AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Are there any fire gatherings, get togethers etc in Brisbane this thursday, friday or saturday evenings.... up that way for a conference, and thought if there was............

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Saturday or is it sunday try west end park ! for a lark in the park? (groan!) I Think not sure never been there but yeah.

Anyperson can acheive anything if they don't have fear in their hearts.

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
I thought the West End thingy was on on Tuesday eves... at least.. I'm fairly certain they were when I was living in West End last year... hmmm...

Any one else any idea?

There's *always* good places to spin... (thinking of the look outs up the road) ahhhh.

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
Hi Ade...*

There's nothing big twirling-wise organised this weekend as far as I know... quite a few of us are going up north for the Brisdjembe Drum/dance retreat (like a mini festival), so unfortunately we won't be around much...

We're coming back to perform at the Stone's Corner festival on Sunday at about 7pm - the festival runs all day and there is some great music on if you are interested in that (Stone's Corner is about 10-15min south of the city I think... help me southsiders)

It's also *reallly* hot up here at the moment - feel free to bring a bit of cooler weather with you when you come

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Hey Ade..
There is a twirling get together on Friday night at wellington point just a group of twirlers that "funk it up" for the night...
On sunday there is a big gig at burleigh heads...if ya wanna catch up for a twirl please PM me and we can hang out....

[ 05. December 2002, 18:13: Message edited by: Valura ]

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"