Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > What are your poi aspirations for the New Year?

Login/Join to Participate

droidBRONZE Member
stranger
19 posts

Posted:
The beginning of 2012 will mark my 6 month poi anniversary and I feel like I haven't even found the surface, let alone scratched it.

My primary goals for the New Year are to maintain discipline in my practice and play, to enthusiastically explore areas which I find most challenging, to connect with the local poi community, and to bring joy and beauty to the world through my play.

What are your aspirations, goals, hopes, and dreams for your poi play in the New Year?

neonrazeSILVER Member
I don't do boredom.
20 posts

Posted:
I have a chart grin which is nerdy, but the local festival is in October and I've decided to perform which means I'm making myself learn a new move every week in order to get ready.
It gives me a deadline and a goal to work towards, which really help me to stay focused. Hence, the chart.
I'm totally looking forward to this year! grin

droidBRONZE Member
stranger
19 posts

Posted:
Loving the enthusiasm! grin That's awesome that you have a festival to set your sights on and prepare for. Do you have particular patterns/moves mapped out on your chart for each week or is it a any 1 per week deal? You're going to kill it at that festie! grin

Robblsstranger
3 posts

Posted:
A 747 was halfway across the Atlantic when the captain got on the loud speaker, "Attention, passengers. We have lost one of our engines, but we can certainly reach London with the three we have left. Unfortunately, we will arrive an hour late as a r esult." https://www.mmolive.com

Shortly thereafter, the passengers heard the captain's voice again, "Guess what, folks. We just lost our third engine, but please be assured we can fly with only one. We will now arrive in London three hours late." https://www.mmohome.com/gold/Guild-Wars-2-US.html

At this point, one passenger became furious. "For Pete's sake," he shouted, "If we lose another engine, we'll be up here all night!" https://www.mmohome.com

iSp1nF1reBRONZE Member
Alcoholic FlowMaster
17 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: neonrazeI have a chart grin which is nerdy, but the local festival is in October and I've decided to perform which means I'm making myself learn a new move every week in order to get ready.
It gives me a deadline and a goal to work towards, which really help me to stay focused. Hence, the chart.
I'm totally looking forward to this year! grin

thats a fuckin awesome idea. what move are you learning this week? i totally need to do this but my motivation plummeted since i started learning to spin in two different planes at the same time i.e. 3D

Liquid and Fire is a beautifully breathtaking combination