Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Any poi peeps going to Carling Reading festival UK????

Login/Join to Participate

Newbornmember
55 posts

Posted:
If u are then email me coz i ordered my tickets and luck willing i shall be there so we should meet up and do some poi!!!!!!

Beamers Hurt but double Beamers r u insane???Well actually...yes i am!

orangemember
158 posts

Posted:
probably not be joining you but is that you marlboro?
if so ta for the orange hoffman2000 t-shirt
orange? you say -yup
ta sis

you still visit sheffield on occasion?

big hugs

swoopedinandswoopedoutagain...orange...xxx...

talabanymember
14 posts

Posted:
yeh cool, i'm comming to reading and it would be juice to do poi with other people there, so yeh errr write back and tell me what u think or something.
take it easy
sadrra

Newbornmember
55 posts

Posted:
I'm not marlboro i'm Aidan was @ the london poi meet think i saw u there now i know y u called orange lol!!!

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I'm going to Reading too, and I'll be taking my staff, I'm not sure if I'll be spinning any day other than thursday though since I'll probably be far too knackered after spending the weekend in various moshpits

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
Probably going. Having got ticket yet, and I may be in the Edinburgh Festival, but it al depends on cash.......
But yeah, hopefully. Everyone cross their fingers for Dibs!! XXXX

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

orangemember
158 posts

Posted:
newborn
you all look alike with the flames circling your heads
marlboro changed his log-in name you see-and for some reason i thought it was you..my apologies:)

enjoy reading

ooh and dibs_star did you go to last the edinburgh fringe festival in 2000 ?
i was the 12 feet tall silver alien chasing the fairy - to give her a flower
- not a real flower i might add..
no flowers were hurt during our show

big hugs all

swoopedinandswoopedoutagain...orange...xxx...

Newbornmember
55 posts

Posted:
Well i was the one firebreathing alot wearing red combats and tiger top at the start bold head.
Darth Maul Lightsabre!

--AuRIaN---member
69 posts

Posted:
not going to reading but on for glastonbury this year! should b good as long as weather stays fine! no rain! b my first fest wen i can fire poi so gonna have to make use of it! any tips on how to carry fire gear around? carrying lots of heavy stuff around festivals is the last thiing you want to b doing!

Newbornmember
55 posts

Posted:
I can get all my stuff in one rucksack!
2 sets of fire poi
1 4l container of parrafin
1 2l container of bar-B-Cue lighter fuel
2 Tupperware pots that house a fire poi head in each soaking and secure!
2 fire clubs
3 fire brands
towel of some sort
cloth
bottle of water
all squiged in nice and tight!

THE UNITED CHAINS OF FIREmember
192 posts

Posted:
evening all..ive just watched the italian job...what a belter!! anyqway...back to the topic in hand...reading...Yes, the United Chains Of Fire will be making a guest appearance (well 2 of the 5 anyway) but we will be bruinging others who like to poi as well!!!! (this is jonathan here, the kid who was poiing on glass's shoulders). chris will be the other person comming. there will be an entire contingent of us, about 40 in all going!! so i should be seeing you all there (just look for someone on fire and it should be me!!) however i dont know how much poi/staffing etc i will do as im going to be pretty fucked on various drugs (alcohol and weed mainly...maybe some otheres tho if im up 4 it at the time) so we will see what happens!! i will however be taking : fire chains, normal poi, fire staff (if ive made it), fire breathing torch, and just general firey stuuf . how much paraffin are you lot taking? were going to need quite a bit arent we? im think 2 or 3 4litre bottles (is that too much??) remember tho that on the last night/day we will ALL be setting fire to lots of random things !!!!!

see you all there!!!

---------------
I Smell Funny

I don't dance. I move to music - Some dumb schmuck, Blue Peter 16/9/02-------------------This morning, I sat on the TV and I watched the Sofa

Johnnimember
24 posts

Posted:
Yeah I should be in Reading...I'll join anyone spinning...but I'm dubious as to whether we'll spin long...they have funny fire regulations, always loads of firemen running around putting out blazing portaloos etc...

anyone spun there before?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
But you're always one step ahead of them setting them ablaze?

Meh

Johnnimember
24 posts

Posted:
*squiggley eyebrows*...ah yes! J=foolish!

catboymember
167 posts

Posted:
UNITED CHAINS OF FIRE.... Imagine how gutted I was sitting there watching it, dreaming of my (recently sold) mini!... White 1963 cooper-s with bonnet straps... gutted!

Anyway, Aiden, I might be going to Reading (gonna try and go, but dont have tickets yet) so if you want a lift, just let me know... should have plenty of room in the car... If I dont go, my house mate is going with a load of friends from work, so I can definitely sort you (and anna) out with a lift... give me a call and we can sort something out!...

b:)

you can take the cat out of the jungle, but you cant take the jungle out of the cat

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
funnilly enough catboy, i can take the jungle out of a cat. i would slice it from (go)nads to neck and then run it over with a steam roller....i think that would get pretty much everything out opf the cat!! ;-) One thing to say: Reading is going to be mash up!!! bring on the 23rd of august!!!! (that was one thing in two sentences btw!!)

see you all there!!

THE UNITED CHAINS OF FIRE

-------------------
I like cheese

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
No, not going. Got ticket, then had to sell it on. Grrrr!!

ORANGE!!! - No I wasn't there, but! in my drama school they have a poster from last years fringe with a man on stilts dressed in silver pulling a nasty face....hmmmm...... I wonder. Were you wearing head gear?? because the guy on the pic has. Who were you working for? are you going up again? questions questions...

So yeah, Reading is off for Dibs. nae mind.

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I'm getting all excited now there's only 3 weeks to go.

I've just read back over my other reply and I'll not be taking my staff, since I've semi-abandoned it in favour of my poi recently, but, since I'm a Reading Festival virgin and don't know the site, is there anywhere that we're likely to be able to spin fire away from flammable tents and the like?
I've just invested in a fire blanket, so if security start hassling us, we might look as though we know what we're doing more and they might be more inclined to leave us alone.

I'll be getting there on the Thursday, so I'm planning to get a fair bit of spinning in before the music starts on Friday, see you there

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

MoohaahaaBRONZE Member
enthusiast
382 posts

Posted:
Me me yup yup, I'm going to Reading. I don't think its too friendly for fire spinners, we need to get a spot to meet.
Somewhere next too the river or sumfink. When will they do the wise thing and invest in a Stone Circle. HAHA. Sorry I forgot Reading just doesn't have enough magic around to get something like that. Maybe Metal Square would be more apropriate.
Do ya fink we'll be able to get fire stuff into the main arena, or will I have to leave it at my tent all day??

Some things you have to see to believe, but
Some things you have to believe in to see.

192 posts

Posted:
im amazed how quickly the time has gone! i can remember being with my mate (also in the united chains of fire who is going) and, this is in march saying how long it was untill the festival and our results (as level) come out....no wthe results are only 2 weeks away and the festival is 3!! where did all the time go??!

yeh....i dont think they will let you in the main arena with firey things....unless slipknot are playing at that exact moment...lol....

it would be really cool to meet up whilst there...stoned off our rockers (and drunk as well) and even attempt to poi or fire chain or staff!! i gotta get some photos!!!

see you all there...if not this sunday or on tuesdays at spittlefields!!

[ 03 August 2002, 07:42: Message edited by: THE UNITED CHAINS OF FIRE ]

I don't dance. I move to music - Some dumb schmuck, Blue Peter 16/9/02-------------------This morning, I sat on the TV and I watched the Sofa

192 posts

Posted:
-bump-

YIPEE!!!!

ONE WEEK TO GO!!!!!!
see you all there!

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Only 1 full day of work before I leave here and head off bound for Reading

If anyone wants to meet up for a spin or anything, and doesn't see a whole load of fire or glowing stuff flying around, give me a ring on 07973625797, I'll most likely come straight over with some paraffin

192 posts

Posted:
well im off in 9 hours and 45 mins!!! yipee!!!

192 posts

Posted:
wasnt it a stonker...the prodigy were a little disappointing but wernt the lights amazing!!!
it was good to see you, dark fairy queen, down there...always bubbling and full of energy

also good to see you bovril monkey and im sure it will happen again soonish!

thank you all for being there and ....oh..looks like ive got home before all of you!

_how black was your bath water after you had a bath?...mine was grey! hmmm....lovely!_