Forums > Social Chat > poi friends....(please read!!)

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
cutie poi girliemember
237 posts

Posted:
hey eyery one i think everyone should have their own special poi friend to swop ideas and new moves with, and to practice with. It's much more fun then practicing on your own... tongue tongue tongue tongue

Luv peace 'n' chicken grease Al X x

sandmanmember
65 posts

Posted:
Definitely! It's especially helpful to see what the moves look like when someone else does them.Unfortunately I haven't been able to persuade any of my friends to get really into it yet. A few have shown enough interest to master the basic weave, but nobody's persued it further.At least I've got this site to come to for inspiration. Don't know what I'd do without it!

catboymember
167 posts

Posted:
Hmm I agree its much easier when youve got someone else to copy (or laugh at when the poi start raining in... smileLooks like we are all at oposite corners of the country though..

you can take the cat out of the jungle, but you cant take the jungle out of the cat

GaBBeRave19member
72 posts

Posted:
that would b kewl cept...im probably the only glowsticker in a 500 mile radius. ive been spinning by myself teaching myself everything for a year before i found this site and actually found out other ppl enjoy it too. where would we all be without homeofpoi.com...scary thought

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
I have one friend who is on my level, I do not know what I would do without him (J.T.) I have two other friends that try, but when I need to see what I look like I ask john to do it, because you don't know what it looks like from the outside till you see somebody else do it. We learn off of each other constantly. I think everybody needs a poi friend. If there is anybody near oklahoma that need a poi friend, you can email me (y'all can also do a search in the "meet others" section) santanatwo@yahoo.com

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
I agree about having someone to poi with & learn from etc... A good way to find someone locally is to post details of a spin meet in a local juggling shop or student hangout/alternative bar etc I have done this in Nottingham and have several new poi friends. Be prepared for it to take a while for word to spread and keep turning up! Good luck. For anyone in the Nottm area we meet every Weds on The Forest Recreation Ground at sundown(ish) opp toilet block.As my mum always said, "seek and yea shall find."Onelove Thistlefirepixie smile[This message has been edited by Thistle (edited 25 September 2001).]

Are we nearly there yet?

Maelstrommember
135 posts

Posted:
I think a strange this is happening in Ohio. Well that's sort of normal here. It seems that there about eight to twelve people,(at most an hour away from one another) that all have different degrees of skill. About eight of these twelve are all going camping this weekend and are going to meet for the first time. Up until this point we've all been talking through e-mail. I really can not wait! smile So far it sounds as if the peolpe going camping are really into spinning, and at the very least have basic skills. Hopefully this will turn in to something. Wish us luck! smile ------------------Nothing good ever comes from hanging out with "normal" people.

Nothing good ever comes from hanging out with normal people.

Draco Dominusmember
14 posts

Posted:
Hey Catboy! U live in Leicester? So do I. Have you got Yahoo Messanger? Perhaps you can meet up with me and my mates some time.up to you.------------------Respect the flames, for from them emerges heat, and light, let this Light guide you, and this heat warm your heart, from fire comes Life.

Respect the flames, for from them emerges heat, and light, let this Light guide you, and this heat warm your heart, from fire comes Life.

Draco Dominusmember
14 posts

Posted:
Good luck Maelstrom------------------Respect the flames, for from them emerges heat, and light, let this Light guide you, and this heat warm your heart, from fire comes Life.

Respect the flames, for from them emerges heat, and light, let this Light guide you, and this heat warm your heart, from fire comes Life.

MiSsFrOgmember
187 posts

Posted:
*sigh* i try and get pozee and myst to practice with because they are the closest ones to me that ive found but they dont like me, they ignore me frown grin erica_____________"come with me to a land of fantasy take my hand down into techno wonderland"

Its not easy being green....

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
What the hell are you talking about frog!?! I've been wanting to spin with you forever. E-mail me and you and I will set a time. Gosh, Ignoring you,lol. I love spinning with new people. Write me.Eric

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Yeah having a friend to share yer tricks and he sharing yer tricks is the best ya learn faster than if you practice alone...hehe nice mist Eric and Erica:P

Dance like if noone were watching you

WuGgaRoOmember
123 posts

Posted:
i dont have anyone frown.... i tried teaching two of my friends...but they gave up...sad really...there is another dude next to me but i dont think he pratices at all.. but maybe me n NYC could meet up to spin...i need sum input on how to improve my poi-ing from a dude who likes to do it and takes time doing it...cept one thing...im not up to fire yet...but prolly by the end of the winter my skills should be homed enough for me to give it a whirl..so NYC u there dude???

Follow Wuggarooism10)Dons't cheateth on thee's significant other9) If thou seest a pig that resembles thee's friend...dont eateth the pig...perhaps it is thee's friend8) If thou talkest shit..thou is a pansy7) Don't buttith into conversations for it will be over thous head6) Dont let stupid comments go unpunished they can only leadest to thous anyurysms5) Dont lie to your friends4) Thou areest what thou arest don't change thou for anyone 3) Masturbation isnt a crime2) When a horse comes up to thou and sayest baaa thou must run!1) Be excellent to eachother

WuGgaRoOmember
123 posts

Posted:
actually not only NYC...if any person from NYC wants to meet up n spin sumtime id prolly come..i just saw le skunks video...it looks awesome...

Follow Wuggarooism10)Dons't cheateth on thee's significant other9) If thou seest a pig that resembles thee's friend...dont eateth the pig...perhaps it is thee's friend8) If thou talkest shit..thou is a pansy7) Don't buttith into conversations for it will be over thous head6) Dont let stupid comments go unpunished they can only leadest to thous anyurysms5) Dont lie to your friends4) Thou areest what thou arest don't change thou for anyone 3) Masturbation isnt a crime2) When a horse comes up to thou and sayest baaa thou must run!1) Be excellent to eachother

TranceKujamember
68 posts

Posted:
I wish i had someone else that also did poi. There's only one other guy that i know and he's more for breakdancing or doing stuff from movies. I breakdance too, but the stuff he does from movies is so simple...------------------Live by honor. Kill by stealth. Only the unseen survive.~peace~

Live by honor. Kill by stealth. Only the unseen survive.~peace~

foobaaspinning for ages
125 posts

Posted:
yeh I agree..but I do not have anyone to spin with yet...however twirlgirl and I might just meet soon...thanks to this forum!!

fe fi foo fun

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
Lonely poi-er finds poi bud. BOOMSHANKAR!! I have a poi bud!! My sister has sucumbed to the attraction of the poi. Even though she's only just starting, it definitley helping meb think about arm movements, etc& to top it all I've just got the BTB R Weave!!! Cher-ching!:-)~M

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Lonely as I am in Paris, you bet I am longing for a real poi friend... you are right, cute one !!!!Mis frog, be carefull, Myst can easily break a woman's heart as he did to mine (see previous thread where I was dumped like a sack of potatoe... with striking revelations about a child ... by the way, I gave birth, in case you are interested Myst and it is .... a ...6'' blue glowstick !!!! lol )Maelstrom, hope the camping goes well. Marlboro, congratulations !Shine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Evilsunmember
15 posts

Posted:
cutie poi girlie feel free to come practic with me any time you're down my way smileEvilsun

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I agree, it's much better to have a friend spinning with you to help you pick new tricks up faster, it really helps if there's someone looking at your hands from a different angle to tell you what you're doing wrong.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

cutie poi girliemember
237 posts

Posted:
hey evil sun! thanx for the initation! but where do you actually live?(apart from hants) Thanx for posting all those replys everyone!!!! I also want to say thanx to my special poi friend, jade, just for being there.... Cutie tongue

Luv peace 'n' chicken grease Al X x

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
gee wiz, that reminds me of a neet way to have fun....all you need is some latex gloves and a glowstick (preferably a smooth glowstick)LOL wink

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
Now don't go ruining this for me Cassandra. MrsFrog doesn't know my rep and I don't want her to know that I used to get around. Does my baby look like me? Blue, I was hopeing for blue. I'm a daddy!!! I guess I have to slow down now. Darn.Eric

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Santanatwo, smooth glowstix ??? now *that* would have been usefull earlier wink lolMiss frog, if I were you, I'd go and spin all night long with Myst, I really would. Just keep him away from any thongs and any camel you might encounter. oops, did I ruin your rep again sweet one ?As for the baby it is as cute as you, blue with a sweet little hook and its first words were "gimme some hardcore transe mummy". However, he recently asked a new enigmatic sentence "where is the kerdane" I beleive the lack of father's presence is leading him to dangerous habbits... winkOh and I am terribly sorry Cute Poi Girlie for such an off topic post, I did not mean to be rude, really. shine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
Cassandra, Why do you have to be so cute! I think that's so adoarable. LOL, tell the little bastard daddy loves him. Frog, I'm still waiting for an e mail to set a time to spin.Eric

Evilsunmember
15 posts

Posted:
Near Portsmouth Poi Girlie smileEvilsun

sandmanmember
65 posts

Posted:
Hey Fire Princess you out there? Would be great to meet sometime. Haven't been able to send email last 2 days. I'm just a beginner compared to you, judging by your posts, but would love to see what you can do!I actually live in Shoreham but spend most of my time in Brighton. Be sure and drop me a line if you're gonna be out poi'ing on the beach or whatever coolAny more Brighton peeps fancy a get together?

jedimastahmember
97 posts

Posted:
Too true. Learning with friends is very exciting simply because you have common goals. Together you can do anything. I have a group of friends that started from the begining up into the badass mother!@#$%^& that we have become.

Fire Princessmember
130 posts

Posted:
Sorry moderators...Hey Sandman, that would be great. I'll be back in Brighton on the 7th.I'm no expert, but I do my best. You could probably teach me a thing or two! The beach is good, but it gets a bit windy at this time of year...haven't been able to find anywhere better though.Looking forward to meeting you!FP xxPS:Anyone else who wants to meet up in London or Brighton - drop me a line! I believe Garbo is trying to sort out some mass gathering in London for the relay, but this is unconfirmed...

Masayamember
6 posts

Posted:
Hey Brighton swingers, I'll be there and i'm sure I could convince about 6 other poiers to come to!!! Let me know where and when, I suggest the level?!!Love xx Masaya xx

xxx Masaya xxx

Tlightmember
189 posts

Posted:
Fire princess, I might be interisted in coming. Im only 14 and not the biggest of people but it sounds fun. Could you give me some details?

I hope you realize how pissed I am.

Page: