Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > London - Clapham Common Spinnin to go weekly?

Login/Join to Participate

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
The sunday spins have been getting really rather lovely! If you haven't been yet you should do!

With the demise of Thursdays at Kensal and seemingly no ready replacement, I was thinking that maybe we should make the Sunday spins at Clapham Common weekly as opposed to bimonthly.

Anyone else think this is a good idea? Let me know your thoughts please!
Thank you!

THE UNITED CHAINS OF FIREmember
192 posts

Posted:
Yes i think its a flip flop flapitty good idea as i have only been to the first one (as exams are a pain in the ass and also grounded numerous times for numerous different reasons!) but now it is the summer hols, i can make whenever (i now regularly attend the spittlefields on which is fab!)

the lack of music as i have said before may pose a problem...i have a stunning cd of poing music but nothing to play it on when i am with you guys and gals!!

I don't dance. I move to music - Some dumb schmuck, Blue Peter 16/9/02-------------------This morning, I sat on the TV and I watched the Sofa

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I think weekly meetings is a great idea

I may well try to turn up to a few, but I'll only manage a few hours at a time, since it'll be after the intermediate poi classes and I'll have to leave at about 9 to get home in time for work the next day.

I'm planning to take the monday off after the 18th though, so I can hang around to get some spinning dome when it's dark enough for fire.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
Grounded - Hahahahahahaha.
Sorry man, i didn't realise.....did you want me to go up to the bar for you next tuesday?
Get you a beer and everything....

**Stands back in wait for the tidal wave of old bastard jokes**

PS - Ever tried grounding your mum?
Does it work? does it fuck.......parents have no respect for your house rules.

OOOoo back the point - Yep, could do Clapham weekly as it would make up for no thursday nights and more people could make it more often etc...but one of the nice things was that it was bi-weekly (ie Could have a life outside of poi (heresy, I know) 2 weeks a month and not miss anyone). Hmmmmm......suck it and see mate.

We really need more fire though, whether it's Clapham or somewhere else......I think Dave and Lisa had somewhere that they were checking out. I'll get one of them to mail you if it's any good.

OOOooo - And Ewan & Carrey reckon on a quick burn if we can clear out quickly on Tuesday. (Still to be confirmed)

Keep Smiling and Stay Green peeps.
SmallBoy

[ 01 August 2002, 20:12: Message edited by: Small Boy ]

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Well i could try and make it every week, but it would be a bit of a pain, as i live in Redhill and have to rely on "public transport" and i think you all know the joke about that!
Well i'm deffinately coming on Sunday (4th) but wont be able to make the 11th (if you do make it weekly) as i'm away visiting my dad in S.France.
But i can deffinately come to all the one's proposed for 1st and 3rd sunday.
If all that made any sense to anyone then i'll be amazed! sorry for waffling on!
Alice
xXxXxX

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
Every Sunday is a good idea - we should make use of all the "Summer" we have left!

C

PS: We could all go somewhere on Tuesday to burn up if we are fast enough and leave Spitalfields at 10. I think Ewan and I always thought the part near my flat was an option - and it's only ten minutes walk from Spitalfields. We've done it once before with Dave, Simon and Drew - it was short but very fun...

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
Burn, burn.........Tuesday after Spitalfields pleeeeeeeeezzzzzz sounds like a blast......

I officially take back my "(yet to be confirmed)"

We love u - x

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

BurnsBRONZE Member
40 posts

Posted:
Sounds like a master plan but we would only be able to make it once every 2 - 4 times as it is quite a long way and there is also a bridge jump we have found near Milton Keynes we are going to do next weekend. but can make it to this one on the 4th of August, so see you all there.

'scars are tatoos for the brave'