Forums > Technical Discussion > neat way to light poi, but need help

Login/Join to Participate

Singed Piper (formerly Mark1)resident bagpiper
342 posts

Posted:
i know most of you will say this is dangerous, but, come on, we spin fire here.

i was rooting around the supermarket today and i bought a can of BINACA breath freshener (its a spray) for when i've just eaten onions and want to go out on the town. Anyway, I looked at the ingredients and saw alcohol and isobutane were the first two. I also noticed that the freshener came out in pulses, minimizing the possibility of the famed "back draft" all the hairspray enthusiasts fear. I immediately put some gloves on(duh) and got my lighter out. I figured out that I could light wicks at 3-4 feet, and that it left a minty scent(rather than hairspray's burning cat smell) I want to turn this into a one handed reloadable deal, using a refillable electric lighter, and the binaca. it would have to be cool, one handed, relatively safe, and all parts would have to be easily refillable. it would also have to be one piece and inexpensive. if anyone wants to try, this could add a lot to the beginning of a show. also could work as a breathing substitute.

Q:What's the difference between the Great Highland Bagpipes and the Northumbrian Pipes?
A:The Great Highland Pipes burn longer.

AtomSILVER Member
57 posts

Posted:
HEY MARK, REFER TO MY TOPIC CALLED, "IDEAL WAY TO IGNITE POI"

F I R E F I R E F I R E F I R E F I R E
F I R E F I R E F I R E F I R E F I R E

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:

the capitals hurt my eyes

Foraumember
81 posts

Posted:
Hm, refreshes your breath and lights your poi.. interesting

RixatrixBRONZE Member
paranoid of gov't conspiracies
217 posts

Posted:
hmm i've heard of the binaca thing before the guy who taught me how to breathe fire has breathed fire with that before instead of paraffin cuz he wanted some small blows but i've never tried it before but interesting what your saying.