Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Any firetwirlers in or near Koolewong or Woy Woy?

Login/Join to Participate

Wyrmwoodmember
11 posts

Posted:
A friend of mine living in Koolewong was lamenting the other day about how he has no one to twirl with So if you are a twirler and live around that area and want to meet up or know of any fire events happening, please contact me and I'll pass the message on.

cheers

Wyrmwood

[ 11 April 2002, 14:26: Message edited by: Wyrmwood ]

sarah...member
339 posts

Posted:
well, wyrmwood.. it so happens that i live in canberra and have not much of an idea where woy woy or koolewong are, exept that they are on the central coast.. BUT... if your friend can make it to canberra, Id be delighted to twirl with them, keeping in mind that i am a beginner.. but we can all learn from each other!
By the way, i noticed that youre from canberra... what happens in the firetwirling world here? i know about the gatherings on friday nights in garema place but not much...
Keen to fill me in?

Fire... A bushmans telly

Wyrmwoodmember
11 posts

Posted:
Yes, I am a Canberran firetwirler. Canberran firetwirlers have a regular meet in the city at Gareema Pl (where the chesspit is) friday night between about 8ish to 10ish (sometimes earlier, but if its not raining, someone will usually be there). We also have a website at https://www.fire.house.cx
Look forward to seeing you there!

sarah...member
339 posts

Posted:
sweet thanks!
I showed up last night and had a great time!there were only a few people there when i was, but i had a ball and twirled with fire for the first time! i also learnt a few small moves on the staff which was fun. Its also great to actually have a group of drummers there too, it was the first time i twirled to live drums, it was fantastic. ill be there next week to no doubt.. see you there most likely!

Fire... A bushmans telly

nihemamember
5 posts

Posted:
hey, i'm from Sydney, but my friends and i (who all fire-twirl - of some description) are always looking for an excuse to camp somewhere and meet more fire-twirlers.

You are so correct in the assumption of learning more from different group around Sydney, including Central Coast and Canberra!

give us a yell if you want us to come in the Uni holidays comin up...