Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > a neck wrap I personally have never seen... before now

Login/Join to Participate

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
Never seen this done and was wondering if anyone else can do it. I was playing around with neck wraps tonight and instead of the traditional, they don't really wrap and you tilt you head back wrap, I decided to actually wrap my neck with both glowsticks. anyways, holy shit, it worked, I went from a forward butterfly to a neck wrap to a backwards butterfly. It's just weird that I wrapped them around my neck like I was doing a butterfly leg wrap and I acctually pulled it off. Words can't explain how stoked I am. Seeing as I'v never seen this done or even heard of such a thing I felt like an inventer. I just used the same common sense as I did with the butterfly arm wrap, whichever wraped last must unwrap slightly before the other one. Well just curious if anyone can or has seen someone do this. I would love to know.Eric------------------If a nuclear bomb went off, we'de all be giant glowstix, think about it, spinning with your two best friends would have a whole new meaning.

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Myst,Please start using the search button under the post reply/ost new topic buttons.this particular thread was titles "can anyone neck wrap?"https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/000095.html------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
Thats what I did and nothing was really specific. Seeing as there are many different kinds of neck wraps I didn't know wether they were talking about a neck wrap that changes directions, or a neck wrap that would go the same direction. Sorry for that though, I'm still curious. You know what, just forget about it, erase it or something, it's not really worth feeling stupid for posting it again.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I thought it was a different wrap you were describing Myst you are doing the wrap that I think of when someone says neck wrap. I think the other thread is about the yo-yo style neck wrap which I just cant get my head around smileJosh

Dr.NoodleHeadBRONZE Member
170 posts

Posted:
Do you get them both to wrap at the same time or does each poi alternate? I'm just starting to try wraps and am a wee bit cagey about neck ones because I hate smacking myself in the face! Hmmm, back to those soft fluffy things again.... grinNoods

Fish are just like trees except they move and they're invisible

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
Same time, get it so you know which one wraped last and pull that one just a little(not even a second) before you pull the other one. EricI hope this helps a littlejust pretend its a leg wrap