Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > whole "new" genre of tricks

Login/Join to Participate

SinCi7ymember

Posted:
there is a whole new world of triks out there that i havent seen once on this site... they are the wrap arounds.. they give off a dope reverse effecr and wirl pool action... there WAY too many to explain.. im goint to try and submit a video pretty soon, in case you have no clue of what im talking about. one thing though.. they seem to be difficult to do with poi, i prefer chem lights... one example of this is to do the butterfly, it doesnt matter what direction, and quikly position your hands in a prayer posture with your finger pointing away from you... the trik is to let the string wrap around your hands and bounce back.. it gives the butterfly a shrinking and regrowing effect. I know you must be like, what is he talkin about? but if you were to see someoone who knows how to do these things, you would be like,What..The...Fu**!! any questions... e mail me at sinci7y@aol.com

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
"New world" , lol, far from it. There's been arguments over no wraps being shown on this site and the fire twirlers always win. You probably just learned that butterfly double arm wrap and thought no one knew it, Guess what, there's a whole world of twirlers out there, better then me, better then you, so don't think you are the only one who knows something. Man, even the fire twirlers do wraps, they just don't do them as much as the glowstickers cause they like to make every move count, its a beautiful thing. My advice to you, make a video, and keep spinning, but don't come here talking like you are the creater of poi, cause there are people way better. search the moves section for wraps and you'll see some examples. (the search button is under where you clicked POST"

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Bit narky aren't we myst!?

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
Narky? Ok, maybe just a bit. Didn't mean for it to sound so harsh. Eric

NaganootchAKA CLERIC
172 posts

Posted:
Y is it that when ever something about glowsticks get brought up , the person who mentioned it gets bashed. Doesn't the main page say Home of poi ,,everything about poi comet meteor "glowsticks" staffs ..etc..So whats the big deal about having a glowstick movie. Even if it's just a link to a another site that is just hosting it. Like if the guy put it up on angelfire.com and we linked to that file.

We are defined by the choices we make

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
I'm a glowstick twirler as well, probably the most die hard gowsticker on the board, but I just realized the fire twirlers point when I lit up with a friend. It's almost a totally different thing. I wasn't bashing him for twirling glowsticks I was stating the fact that it wasn't a whole "new" world of tricks he was telling us about. If he would have looked up wraps in the moves section he would have realized this and posted differently. I'm all for a glowstick movie but am tired of arguing it, I'm sure if one of us enters the compitition, Malcolm will gladly put a part on the site. These are fair people and just because it's fire or glowsticks or just socks, if it looks good and it takes talent to do, I'm sure they'll post it. Eric

NaganootchAKA CLERIC
172 posts

Posted:
Oh,,, okie dokie then,, sorry fer jumpin down yer throught. :> )

We are defined by the choices we make

emptysetmember
98 posts

Posted:
i dunno myst i think i might have to challenge you as the most die hard glowsticker on the board, heheall in good, clean, light producing fun right------------------"I was sad, for I had no shoes. Then I met a man who had no feet"

Its all in good, clean, light producing fun.

Qmember
42 posts

Posted:
Narky, is that a word?If it is, can somebody tell me what it means?

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
Bring it emptyset! I eat math wiz's for breakfast. It's on. I'm just fuckin around, I bet you are a mare devoted glowstick spinner than me, only cause I spin fire as well now. Better treat that possition with some respect, or I'll be back.Eric :Crowns Emtyset:

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Ive been doing fire for a while now and only finally got up the courage to do a wrap the other day. Can someone please tell me which wraps(with fire) have the lowest danger aspect and also if there is any clothing that u shouldnt wear when doing fire wraps

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
well, if you look at pele's break down of things not to wear you should get a pretty good idea of what is good and isn't. i myself had a bad exp. with polyester last night. personally all wraps are pretty safe as long as you do them quick. my personal favorite clothing is military camoflauge clothes. they are very fire resistant. neck wraps are a little more dangerous of course, but done quick enough and maybe with some protection you should be alright.

anyone got a light?

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Q - a nark (the noun, in oz) is someone who informs police of goings ons.....To nark (the adjective) is to grass smileTo be narky (the verb) is to be a bit cranky, in the way that you'd expect a policeperson to tell you to stop doing something...Confused? grin

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
He called me "Narky", I'm comming for you now and theres nothing you can do about it. Saddle up men, we's a goin' huntin'. Narky, I know you are but what a thigh, chicken is good, I like the drumstix. Eric

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Myst, in Scotland we say "narky" but it needn't be to do with the aforementioned "copper's nark", just a bit "huffy".So stress not. smilep_g