Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Need some help on moves.....

Login/Join to Participate

BongoCIHmember
16 posts

Posted:
Heya all,I picked up Poi for the first time in march, so since then I've learnt up to 22 on the poi lessons with a couple of little moves added in. I can almost switch between all of those moves, almost smileI got down the full circle weave (forwards, turn, backwards, turn, etc...), as well as a move I enjoy doing which involves 1/2 backwards, a circle and 1/2 forwards. At the moment I'm kinda stuck for moves..Behind the back anything and I kinda windup with bruises and nothing closer. I was brave and learnt butterfly (I'm a guy, and all guys will know what I'm talking about smile ), and so now I can do all the genre of butterfly moves.....But I'm stuck for ideas. I'm kinda plateauing at the moment and I don't like it... so guys and girls.....help smileI'd like to learn the 5 beat weave, but haven't been able to figure it out from the website.....

NaganootchAKA CLERIC
172 posts

Posted:
Dude check here.. most of the wraps listed so far deal with the Butterflyhttps://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/000364.htmlOh and when your trying to learn the 5 beat, it seems to be easier if you alternate between trying to get the quad corkscrew and 5 beat weave. Also it helps if you really exagerate the twisting of the Wrists/arms until you get used to it.

We are defined by the choices we make

BongoCIHmember
16 posts

Posted:
what is a wrap?is that where the cable wraps around you?I'm kinda shooting in the dark smileI'll try that on the 5 beat thanks man.

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
Yeah,Wraps are when the cable/chain/cord briefly wraps around a part of your body near the tip of the poi, and then immediately unwraps spinning the poi in the opposite direction. I believe there is even a thread in this discussion group of a listing of wraps. Check it out. :PI know of the 1/2 left - circle - 1/2 right move..try instead of just doing a circle in the middle, do a quad-windmill(or just windmill) back to a circle in front, then the 1/2 right. ------------------ [PLUR]-=Crazy Raver Dude=-

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-