Page:
tekknogurrlBRONZE Member
90 posts

Posted:
So has anyone else noticed that many ravers, after a while in the scene, begin to develop their own way of speaking that non-ravers can barely understand, and also have brought back many words that were dying out? For example:plur (peace love unity respect)bts (brooklyn street thugs)sketchy, shady (usually interchangeable)mad (as in "very")sketchin' out (drugged-up)battling (w/glowsticks or breakdancing)breakin' (breakdancing)ufo's (the rave pants of choice)spinning (as in "who's spinning tonight?")robo-tripping, candy-flipping (specific orders of taking certain drugs for a certain kind of high)rockin' (as in, "i was rockin' my new black ufo's that night")candy (as a noun: bracelets, necklaces, made of glowing beads, or as an adjective: candy raver/kid; a raver with a lot of beads, funky clothes/costumes and fuzzy things)liquid (a style of dance, often done with stixalong with these come our words to describe all the different types of techno (some of which aren't really different at all), such as house, progressive house, happy hardcore, drum n bass, trance, hard trance, progressive trance, etc. not many outside the rave scene have even HEARD of these types of music (at least in my experience).can you come up with any more? i know i've missed lots, and i'm sure some of you have terminology specific to your own locales smile

~K~No matter what you do, one billion Chinese won't care.

TriscalBRONZE Member
4 posts

Posted:
hmmm.... Doof... big one happening on the 20th....

/me starts to salavate

burningoftheclaveySILVER Member
lurking like a ninja with no camouflage..
926 posts

Posted:
yeah, if its outside in oz its a bush doof...sounds much better than an outdoor party....

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
"awwwhite innit bruv? me brock you up one time innit"
ubblol

honnestly, if you can understand what i just typed please let me know ubblol all the kids round here sound like that.

safe to the "T" bruv, me sweat it out big time

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
Let me see what this partee kid can remember.

Wig: a tab of "e"
Wigged Out:Some one on "e"
Spun: so high on illicite drugs that your not sure what to do with yourself.
Goof ballin':The mixture of heroin and crystal meth.
Scatter brained:Doing crystal meth and smokeing weed.
Power tripping:Takeing acid and meth or cocaine together.
Power rolling:Takeing "e" and meth or cocaine together.
K-hole:An overdose on Ketamine.
Orange:The feeling you get when comeing down from acid.
Skitzing or skitzed out: The edgy feeling you get from being up several days on crystal meth.Usualy asssociated with psychosis.
psychosis:When people have been up several days on crystal meth and they start thinking thing that aren't true or they see thing that aren't there or both.
Geeking out:The come down from cocaine or meth.
Head tripping:Messing with someone who is on acid to give them visuals.

Thats all I can think of for now.

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

Peanut butter... It fills the cracks of the soul! -Paul Blart-

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
You bins are chicken.... wink

translates

you kids are crazy ubblol

a mix of old and new Cockney
EDITED_BY: Mynci (1174568335)

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

FlamezBRONZE Member
56 posts

Posted:
 Written by: ravehead

don't theyhave something in south africa called "quito" (sp??)

it's a mix of zulu, africaans and english vocles mixed over rap/dance tunes???

It is called kwaito. Not close to rave at all.

Here in Cape Town SA we have raves and we have trance parties(outdoor mostly). The ravers and the trancies never use to sit round one fire when I started trancing, but nowadays is not worth going to a party.

Firstly the people try to stuff the drugs in your face - Not for me. And seccondly, when I started going to trances it was with my dad (real hippy by heart), I was about 9. It was only us "hippy's", new age old age, whatever. Entrance fee for the weekend was between R20 and R50. Nowadays it is between R150 and R200 or more!! That doesnt include anything except your entrance tag.

I'd rather go to the beach with my friends, play some Skazi or Infected Mushroom, and poi my heart out.

Mind you the fire perfomances at the trance parties are the only thing making it worth it.

I think all that I said in this post now was a bit offtopic

Anyway keep well, keep safe

PLUR

"My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely."

"Insanity is my only means of relaxation."

7,193 posts

Posted:
this is the point of "free partys" flamez

i got some good reading matterial for you.......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_party

wiki,much like errowid is your best friend wink

FlamezBRONZE Member
56 posts

Posted:
Yes ravehead thanx for the info.

I only meant that it wasnt what it used to be.
If you wanted drugs you went to one of the stalls, nowadays the litterely shove it in your face. To me that is not free, but each person has their own perspective.

Anyway, keep it real.

"My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely."

"Insanity is my only means of relaxation."

7,193 posts

Posted:
they dont tend to shove it in your face if you become a known face at partys, generally by such time you have a trusted supply and random sellers don't bother you.

Page: