Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Poi and Staff workshops in Spitalfields Market EC1 London

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
SpacemonkEmember
25 posts

Posted:
----------- Spinning@... Update -----------

Dear all

we have moved to a new location.... se here for the new treead

[Old link]

see you at the rag factory..

this is why we have moved...

We had discussions in the pub on Tuesday regarding the use of the market for spinning@spitz and thanks to friends we have a much clearer idea of what’s going on:

Unfortunately we are not allowed back into the market for our workshops. It seems that while we have been out the market for the work, there has been a change of management. The new management appears to want to “increase the value” of the market area (gentrification is the term being used). This has led to many of the existing tenants not being invited to re enter the market, our selves included.

The st’georges residents association would have had no idea we would not be allowed back in, so although annoying its not their fault. We still have contacts in the market and we don’t want to cut out any future possibility of re-entering the market at a later date by kicking up a fuss, especially when there is no chance at all of us using the space in the current climate.

We need to do 2 things… 1. Find a temporary place to play ASAP… (see top) and 2. Find a permanent new home… to help us move forward we need your help. Please think of the people around you, be it your parents, friends, colleagues etc and see if there is anyone who may be able to finds us a new home… put the feelers out there.

If you find somewhere that fits our criteria (see below) then please get a contact name, a number or email and if appropriate, have a brief chat with them as a recommendation or personal contact makes a huge difference. If they are interested, forward their details to me and I will then chase it up.

We require an indoor or covered outdoor area with adequate lighting able to house up to 100 people on a Tuesday evening within 10mins from a tube and centrally located. We also require power to run a portable stereo.

On another note we have decided to have a Xmas party to raise some funds to help us secure a new spinning@..... ‘s venue. The confirmed date is Thursday 20th December in a Brixton from about 7.30 pm to 1 am. More details to follow.

Hopefully we will get sorted very soon and in the meantime we will meet at the poet next week and maybe look at ice skating, bowling or something else there after.

Huge hugs

Kev and the guys at spinning@.... ‘s

grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug

EDITED_BY: Dom (1208047279)

Perspective allows us to live in a world of incomprehensible possibility, simply by blinding us to almost all of it… We’re not horses, yet we all wear blinkers...

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Old School friends! ubblove

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Old school friends? Huh? Where?

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
at spitz, then at the pub, on tuesday smile

ubblove

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

MojojoGOLD Member
wandering dingo
167 posts

Posted:
Oops I retract the "where were you Ya piker!" message I just sent you gabe... Yeah, we had to be home by a certain time too, and seeing as it took us 1 hr 45.

yeah, so maybe at play then!

Only three things are certain: Death, Taxes, and that England will not win back the Ashes in this lifetime.

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
yay! twas lovely to see you all, and so nice to finally meet gabe in real life hugs all round

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

muddnewbie
9 posts

Posted:
so is this place opposite the church down commercial st????

and what time does it all kick off...
does it cost?

maybe ill find out if its on tomorow..... is it?

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
i missed gabe & the lovely miss sunbeam frown
that'll teach me to miss spitz, although i had an excellent excuse, honest miss...

Mudd:
Yup. Spittalfields Market. Big old building. kick off is 7pm, first time is free smile

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

muddnewbie
9 posts

Posted:
cheers ears, beerchug

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: simian

Mudd:
Yup. Spittalfields Market. Big old building. kick off is 7pm, first time is free smile

It was a bit strange to find.... kinda tucked inside some building works... Good luck!! I won't be back for a few months...
see you then or at Play etc...

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

solar_bearSILVER Member
journeyman
78 posts

Posted:
Went down there for the first time this week with a couple of mates and we'll definitely be back for more. Nice people, nice atmos, nice music smile

It may stop, but it never ends.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
I miss Spitz!!!! (and Brick Lane curies beforehand!)

Will be back sooon!

OrbitSILVER Member
enthusiast
270 posts

Posted:
I'm celebrating the 4th of July, the day upon which my country liberated itself from the oppression of the English... by going to London and spinning things in circles (and not-so-circular shapes). Okay, so I'm mostly going to spend time with my girlfriend, who is now in Oxford, but on the 4th of July itself I will be at Spitz. Anyone want anything from America?

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Bush's head on a stick? biggrin
Rachel Wiess?
A jigsaw puzzle made from cheese?
10,000 barrels of oil?

Actually, scrap those, can you bring me the declaration of independance, complete with coffee cup stain from George Washingtons mother.

Sorry.. Ive been working all night and i need some sleep...
redface

monseratSILVER Member
My flabber is gasted
737 posts

Posted:
right, definitely going to be there tonight after missing the last 2 weeks. I need some decent space to spin in! Who else will be about?

Chaos is the natural state of the universe

Some days I'm the pigeon, some days I'm the statue.

honourary militant margerine ninJAH

If it wasn't for displacement activity I wouldn't get half as much done

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
I wish I could come but yet again it looks like a no show for me....I will be hoping to come next week as it will be my last week in London.

*robyn*BRONZE Member
111 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Orbit

Anyone want anything from America?

reece's peanut butter cups please!

HURRAH! roger's coming back!! that little tid bit of news has made my day.

my state of mind creates my world

Just_Another_Clownold hand
965 posts

Posted:
im going to be there..hoping that trains are running well. biggrin

Q:"How many Jugglers Does it take to change a light bulb?"
A:"One, but another 99 others saying,'I could do that if I only practised more'" biggrin biggrin

Gate Keeper to Shocked_Prawn. None may pass.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Trains dont run.. they chug. tongue

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Jannike and I should be there on Tuesday too. smile

So anyone want anything from Peru?

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Some ground coffee would be super swell biggrin kiss

I'll hopefully (but probably wont be) there next Tuesday. ubbrollsmile

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Why not?
You've already let slip that you won't be working, are you just going to sit around in your underpants watching simon play world of warcraft?

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Nope, I'll be heading home after being all shagged after travelling all day from far away..

ubbangel

Then I need to get packed for play ont 'eh wed-nes-day then to yours on the Thu-rsd-ay.

bounce

One week to go!

KateMnewbie
8 posts

Posted:
Will it still be running this week with the game on tonight?

monseratSILVER Member
My flabber is gasted
737 posts

Posted:
just what I was wondering...

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Yes, it will smile

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
I've finally arrived in London!
Helllooooooo!
Hopefully meet some of you soon

hug
Eve

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

monseratSILVER Member
My flabber is gasted
737 posts

Posted:
are folks about tonight?

OrbitSILVER Member
enthusiast
270 posts

Posted:
I hope so! I'm in London for the day and hoping to do some spinning!

KatrinaGOLD Member
enthusiast
352 posts

Posted:
Hello lovely, wonderful, ever so pretty, london spinners.

How are you today? you look very nice.

yeah this is probably the completely wrong place to ask this but I figured you guys are from london so one of you might be able to help me.

I'm coming down to london at the end of august. The place I've stayed in the past has put it's prices up by ridiculous amounts so I was wondering if anyone could suggest any good B&B's or hostels, preferably in tube zones 1 or 2?

Thank you in advance

One day i'll learn to resist gravity...

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
Hi All

How's everybody doing? I haven't posted on HOP for about 1 year (Got addicted at work so had to stop, then went abroad and currently no internet at home!). Good to see it's all still here!

Anyways, I've started working near Old Street so I guess I'm pretty close to Spitz now and may turn up next week... biggrin

Haven't been practicing this year though, so my arms will get tired very quickly but I miss spinning.

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

Page: ......