Forums > Social Discussion > Where to purchase kero in Brisbane QLD (australia)

Login/Join to Participate

pinkbitsstranger
1 post

Posted:
Hi there,

I've recently started mucking about with some poi and noticed that Kerosene is pretty scarce now, and bloody expensive from Bunnings.

I've found one place at Brendale that pumps kero, but that's at $2.70/L.

I was hoping to get it cheaper, anyone have any hints?

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
here's a good tip - DON'T BUY KERO!!!!!!!!! eek please! grin

seriously - it's evil - smokey, smelly, dirty & so bad for your poor lungs (even if you get the deodorised stuff)! hug & i can't believe it's getting up to that price...it sounds like it may actually be getting cheaper to buy firesol or d60! firesol & d60 is better anyway cos it's cleaner, hardly smells or smokes, has a higher flashpoint (takes a little longer to light up...not necessarily a bad thing), & burns at a lower temperature. take it from someone who switched from kero after getting an eyeful of the stuff...there are much better alternatives!!

sorry if i scared you or sounded ranty...i just remember how much i hated using kero!! tongue2

as for where to buy that firesol or d60: gooble warming in west end is closing down soon, but you can still buy firesol there. or there's threeworlds near roma street station in the city (& they're also on the gold coast). & if they don't have any, they should be able to tell you where to buy! grin

if you're new to spinning...have you heard about juggle jam??? you should totally come! grin it's a non-fire meet, but great to meet other spinners & learn some new stuff! weavesmiley it's every monday from 7pm-ish at the south bank piazza (or the busker's pitch if the piazza is closed!) here's a link to that thread! [Old link] grin

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
is D60 the same as shelsol?

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
CAn't answer Mr.M's question but can totally side Gita in her .... speech regarding Kerosene. That stuff made me stop spinning fire. Now the mere smell (after a decade++ of ab/use) repels me so much, I hardly go to fire jams anymore.

If you love yourself, spinning fire & the environment (and if you got the chance) follow Gitas advice hug

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

fire&dreadsrbadSILVER Member
not a stranger
26 posts

Posted:
i can tell u what the group i spin with uses but u might not be able to get it outside the u s a. coleman camping fuel it burn so great it has a low flash point so it starts fast and the flames r always nice.as far as burn time it depends on how long u soak them and how aggressive u spin off but its usually about 5 to 6 mins which is long enough when its over 90F outside but tu can get it at walmart and its about $10.00usd a gallon and u can usually get about 20 to 30 burns out of it.another awesome thing about it no smoke which is awesome cause im sure u guys know what it feels like to pull a hyper loop and get smoke in your eyes

"you must burn to learn"

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
majestik - hi! grin wave & shelsol is i'm guessing something like shellite, & shellite has a ridiculously low flashpoint...whereas you can actually drop a burning poi into a bucket of d60 & it'll just go out smile do that with shellite & it'll likely explode! shocked

pinkbits, i'd suss out threeworlds smile they have heaps of fun stuff! & firesol/d60 grin

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

Kayleigh_DunneSILVER Member
Always Learning
14 posts

Posted:
ARGHH now im confused! i did a lot of research and came to the conclusion that kerosene was the healthiest option of the lot.. now i dont know frown d60/colemans PLEASE give me a few more pros and cons on each!!! Desperate to spark up but not until i feel safe with fuel. xXx

xXx Kayleigh xXx