.

Yes i am indeed.

6,978 posts

Posted:
oh dear, you should have it looked at.
underwater.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yo, dats my hand, and its not the best example of a fishtail, but will do to get the idea, thease are just mental torture, but get going on them now anf next year you might have it.

T

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

6,978 posts

Posted:
a year?! i could be old by then!!
:worries:

Tanessamember
91 posts

Posted:
Yes!!! I can do fishtales, and lots of them in row. The size of your staff really matters when you do them, the shorter the staff, the more the fishtales. I can not do fishtales with a staff longer than 4 ft!! Depending on how good I've got it going I can do 10-20 fishtales. The movement of the hand during a fishtale (bare with me as I try to explain):
It is like doing a figure-eight, but instead of it being from side to side, it is in front of your body.
Pretend you are washing a window outside. Put your hand up against the window (kinda like you are motioning a "stop signal". Now rub the window back and forth from side to side in front of you (remember there is only a spot on the window you are trying to get off, you are not cleaning the whole window!) Now let your hand go into a figure eight motion to clean the spot really good. Now take your hand of the window and just do it in front of you. That is what it feels like doing them. Now the staff is placed over the back of the hand for this movement. Each time you sway your hand to the left, that staff end should feel like it dips down and up, then the same on the other end.

I WISH I COULD JUST SHOW YOU GUYS, IT WOULD BE SOOO MUCH EASIER!!!! THIS IS SO EASY TO DO!!!

If I had more time right now, I would explain more, but I have to go work. Later.

GOOD LUCK TRYING!!!

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
errm, shes right, but that now how id have described them,

oh and me and glass and steve (the latter two can *really* do fishtails) all do them with 5' staffs, so dont wory about length, Tennessa is too used to Batons I think

T

-><- Kallisti

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Ok I'Ive managed to get this backwards (a bit scruffy at the moment, I can get about 5 one after the other with my 5ft but hell it's just not happening forwards YET.

HELP NEEDED BEFORE I SCREAM

Bammy

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

DsAdsPoi? Never!
316 posts

Posted:
Well I'll tell you what! we can do an exchange coz i can do them fowards just not back!

See ya laters!

ADs

Is that magnets!?

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
You've got a date honey

Spank you

Bammy

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

DsAdsPoi? Never!
316 posts

Posted:
Oooooo really? a date!

Does the spank come free or is that extra?

Ads xx

Is that magnets!?

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
The first 's free but you'll have to pay after that young man

*Snuggles*

Bammy

DsAdsPoi? Never!
316 posts

Posted:
Ok....... just let me know what payment you want.

Ads

Is that magnets!?

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
well, i hear a big bunch of flowers gets you nowhere these days so i would imagine you'd do okay with bam's standard currency of just the smokable bits of certain plants...

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

AlienfoxSILVER Member
130 posts

Posted:
I re-built my staff last night - putting the old metal ends onto a 4 foot Chinese Fighting staff (red oak) and I was so chuffed with the results I went strait out and did 5 fishtails in a row. Which is odd, because I can’t do them.

So even more so than the other stuff, I advise “forgetting you can’t do it”.

Non-Https Image Link

- Alienfox -

6,978 posts

Posted:
hmm that's a smashing idea, alienfox!
only when i try to forget that i cant do things, i generally just misplace my house keys instead!

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Humm, This Thread Has Been Higacked! By Mistress Bams no less!

I aprove!

Dont worry, me and blue will see what we can do about your fishy hands miss bams!

T

-><- Kallisti

Hecklermember
7 posts

Posted:
Haha yes well, My staff keeps going to hit me in the nads when i try this, which is very unhealthy for my health (unhealthy for my health? What the...?). and, when i try to do fishtails, i end up hitting myself or launching my staff and hitting other people

Do you actually move your hand up and down in a fig 8 like Tanessa says? at the moment i'm sorta making a fishtail movement with my hand. mebbe thats what i'm doing wrong. hmm...

Has anyone tried entering fire twirling into a search box for dating services? hmmm...

When you register, why can you choose your birth year right up to the almighty 2013?

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Ohh Mr +) thank you.... 2 more days to go

I was given so much help last night at Spitz with the fishy tails
DsAds you've helped it make more sense.
Alicat.....girl you're good with fishies forward backwards and with left and right hands

The three of us worked on some nifty little fishtails to contact moves last night. I'll try and explain then when I figure out what I'm actually doing

*Snuggles*

Bammy

6,978 posts

Posted:
thankyou so much for your help o fishy ones! I can now manage a few forward fishtails on my right side, and a direction change with my wrist movements.

does this mean i'll have to learn a secret fishtail handshake?!?

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
cool

Bender: yes, you have to have a bucket of cold water ready....

Heckler: hava look at the col4 trailer, theres a closeup forward fishtial on there...

Mss Bam: Cant wait! hehehe

T :fish:

-><- Kallisti

6,978 posts

Posted:
heh heh cold water hey?
thanks again for the advice, you has been nothing but helpful
tonight I've got that 'just learnt the weave' feelin!
did i mention that you guys rawk!?!?!?
/dips head into bcuket of cold water only to have steam issue forth.

DsAdsPoi? Never!
316 posts

Posted:
Hey Bammy, ta for the reverse Fish Tail, can do it now!!!

Oh and found a slight variation where you can do left elbow contact, to rotation, to fishtail on right side, and back into middle then finish off the second (right) elbow contact.

nout that look too amazing but is quite nice.

See ya spoons

Ads

Is that magnets!?

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Now all I need to do is get me an office big enough to swing a stick in!!!

DsAds well fone on getting the rev fishy ...and now that's to you I've got the forward one

Slipping into the contact moves a bit tricky still though. Might have to go away and play with it for a while me thinks.

Bammy

Tanessamember
91 posts

Posted:
I am not just to used to batons....

Anyways, proper fishtales take place in front of the body (side to side). If the staff is too long, during the transition from side to side you will hit yourself right in the chest (that is if you are actually doing the fishtales right). Being a former baton twirler has given me a definate advantage over all staff spinners. I don't expect you non baton twirlers to understand, but plz don't forget that I am a very advanced staffer as well, and it was my baton twirling that made this staff spinning a breeze...

Like I have said before, if you want to learn total control of spinning any kind of stick apparatus, I challenge you all to go to your local communities and take baton twirling lessons. After that, you will have become much more advanced in any stick spinning.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:

Page: