Forums > Social Chat > Fire Poi on Front page News

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
BlazeBRONZE Member
55 posts

Posted:
Last Night Cerberus and I were doing poi on the waterfront of Halifax and there must have been 10-20 people taking our pictures and we found out that the Daily News was there, and they got pictures and asked us a few questions! We were on the front page, I couldn't believe it!!! WE were so happy!! Plus the fact that this was our first public performance so, all in all I'd say it was an amazing experience and we are doing it again tomorrow night! Cheers!

You laugh at me because I am different, I laugh at you because you are all the same.

Me Like fire... hehe... he he... -, Me at the annual Busker Festival Downtown

DarkDevilmember
233 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Alumity:
It's so much fun spinning with you guys! I have to come out every time!
I hear ya, you guys made me feel like i was part of the circle instantly, and it was soooo much fun. I can't wait to spin fire.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is not a trick, this is a stunt. The difference between a stunt and a trick is that a trick is something that tricks or fools the audience, a stunt is something that only an idiot would do -Ivan, Ash Circle, 10/04/03

Flipmodiusmember
103 posts

Posted:
dark devil, you are part of the circle. hands down! i mean it is fire we love it. oh yeah our staff spinning friend bo has a great idea for halloween it is on my intro thread.

some will understand. -buddah

DarkDevilmember
233 posts

Posted:
Thanks man... Yea, i've heard about the halloween thing, theres a thread in the events forum, i'm definately gonna be going. I've got some friends how want to watch aswell. Also, i ordered 6feet of 2.5" kevlar yesterday from the shop... and i'm gonna look around for some soft nylon rope, the type they use to tie up boats, and i'm gonna start learning a little rope dart, and eventually get into rope dart, i hope i can do my first burn on that before halloween.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is not a trick, this is a stunt. The difference between a stunt and a trick is that a trick is something that tricks or fools the audience, a stunt is something that only an idiot would do -Ivan, Ash Circle, 10/04/03

Bobo DCLmember
141 posts

Posted:
Heya all! It is SUCH a great time hanging out with you all, it's SO much fun! Unfortunately I can't light up, but you all know I'll be there as much as possible, glowsticks in hand (or ON hand, as it turned out last time, lol). And Flip, man, you gotta teach me some of the stuff you can do with my staff. I don't get to practice enough, because it's just too big to practice in secret inside (shh... I DON'T practice my poi in the house when it's stricly not allowed... *whistles*)

Yeah, so I'm gonna go check the posts about Hallowe'en. If they haven't yet, can anyone check to see if Ivan and Rick is doing anything? I think they're gonna be busy, being Hallowe'en, and all, but it's worth a try. They might be able to give us some tips as to where we should go for a big crowd. I don't have their contact info, so if one of you guys (Demios, Alumity, Cerberus, or Jade) could do that for me... ^__^

I like orange.And don't take my cookies.

Bobo DCLmember
141 posts

Posted:
Okay, I'm in the process of procrastinating and will probably fail my french quiz AGAIN but I got the pic on the newspaper up! Here:

Poi on the Daily News

When HoP gives me my gallery in a few days, I'll put it there. ^__^

[ 25. September 2003, 12:04: Message edited by: Bobo DCL ]

NoveSILVER Member
Unremarkable
277 posts

Posted:
All I get is a 'Remote Access to this object forbidden' message when I click on it. Unless my computer is just messed up. Which it usually is... *rolls eyes*

Figured you might like to know because I'd really like to see this picture!

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

DarkDevilmember
233 posts

Posted:
When you reach the error page click on the urlbar and press enter, image should appear.

Bobo DCLmember
141 posts

Posted:
GAAH! I hate Brinkster, and you can quote me on that...

Let's try this THIS way...

https://www11.brinkster.com/dissolve/poi.on.daily.news.front.cover

You might have to copy and paste the URL into another window, but I just tried it, and it seems to work O.o'

I hate Brinkster... *shakes fist violently and threateningly*

EDIT: if and when you get the image up, the caption says this, incase you can't make it out:

"BURNING RING OF FIRE:
Leslie [blurred out last name] (shown) and friend and fellow performer Alycia [blurred, and actually in the background behind Leslie], both at Halifaz West High School, did some hot juggling last night on the Halifax waterfront. The duo decided to light up their act after performing dry runs for the past year."

Oh, FYI, comments in [] are by me. And the smaller circle is actually Lici/Blaze/ Jade ^__^

[ 25. September 2003, 15:06: Message edited by: Bobo DCL ]

Page: