thirteenBRONZE Member
The Death Card
195 posts

Posted:
I'm about ready to learn hyperloops and orbitals. I can do air wraps very easily (at least in one direction - I'm so-so with the left poi on top, but I'm practicing). I've started by doing an air wrap on the right side of my body, bringing it in front and over to the left side, and allowing the poi to unwrap. after that feels comfortable I will start doing real hyperloops, I think - any tips for when I get to that point? or anything at all you'd like to share about learning and/or pulling off hyperloops and orbitals?

really excited, I've been so lazy with new moves lately because I've been perfecting my stalls and stall combinations, so it'll be fun to learn something new - and something that really is a crowd-pleaser, too.

EDITED_BY: thirteen (1311354739)

The dawn has come
And the wine will run
And the song must be sung
And the flowers are melting
In the sun

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Less of a crowdpleaser than you might think (maybe orbitals, I have not bothered to try and learn them), but still cool to know.

I learned this by brute forcing it very early on, so sadly can not really add much of value.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

fire&dreadsrbadSILVER Member
not a stranger
26 posts

Posted:
the way i do it is same direction split time on your wall plane ok the best way i can tell u is if your left handed like i am take your left poi when it is coming back down and pretty much try to catch the right poi with the left and move your body back to the left. this will cause them to shift from wall to wheel when u see that they are even (one up one down) give them a nice little tug and let them spin till it feels like they r going to stop and give them another nice tug this will keep the poi spinning its just one of those tricks that u think it will never work the one day it will just click. now and i throw the safty issue towards u , if your going to try this while your dowing a burn make sure that there is no access fuel in the heads cause it can throw the fuel in your eyes and it hurts really really bad and its super hard to get your poi off your hands with your eyes closed even with your safty helping out ok lol thats all about that but just dont give up on it and once u get that try doing isolation orbitals hope this might help a little and happy spinning

"you must burn to learn"

thirteenBRONZE Member
The Death Card
195 posts

Posted:
ok thanks. that helps. I can tell this is going to take a while but I'm getting better. I can't really do an orbital yet but I can at least get them to spin for a little while longer each day before they come undone.

with the orbital, as I understand it, you don't necessarily try to pull them apart - it's just a quick tug that gets them going, correct?

The dawn has come
And the wine will run
In the sun

astonSILVER Member
4,061 posts

Posted:
@fire&dreads: Dude.... Paragraphs some?

@13: Been analysing these a little for you. I think if you can take an airwrap from in front of you to behind you, (in effect from one side of your body to another) you will be most of the way there. After that you just need to figure out the timing to get an extra spin on the inside.

fire&dreadsrbadSILVER Member
not a stranger
26 posts

Posted:
lol ashton i know u love reading my poor grammer.

"you must burn to learn"

astonSILVER Member
4,061 posts

Posted:
Eh, the grammar and spelling I can live with. Wall of text is just difficult to read. Also, there are a fair few people on here who are not native English-speakers, so keeping things reasonably well-spelled and such is helpful from that regard. But yeah, can not force you to change. smile

thirteenBRONZE Member
The Death Card
195 posts

Posted:
thanks aston. that is helping. I still have a long ways to go but I understand how they work now. although I will say that I miss the old days, when knowing how a move worked was all you needed to pull it off. the instant gratification of beginner poi was a wonderful thing indeed.

anyway, back to practice! at least this cube farm I work in is ok with my poi habit.

The dawn has come
And the wine will run
In the sun

thirteenBRONZE Member
The Death Card
195 posts

Posted:
GOT IT!!!!!

wow, that was... less difficult than I would have thought. now to perfect them with chain poi. thanks for your help, HoP!

The dawn has come
And the wine will run
In the sun

astonSILVER Member
4,061 posts

Posted:
It (my advice) actually helped? Wow. tongue2

Nice going though.

thirteenBRONZE Member
The Death Card
195 posts

Posted:
the aston is helpful, you heard it here first folks

The dawn has come
And the wine will run
In the sun

Nicholas_ShifleyGOLD Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
to comment on an easy entrance to an orbital that I stumbled upon in my theory is through a weave pattern. If you can bust out an air wrap on command, it's pretty easy and has sort of that "Hand of God" effect where the crowd is left thinking "WTF?" I don't know, it's something to try.

I am mainly posting on this forum, however, to see if anyone has a good method to exit an orbital/hyperloop. I have no problem getting into them really, it's the ending where it gets muddy. You know that part where it's just your wicks being held together by each other? yeah, that's my dilemma. I have tried a series of arm and hand motions combined with stalls to have a smooth exit transition (at least the successful attempts I HAVE made), but they all seem to just get tangled through the vast majority of my attempts. any suggestions?

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Practice.

Another thing you can do is use the wicks locking together and do a point isolation around the point so it looks like you meant to do it!

Potatoes.

hug

xsnoopxstranger
1 post

Posted:
Hello everyone I am new to this forum. Please advise me.

weebitstranger
5 posts

Posted:
This trick was very easy to learn for me because, there's a yoyo trick that is exactly like orbitals. But it still took me a bit of practice.

"I need string nao."