Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > tip's on Alternate Butterfly Combination

Login/Join to Participate

DIANNAmember
55 posts

Posted:
ok i'm shocked i can't seem to get it help anyone got any tips?iv'e spent allmost an hour with my poi staring on the clip but this is the hardest move i have yet to learn.....

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Start with one poi. Do it until you get it right on one side. Then get it on the other side with one. Take both of them and then stagger and viola. That combination needs practice, don't get frustrated because you couldn't do it within an hour smile------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
also, it helps to know how to do the low wave and mexican wave smile------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

The Welcome Mattmember
193 posts

Posted:
It took me forever to learn this move too.. and I still can't do it straight. Once you get this one, you will be sooo excited. Then you will try to learn the BTB weave. This is the hardest move I have ever encountered. I'm not even close to getting it, and I have been practicing it for a month!!Good Luck.------------------www.ahh-thepooh.net <>

I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
Just keep at it Dianna - It'll come soon enough. smileI actually got this move ok but found corkscrew type stuff more difficult. I'm now struggling with BTB TTN - It's way too much for my brain to comprehend, let alone send the right signals to my hands (Is it possible??) confusedAll your efforts will be rewarded soon enough when you nail this move and you get that warm fuzzy virtuous 'Wahay' feeling. Like phunky says - practice on one side with one poi til you can do it, then teach it to the other side, then combine and stagger them. I always find learning the two hands separately works. Let me know when you get it grin

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank