AustinBRONZE Member
54 posts

Posted:
how the hell do you do the 7 beat weave without wrapping. I can do the 5 with no problem now but 7...i just cant figure it out????

please help anyone

NickCMonkey Wrangler
183 posts

Posted:
I believe glass does a 7 beat weave without wrapping in his contact staff video located here: https://www.alternativa.co.uk/poi/vids/DrewAndStaff.avi

If you don't want to download the video then follow my easier-said-than-done advice. Twist your arms as far as you can around each other, and then twist some more.

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
I (just about) got this today! For a forwards 7 beat, the arm positions are:
Place one elbow past the other - on your left, your right elbow should end up on the left side of your left elbow.
Your forearms should cross - left side again, right arm should be coming up from beneath the left on the outside of the arm and crossing over the top of your left forearm.
In this position, you should be just about able to fold your right wrist and fingers beneath your left wrist.

Starting from a normal weave, right hand leading to the left side, the beats should be:
1 - right poi crosses to left side
2 - left poi follows
3 - right elbow goes underneath left elbow
4 - left poi follows
5 - right wrist wraps around left
6 - left poi follows and crosses to right side
7 - right poi follows.

Reverse lefts and rights for the right hand side of the move.
Twist your arms up (painfully ) in the opposite way (other arm on top) for reverse 7-beat.

J

[ 04 November 2002, 07:36: Message edited by: Jephyre ]

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
7 beat no wrap to 7 beat reverse no wrap easy.. takes about 10 mins to learn with help from glass who happens to be downstairs right now, but its ugly stupid and pointless but proves that this move isnt impossible also from it there are 4 other 3 beat weaves and 4 other 6 beat weaves all with no wraps.
happy learning.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
and at least 4 more 2 beat weaves. which are just comedy. offsetting weaves to one side.
the goofy weave's
they're all ugly as louise.
glass

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Tangles. Goofy weaves. Ugly weaves.

I don't get out enough

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

AustinBRONZE Member
54 posts

Posted:
thanks guys may i now rest in peace about this. My arms arent bendy enough to do it at the mo but i see what you mean about bein tangled lol