Forums > Social Chat > The OFFICIAL Home of Poi Rollcall

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
With the continuing influx of new people (Big firey welcome to you all!) I guess it makes a lot of sense for us to have an official "getting to know you" type thread. smile Elders and Newbies alike, enter your details here and feel free to use/modify/disregard the format below:Name: flash fire (Sarah)Sex: female (remember, all possible smart responses to this question have already been done!)Age: 23Location: Sydney AustraliaURL: https://wickeffect.cjb.net/Toys:
all fire staff/double staff/double crossesBeen twirling for: about 4 yearsOccupation: corporate lackieHobbies other than obvious: reading, skiing, travelling, doofing, cruising in my Jeep!Favourite Colour: red Most viewed Movie: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory or The Doors.Favourite Quote/Saying: an ye harm none do as thou wilt.Best twirling related moment in life so far: I will have to think long and hard to answer.So, post away kiddies! and feel free to occasionally bump this thread to keep it at the top.flash------------------"she dances in a ring of fire and throws off the challenge with a shrug"[This message has been edited by flash fire (edited 29 June 2001).]

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

collinsc311SILVER Member
5 posts

Posted:
Name: Chris CollinsSex: maleAge: 25Location: Raleigh, NC, USA Toys: fire chainsBeen twirling for: 2 monthsOccupation: Pharmaceutical ChemistHobbies other than obvious: Sports, partying, hanging with friendsFavourite Colour: redMost viewed Movie: Fast and the FuriousFavourite Quote/Saying: Two raods diverged in a yellow wood and I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference.Best twirling related moment in life so far: Last night I busted my cherry and spun fire for the first time. I had been spinning the streaming poi for a couple of months, and had been itching for an opportunity. It becomes addictive like no other drug the second you hear the roaring of the flames as they rush past your head. Anyway, I only hit myself twice in the arm, no harm done.

If we were all affected by Pacman as children we would be sitting in dark rooms, munching pills, and listening to electronic music!

Fungimember
7 posts

Posted:
Name: Matt WindsorSex: maleAge: 21Location: Dunedin, New ZealandToys: an old metal broomstick, (ok so i am yet to get into any of the fire art,and although i want to learn poi as well, im gonna start off with the broomstick - i mean staff).Been twirling for: 2 weeksOccupation: Student studying Zoology and PhysicsHobbies other than obvious: tramping/mountaineering, surfing, mountain running/biking, music (play guitar, and i like most stuff that's not pop)Favourite Colour: if i have to choose, greenMost viewed Movie: either Ace Ventura Pet Detective or Forest GumpFavourite Quote/Saying: i'm a bit obsessed with quoting the simpsons, cause any moment in life can be related to an episode! other than that, i use one syllable words lots.Best twirling related moment in life so far: well what can i say... after twirling my broom handle around my room for two weeks i have had many! i guess i managed to smash my lightbulb all over my bed - and my flatmates found that quite amusing.

***peteSILVER Member
38 posts

Posted:
Name: Pete Sex: MaleAge: 17Location: Melbourne AustraliaHair Style: Mohawk that always changes color.Toys: all fire staff/double staff/poi/tye to do double poi/want fire swords and skipping rope.Been twirling for: since Melbourne Big Day Out 2001 Occupation: school kidHobbies other than obvious: Lacrosse/being a punk/all other circus stuff.Favourite Colour: Blue Most viewed Movie: Clerks/Mallrats/Chassing Amy/Dogma/Favourite Quote/Saying: i like food. food is good.Best twirling related moment in life so far: i just saw myself on the front page of a local paper twirling.

DaRk §aBeRmember
19 posts

Posted:
Name: Dark §aber(Jame§hepard)Sex: male Age: 17Email: isarangheyo@netzero.netLocation: FallbrookWho I Know: MYST & califreakToys: ilove photons /glows/glow poi/mewbie to fire poi/and MYST's zoonie poi too.Been twirling for: about 6 monthsOccupation: Student at Fallbrook HighHobbies other than obvious: Break Dancing and giving lightshows.Favourite Colour: GREENMost viewed Movie: Kids...anybody else see Kids?Favourite Quote/Saying: "It is not in the stars to hold our destiny, but in ourselves"-William Shakespeare

J…Mݧ §Hݞ…isarangheyo@netzero.net

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Name: Christina PrestonLocation: Sacramento, CAToys: fire poiAge: 18Hobbies: Traveling, Ren Faires,going to the ocean, festivals,camping, backpacking, drum circles, writing, herpetology, DANCING, overral desert rat Favorite color: RedFavorite Movies: Alegria, Run, Lola, Run, Priscilla queen of the desert, Lolita,Gia, Brokedown PalaceFavorite quote " When the love for eachother exceeds the need for one & another"

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
Name: Thistle (aka Debie, Pixie)Sex: FemaleAge 31Location: Nottingham, EnglandSunsign: Lovely LibraBeen firedancing 2 years. Performing for 1 year.Toys: Poi, glowsticks, stilts, fire eating/body burning, learning staff atm.Hobbies: raves, Travelling, Reading, pottery/arts & crafts and spending time with my dogs.Occupation(s): Personal Assistant for person with disability, firedancer in nightclubs, UV poi maker. Mother.Most Watched movie: Grease.Fave Books: Clive barker, Imagica & Anything by Phillippa Gregory & Dean Koontz.Fave colour: Pink, Pink, Pink! Seriously, I love pink. Purple is quite nice too.Best personality trait: Happy to help any1 any time to do anything. Best Poi-ing Experience: Summer Solstice 2001 @ Stonehenge.------------------Onelove,Thistlefirepixie smile[This message has been edited by Thistle (edited 12 October 2001).][This message has been edited by Thistle (edited 12 October 2001).][This message has been edited by Thistle (edited 04 December 2001).]

Are we nearly there yet?

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
name: Trevage: 23loc: seven hills sydneytwirling for: 4 monthstoys: fire poiocc: elec engineerig student + projectionist hob: raving, bushwalking, skydiving(when i can afford it... almost never),camping, astronomy, ice skating & roller blading.fav colour: red & bluefav movie:???fav Quotes\sayings: "why?" "the optimist claims we live in the best of all worlds, the pesimist fears this is true" J B Cabell.best twirl moment: first time I had a go in public.

alleykatmember
49 posts

Posted:
Name ~ MollyAlleyKatSex ~ grrrlAge ~ 22Location ~ BrooklynHobbies ~ Low/no budget theatre, books, food, dance, fingerpaintsDuration ~ 1st picked up a flaming staff 4 years ago, but only really since last springToys ~ poi, flaming and otherwise; staff, barelyBook ~ Where the Wild Things Are, by Maurice SendakPoets ~ Nikki Giovanni, e.e. cummings*Our grief is not a cry for war*

this little light of minei'm gonna let it shine...

DömAlterEgo
128 posts

Posted:
Name: Dominic (Dom)Sex: MaleAge: 26Star-sign: LibraLocation: London, UKURL: https://www.alternativa.co.uk/poi/Toys:
various Poi, Fire Poi, Staff (just starting staff!)Been twirling since: June/July 2001Occupation: new media whoreHobbies other than obvious: Reading, relaxing, partying, dancing, music, sleeping, experiencing lifeFavourite Books at the moment: The Magus, John Fowles and The Sparrow, Mary Doria RussellBest twirling related moment in life so far: Sober: My first spin with fire Otherwise: Spinning at dawn in the middle of Barcalona, on acid, with the Poi helping to form organic Gaudi-esque shapes in my mind. Wow![This message has been edited by Alternativa (edited 12 October 2001).]

We're nothing but the nerds they think we are

Draco Dominusmember
14 posts

Posted:
Name: Draco Dominus, The Keeper Of The Tallisman Of FireSex: MaleAge: Immortal, 20 years in this BodyLocation: Leicester, EnglandToys: Glo-sticks, anything that Burns.Hobbies: DJing, Dancing.Spinning for: `Bout 5/6 monthsFavourite animal: Dragons (D`oh)Favourite film: The CrowFavourite quote: "Mother is the name for God on the lips and hearts of every Child" - Eric Draven, The Crow. or: So, You finally found something worse than me, huh? - Richard B. Riddik, Pitck Black------------------Respect the flames, for from them emerges heat, and light, let this Light guide you, and this heat warm your heart, from fire comes Life.[This message has been edited by Draco Dominus (edited 12 October 2001).]

Respect the flames, for from them emerges heat, and light, let this Light guide you, and this heat warm your heart, from fire comes Life.

BongoCIHmember
16 posts

Posted:
Name : BongoCIH (Paul)Sex : GuyAge : 20Location : Newcastle, AustraliaToys : About 50 sets of practice poi, one set of 2x2.5" fire poi, flags, teatowels, mice (computer variety), anything that resembles a poi.How long ? : Since MarchOccupation : Student/Youth WorkerHobbies : Controlled Pyromania, Spinning, Web Design, Games (I'm Semi-Professional), Reading.Favourite movie/s : Tron, Sneakers, Starwars (All), The Matrix, The Net, Johnny Mnemonic, Gone in 60sec, Fast and Furious, AntiTrust, Hackers..Favourite book : Series called "Song of Albion" written by Stephen Lawhead, and most sci-fi you can pay $1 down at the local shop. Asimov is good though....Favourite music : I'm very particular about my taste in music, I like Weird Al Yankovic and songs which mean stuff to me.I enjoy spinning to worship music and see this as a new field in which to expand my skills....Favourite quotes : "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another" -Proverbs 27:17"We work in the dark, we do what we can,we give what we have,our doubt is our passion,and our passion is our task,all the rest is the madness of art..."Best Twirling related moment so far : First time I picked up the poi, and not freaking out by the heat, but enjoying the gentle whooshing sound.Another great moment was when I was spinning on the streets of Brazil and we had heaps of people stop and watch. This was the first time I did I slow spin to worship music....was a really powerful moment.Freakiest spinning moment:Did a spinning gig in a small club during a hardcore concert (in Brazil), the ceiling was about 6'6" and there was virtually no ventilation.We did the show, slipping and sliding around on the kero soaked dance floor, tears streaming from our eyes involuntarily from the kero fumes and trying not to hit the nylon curtain behind us or burn the crowd infront of us. As soon as the performance ended we headed straight to the open air... Was an interesting experience indeed..

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
*bump*

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Name: Bendy, Rhino (Ryan)Sex: maleAge: 23Location: Adelaide, AustraliaToys: fire poi, non-fire poi (can be joined to become meteor), staff and double staffBeen twirling for: poi 5 months, staff/doubles 2 weeksOccupation: Computer programmerHobbies other than obvious: reading, computing, doofing, mountain biking.Favourite Colours: orange and red Most viewed Movie: Star Wars trilogy, Indiana Jones trilogy, Back to the Future trilogy.Favourite Quote/Saying: Sometimes when I get up in the morning, I feel very peculiar. I feel like I've just got to bite a cat! I feel like if I don't bite a cat before sundown, I'll go crazy! But then I just take a deep breath and forget about it. That's what is known as real maturity. - SnoopyBest twirling related moment in life so far: The moment I decided to start.[This message has been edited by Bendy (edited 17 January 2002).]

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

Firefairymember
115 posts

Posted:
Name: Victoria, Vicky, Vics, Stick......From: UKHow my freinds would describe me: Peaceful, loyal (if i am always late), a trampBeen fire poi-ing for: 1 year Been staffing for; about 3 yrs but im shitBest fire moment; 1st performance - I dreaded performing but made myself do itInterests; self development, spirituality stuff, trees.Best smells; fires and newspapers

Wrenmember
33 posts

Posted:
Name: Wren, Javier, Jesse (take your pick)email: wrenhopper@hotmail.comAge: 19Sex: MaleLocation: Mt. Horeb (near Madison), WI (moo)Occupation: Teller/Student (Eventually an architect, I hope)Political Offiliation: GreenBeen twirling for: Uh, 1.5 weeks (just got my practice poi)Favorite Color: GreyFavorite Movies: American Beauty, Requiem for a Dream, North by NorthwestFavorite saying: I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul (Note: I am not a fan of T. McVeigh)Favorite Books: Animal Farm, The Land RemembersFavorite Musical Group: SublimeFavorite Food: Dirty RiceOk, I think I've given you enough information...

-WrenAnd that, my friends, is condensed evil.

cutie poi girliemember
237 posts

Posted:
Name cutie poi girlie (Alina)Sex Fage only 13...Location CornwallToys poi(getting some fire chains soon, woohoo, can't wait, etc.)Been twirling 1 and a 1/2 yrsOccupation schoolhobbies snakeboardingfave colour blackfave movie the beach

Luv peace 'n' chicken grease Al X x

Reesemember
6 posts

Posted:
Name: KatySex :Dude trapped in a female shellAge: 22Location: Virginia Beach VA-USAToys: Poi(just glowsticks til i stop whacking myself)Been Twirling For: just started a few days ago after one lesson at Pennsic in AugustOccupation: Bartender and student-teacherOther Hobbies: Singing,jamming on my guitars,dancing,contact juggling..anything else that amuses me!Favorite Movie: American Beauty..and i can't watch Moulin Rouge enough!Favorite Quote: "Art is why I get up in the morning"--Ani Difrancook..this is my first post so i hope it's aight! [This message has been edited by Reese (edited 21 October 2001).]

hexonlegsmember
12 posts

Posted:
Name: HEXLocation:Newcastle-Upon-Tyne,UKAge:NOWToys:Pyro & stiltsBeen spinning: 'bout 3 months and loving it, would love to learn meteorLoves: Climbing,Nintendo,Performing,Terry Pratchet

nexus_sunmember
47 posts

Posted:
Name: AshleySex: maleAge: old enough to know betterLocation: Bondi, Sydney, AuStarsign: AriesBeen firedancing 1 year. Performing for 1 year.Toys: Poi, glowsticks, staff, attempting double staff.Hobbies: bush doofs, travelling, creating.Occupation(s): what's that?Most Watched movie: star warts.Fave Books: Dancers at the end of time.Fave colour: Blue.Best personality trait: a balanced optimist. Best Poi-ing Experience: Bush doof summer 2000

Demonthesysmember
11 posts

Posted:
Name: Irwin (Like Erwin with an I)Sex: maleAge: 15Location: Walnut CreekPoi for about....uhhh....dunnoToys: HOP performance Poi...and Glowsticks...working way up 2 fire tho smileHobbies: Art, Computers,Fav movie: The MatrixFav Bandz: Sublime, Lousy Lovers www.lousylovers.net (Hey Scott)

In order to create apple pie, you must first create the universe.

LPHmember
20 posts

Posted:
Name-LPH(guy)Sex-maleage-24Location- Tel-Aviv ,Israeltoys -poi,staff and arubber duck winkgot the twirl bug - ayear ago in thailandOccupation -self employed (was thinking into starting acareer in origami )hobbies -reading , long walks on the beach ,candle lit dinners,bubble baths ...and if you choose me ,bachelor number 1 you'll recieve ...woops! i'm on the wrong thread stupid !! where was i ? ah yea .stars - in the sky sign - scorpioncolour-bluefav movie - monty python ...each and every 1 of them . winkfav Quote- 1."fuck it dude ,let's go bowling " , "and now for something completly different " .

wulffmember
79 posts

Posted:
Name: wulff (greg)Sex: maleAge: 21Location: San Antonio, TXURL: https://www.nytefyre.netToys:
glow poi, soon fire poi, staff, firestaff is next winkBeen twirling for: poi 6 mnths, staff 10 yrs (early preoccupation w/ TMNT)Occupation: isp techHobbies other than obvious: snowboarding, reading, writing, drawing, driving my celica, being a starbucks bum(and i hate coffee)Favourite Colour: black/crimson(depends if you count black)Most viewed Movie: HackersFavourite Quote/Saying: Fun Fun Silly WillyBest twirling related moment in life so far: being buzzed by this beautiful fire twirler named Aurora at KerrFest-------------Well helow to all of you. I've posted once or twice, but this is my official hello.JediMaster(or is it Masta): Atlantis, at the Asylum. This guy Ed and I plan on twirling there if you wanna join us. I met you a few weeks back at that really small party there. FYI-wulff

wulff

moniluxmember
3 posts

Posted:
My name is moniluxI am 47 and I like itI am (going to keep it clean here, you're all so young) female (very)Twirling for 4 monthsMy passions are the poi parrots smoking music dancing(and I really don,t care what u young ones think when u,r mothers get onto the dance floor) laughing the sun the ocean bikers!To earn a living I make crystal water features and clean fish tanksMy best poi moment, bar picking them up, was twirling for 20 minutes without wacking myselfAmbition: to be a busker!Best book: Stranger in a strange landMovie: The Matrix. InsignificanceQuote: Live like there's no tomorrow Love like you've never been hurt Dance like no-one is watching you!Life is a gift. Be well Be happy.

PlyflHartmember
7 posts

Posted:
Name: KCNick: PlyflHart :PSEX: boiAge: *sniffles* 19Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada Occupation: Massage therapy (student)Hobbies&Toys: Various Poi, lego, dancing, Fav Poi: Streemers (long gymnastic ribbons)URL: www.etard.ca/kclooking at me you woudlnt guess: Quote: "i'd rather be hated for something i am, than loved for something i'm not"

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Since we have to be registered users to post now...I think I'll bump this! smile(That and I was looking up how old someone is! grin)

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Name: Mark ParnellSex: MaleAge: 24Location: Bath, EnglandToys: Poi (fire) Wire Wool Cages (scary!) Staff (fire - new toy). Chemicals (pretty colours smile )Hobbies: Pyromaniac, climbing, mountain biking.Spinning for: 3 WeeksFavourite animal: LionFavourite film: The Matrix / Leon------------------Mark P (the mad chemist)

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Who were you looking up P?------------------C@ntus

Meh

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Actually, you and Charles, Cantus love... tongue------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I'm 27 and he's 26. You only had to ask.------------------C@ntus

Meh

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
Name: Kyle Pias (Whiffle Squeek is the name of a cat in a sailing shanty)Sex: MaleLocation: Waterford, Connecticut USAAge:16Toys: Mainly poi, some staffBeen Twirling: Uhhhhh, staff about a year, poi for about half a year, yet im better at poi for some odd reason, more flexible wrists than shoulders i guessOccupation: High School Student, LifeguardHobbies: Pokemon (go ahead laugh it up, but its an awesome game) Running( cross country, indoor track,outdoor track, and road races in the summer, its a year round thing) SculptingFavorite Quote: "Any idiot can piss on the floor, be a hero and sh!t on the ceiling"Most Viewd Movie: Better off DeadBest Twirling Moment: Standing on a little pedastal infront of my school at about 10 at night after a football game, under a flickering street light(which gave an awesome strobe effect as they were merely practice poi) with one of my best friends, waiting for a ride, it was just awesome

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Page: ......