Captain HazzardBRONZE Member
Ninja (shhhh, don't tell)
420 posts

Posted:
on the circles of light vid the group called tribe of the burning sock use a poi which shoots out sparks the whole time that they're swinging. how is this done please?

I only wanted to be 16... and free

Mr.Coffeemember
56 posts

Posted:
that's not sparks per se, i think that guy just put waaay too much fuel on his poi and didn't let it drip off before lighting, so that when he did light it and swung it around it threw the excess fuel off, pretty yes, dangerous yes, stupid, yes...

man, i gotta try that!

smoochies,
-Rhys

--> I'm just a wave acting out in my own particular way <--

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
try a search in the bboard, cap'n. These are made but using steel wool, but the trick is to find/construct a cage that will allow very small particles(read sparks) to pass thru, but no big pieces to burn your audience/friends/family/animals...

I'm in the process of tryin to build such cage b4 tom night meself, anyone have some hints?

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

Captain HazzardBRONZE Member
Ninja (shhhh, don't tell)
420 posts

Posted:
cheers dude. im gonna try that on the beach tonight. i was expecting some chemical combination,like iron filings on the wick
cheers
scootchie pootchie

[ 03. January 2003, 05:22: Message edited by: captain hazzard ]

I only wanted to be 16... and free

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
cages packed with wire wool, simple to construct, add a length of chain, useing eye protection, light em up and let em spin.