PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
So I had this particularly horrible spinning weekend for some odd reason. I bonked myself alot more than normal and was very frusterated, then allowing the frustration to carry on the badness. Anyway, what made it better was this thing I do....I do the butterfly hug, to people who have never done fire. To explain to them what it is like for me is really hard. Where they hear it in mono I hear it in stereo. Where to them it is pretty circles to me it is strobe lights. So I have them stand with arms down at the side and I hug them while spinning. I did this at a party last night and people we transfixed, they also loved my spinning despite that I tangled once and bobbled once, but their faces when I do this are so great to see. Then I have had the pleasure of being there for a few peoples first burns or dealings with fire, be it poi or teaching breathing/eating and again the excitement is infectious, so no matter how badly I spin, like today was horrible, the excitement of the others with their first fire made it all worthwhile. Thanks to you guys..and you all know who you are, for making some of my worst moments be alright.I just love breaking these virgins in!!! smileI have also had the chance now to meet several people off of this board.yKat, Protie, pj, ShawnF, Linkohyrule, pyrocussion, chris@fireworks, peregrine, xestrel, galaxie, skichristian, nomad, girlfrommars, drizzi, pheonix, and n8...to name a few.None of us really live terribly close to one another, in fact I have travelled 8 hours for a meet...and I highly recommend this to anyone. I have enjoyed and learned much from everyone. There is such a respect and sense of fun that goes with this as well, not to mention that everyone has been not only friendly but genuinely nice. Some I have bonded with closely but I have learned from all of them. I haven't regretted one mile travelled or one night spent in a rainy tent wink.I am amazed at how two people who have never met can be so much alike...such as I met yKat last month and GFM today, but both are very similar in style, moves, and even personality it was really surprising. I am also amazed at how a bunch of absolute strangers can converge on a place and live so comfortably together, as if they had never not known one another, even for a short time. You people never stop impressing me...or earning my respect and adoration.Best to all and I can't wait to meet more of you. *yes, I am feeling sappy today, sorry*------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...[This message has been edited by Pele (edited 04 June 2001).]

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
There is a list I keep of particularly memorable moments in my life, special days, songs, etc.Meeting you was defiantely a welcome addition to my list. smile------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Girl From Marsmember
168 posts

Posted:
i enjoyed meeting and hanging out with you, mark and noah. i hope we can do it again sometime in the future. maybe at night sometime. it was a great experience and i hope to meet as many of the hop-ers as possible. PLUR.------------------the music feeds my soul that glows and grows with every spin i take.

the music feeds my soul that glows and grows with every spin i take.