badmember
6 posts

Posted:
u can do six beat to TTN from folwards TTN as your righth hand gose back put it right back behind your left sholder and as it gose folward and aproches your hand curve your right hand round under your left hand and then u need to do the same with your left hand except it gose over your right sholder and under your left hand and tha is six beat because ever beat your moving hand dose your stationary hand dose to. it can also be done in backwark it is the same but your your hand gose under your sholder and over your hand instead and this of course mean you can do 6 beat TTN weave but you hand to know how to do TTn weave first. Have fun

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Could I suggest you change the title to TTN weave or butterfly weave cause I was trying to figure it out for ages thinking you were talking about a buterfly. It's still not too clear, so are you describing a butterfly weave, a 6 beat split time ttn or a split time ttn weave, sorry I can't make head nor tail of it.

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Id love to learn a 6 beat TTN but the description is a bit hard to visualize. Any chance of a video?

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I could be wrong but I think what Bad is describing is butterfly weave rather than a 6bt TTN (though this is possible in split time). In other words a butterfly weave with the extra stretch used in the 4 bt ttn.

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
[4 beat TTN is a dealayed push thru from a 2 beat TTN.]

4 beat TTN in split time is actually:

6 beat TTN split time for the confussed!

split time TTN weave is a 5 beat split time opposite/butterfly weave.

hope that helps you figure a few things out.

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
that helps clear some iof it..but I was more interested in the 6 bt... so I do the 4 bt only through it over my shoulder for an extra beat?

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

badmember
6 posts

Posted:
sorry i a not to good at explaining thing but what i was trying to get at was that 6bt TTN can be made in to 6bt TTN weave if you can do it in Backwards as well. but it can also be done just as just folward or backward as well. when my home pc get fixed i am going to send a video in but that might be a while.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
in that case you can do infinite thread the needles if you are counting stuff where one poi goes behind you at any point...

but with them staying in front the is an 8-beat one there... you need to twist your arms in the same way as you would if you were doing a 7 beat weave. looks horrible

love
R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Is that the one that PK does???? I'm getting a little

Bammy

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Six beat...peice of piss...

right.. start in forwards butterfly...stall the RH poi over the left one (LIKE a gilligan). bring the RH poi over to the RHS and as you do so, wrap it round your hand so that it is half the length of the LH poi. straight into quadruple TTN.

this is the best bit...when you right hand is in front of your left (i.e further away from you) spin it really really quickly and slow down the LH one so you have the time to do the extra RH rotations.

same witht eh LH poi...speed it up and slow down the RH one.

(Thanks to UCOF Chris for this one)

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
afaik pk does pretty much all of these variations bam (i haven't seen him attempt the 8bt version mentioned up there but if anyone can do it, its gonna be the jedi louise aficiando himself)!

i don't understand the first post.
it could be a bunch of things but sounds like a ttn weave to me.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
errr errrrr never mind !

Bammy

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

badmember
6 posts

Posted:
i just did 8bt the first time i tryed but now i can't do it again

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Wouldn't twisting up your arms like a 7 beat weave give you a 6 beat TTN? Where do the other two beats come from for the 8 beat?

I'm assuming that a standard TTN is 2 beat, and that twisting your back wrist around the other arm before pushing it forwards gives you a total of 4 beats.
So adding the extra twist at the elbows would give another 2 beats to make 6 in total, or have I got all confused again?

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
I think the original post refers to the TTN variant where you brnig your hand under/over your shoulder to a 2 beats behind your back under arm, then one over arm with the trnasition in front of you.

If so technically it's not really a 6 beat TTN.

And to be balanced split time TTNs are odd numbered. no?

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
apologies. 6 either side.

but just tried and got a 7 on the left side(not yet on right) in split time...mmmmm

don't think pk has tried the extra on... and 8 happens if you airwrap in the middle of the 6. hehe.

R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)