Page:
Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
Ok after 2 weeks of rolling this idea around in my head and checking in with various toy stores. I haven't come up with the answer. How do you build a poi head that holds soapy water and replenishes the bubble ring? Is there mabe some other way of creating a bubble? The closest I've gotten is a small jar with strings glued to the bottem and a sponge in the mouth with an inserted bubble ring. However everytime I run it I come up with the same fault. The water will simply run around the ring and fly off... assuming the water even comes out.. AHHHHH help please?------------------We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonMost Memerable crowd saying "Hey look that dude's gonna set himself on fire again!"

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
Found somewhere that i needed glycerin for blacklight bubbles but it didnt work.

But: if you want something that turns bright blue in black-light: buy a bottle of ('royal club') tonic (or something else with "Kinini" in it as a sweetener). Works like a bitch!

"Don’t know how long, this one’s gonna take;
I could fail, but I’d rather be a fuckup, than a fake"

Miranda (mewcat)BRONZE Member
queen of all the hipsters
150 posts

Posted:
I always drink gin and tonics in clubs for the same effect. Occasionally I worry about what it could be doing to insides if it glows like that, but if I find that another drink often stops me worrying.

to live at all is miracle enough

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
Written by: Miranda

does anyone have a good bubble machine they could recommend

i have this one

Non-Https Image Link

https://froogle.google.co.uk/froogle_clus...e&scoring=p

its great, runs on mains or batteries and makes lots and lots of bubbles. fills my garden in minutes!

Miranda (mewcat)BRONZE Member
queen of all the hipsters
150 posts

Posted:
Oooooh, funky! Thanks, Star!

to live at all is miracle enough

BaccoryBRONZE Member
126 posts

Posted:
Bubble poi seem like a crazy idea but one idea i was bent on for a art project in highschool was smoke bubbles...i'm not a smoker but if i've got some bubble formula on me and someone at a party is smoking i'll nick off with one and depending on the light (sometimes i the lighting sucks for it and they're like...so?) i'll blow their mind...but what I still want to do it (as well as these bubble poi) is moddify/combine one of those smoke machines and a bubble machine and COMBINE them into one uber machine that creates smoke bubbles...should get started on that sometime eh? this thread just reminded me....I'll put both on my to do list...

Twisthem488member
187 posts

Posted:
oooh zubble bubble poi

Im a Thespian, But I'll Act Normal Around You Guys

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
mmm. dom and i both made bubble poi a few years ago, with the bubble planes. they're cool, but hard to use, and not reliable. but cool wink

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

PoiToimember
41 posts

Posted:
i'm working on this now, for the second time in a few years.

but this time, it's serious...
i think i have a design that may work, we'll see. smile

ubbrollsmile

PoiToimember
41 posts

Posted:
humm.
that didnt work. frown

now i have to go to my super-involved idea.....

this will be interesting.

Page: