Itsgottabmember
244 posts

Posted:
i would like to know the mind of 'Home of Poi'

if you are living with others and say you are in a bad mood do you sit in the louge/kitchen and let everyone know your in a mood, or do you go to your room or out until you are once again your normal self. how do you feel about others who bring their bad mood into the communal space?

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
guess it depends on the individual and the type of bad mood, also how close you are with the ppl u live with, what stuff is going on with them etc.

what i mean is like with a bad break up its always nice to have human contact someone to listen to you etc. at the same time sometimes you need space and should go somewhere private.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Agreed. Depends on the people and circumstances. Friends are there to slap you when your being stupid and pick up when you fall. So assuming they're good friends I'd only be dumping on them if I felt I need help and if I was being over-dramatic I'd expect a 'shut the fruitcake up and stop being so Stupid'

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

Tarriemember
17 posts

Posted:
I live with four people, one of whom is my best friend, two are very good friends and one is more of an accqauintance. If I'm pissed off I go in the living room and we all bitch together, if it's something more serious or mardy than just a general bitch i go into becky (my best friend)'s room and she talks to me about it. Its always a different judgement call, but if my mates are angry/upset and want to vent, I'll always listen.. I do it to them enough....!

Tarrie. Lonely but never alone. Alive but dead inside. Violently happy.

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
depends what/who the bad mood is about and how long it goes on for...

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
I find the best thing to do when a bad mood attack occurs, is to go outside and spin, spin, spin until the mood is gone!

It works really well as it relaxes me and takes my mind far away from my troubles!

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

shadow steppinofficial hop irken
401 posts

Posted:
i choose to deal with my problems alone. i dont like anyone feeling sorry for me or bringing up issues. i dont like the attention. if im visably bothered i try to hide out. every once in a blue moon if somthing is really horrible i tell my very best friend just to get it off my chest. he usually says exactly what i want to hear.

In my hands I hold your smile and in my heart it runs so wild You are the one you are unique I'm so in love you make me weak And the reason that I feel is like a shadow from a light so if you have the chance to be with me be my shadow in the night

Itsgottabmember
244 posts

Posted:
i was meaning those silent types who mope, just letting you know they sad but putting out the vibe 'don't talk to me'

Necrusmember
113 posts

Posted:
I do believe that the best person to solve my own problems is myself...I don't like pulling down the others when something bothers me or anything...

I hate it someone is under a situation and others' nerves...

Although oftenly bad mood seems to disappear when I talk with some friends,good friends,most of the times it gets back when I'm alone...So when I'm"dressed in black"I close up to myself and only...

Metal Rulezzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!

queen of wandsmember
127 posts

Posted:
Im not particularly close to the people I live with, I usually go to my room, put on a CD, have a cry, a spliff and perhaps phone up a friend or my mum if I feel like talking about it. It usually fixes my mood and Im back to my normal self the next day.

If the situaution is bad, I go back to my parents house in the country. Comfort food and the company of family and pets does wonders.

I'm not vegetarian, but currently I'm off my chops!

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
I don't talk about my moods with anyone and kind of resent it when other people inflict their misery on me. In the words of the great Black Box Recorder: "life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it."

Unless it involves bitching about people I don't like, then I'm all ears.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
If you are truly happy, then poeple can't inflict misery on you (within reason, not via kidnapping or turture).

You are completely responsible for your reaction to what other people do, so you are really inflicting misery on yourself by hating it when people unload near you...

But, that's just my opnion, of course...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
I live by myself so I can be in whatever mood I want and not bother anyone...

.:*even those funny dance in your living room in daggy pajamas where no one can see you kind of moods...hehe*:.

I tend to like to deal with things by myself...

But If I have something I need to say I'll probably say it...

I like sharing good moods with other people though... That feeling when your all smilie for no particular reason... It's nice to beable to share that with someone...

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
just say no to mopers.
tell them to either spit it out or b****r off- it really gets on my nerves when people are just sullen- I mean, if they've got a reason, at least let them explain themselves (even if its just an "i'll deal with it on my own, just please give me some time" type thing), if they're just wallowing in their own melancholy, then NO, force them to get over it somehow.
fairly harsh, but i've found it helps one way or another (they go away and deal with it, or let you help them, either way its better than moping).

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.

Kittytheravequeenmember
285 posts

Posted:
ill be the first to admit ive got quite a nasty temper and i also agree with bongo so i just got for a walk or hang out in my room till the mood swing passes and my friends always know that if its something serious ill tell them once im calmer and can guarentee i wont bite their head off or attempt to stab them!!

i'll draw you a picture ill draw it with a twist ill draw it with a razorblade ill draw it on my wrist and if i do it right a red fountain will appear washing away my sorrow washing away my fear

woodnymphmember
313 posts

Posted:
if u feel like talking but not feeling too positive u should be able to express yourself...it reallypisses me off when people don't want to hear it unless it's positive.Feelings are energy and change like the weather if allowed expression..

poipixiemember
53 posts

Posted:
this is something that ive been thinking about a fair bit lately. eight of my good friends were in a really bad accident a few weeks ago, one of them died and my best friend is still in hospital. I always thought before this that i was the sort of person who talks about their emotions rather than bottling it up but this time i find myself just holding it in and trying to pretend it hasnt happened. I guess it depends on the circumstances, 3 weeks ago i wouldve said i hate mopers but now i realise that sometimes its just harder to move on than we realise.

--*SaM*--