Forums > Social Chat > Shout it from the rooftops

Login/Join to Participate
LMSPBRONZE Member
veteran
1,588 posts

Posted:
If there is anything you want to shout from the rooftops but dont have a ladder, then this is for YOU! (plus it is a lot safer than climbing on top of a building)

Seaspraystranger by the day
924 posts

Posted:
I love being mature for my age... it makes impressing people like possible future landlords so very easy

Just a dancer in the dark

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
Fml my Toroflux came and a couple of the loops are interlocked and because it's connected at both ends i can't get it out. The flow wand is amazing though.

Also... Yesterday after work we packed and went up to our cottage up at the tip of the thumb. 3 miles from the cottage, my dad gets a call. The freezer is broken at work. We unpack, spend a couple hours at the cottage, go to bed, wake up and my dad says, "Got bad news we gotta go back." So I got to ride all the way back. Unload everything into the restaurant, and stuff the van completely full with lots and lots of heavy boxes of mostly, frozen soup. Drive to another Zoup, unload all of it into their freezer, go back to my dad's and load the car back up with our stuff and go back home and unload it again. And i'm missing the Caseville fireworks and performing publicly. Oh and I got to go on the piping hot roof of the strip mall to look at the refrigeration unit. And I'm sure all the wasps up there were very happy to see me.

Now I get home to the first reported defected Toroflux. Now people, tell me your [censored] day was worse. Come one I want to hear it, what happened to you? I can only think of a few things.
EDITED_BY: SpinnerofDetroit (1278202079)

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

924 posts

Posted:
Work your arse off for most the day, only to be told you're doing a crap job and should go home?

Thus not only have I worked my arse off and am exhausted, but I stink of dish sanitiser/diluted ketchup and am going to be paid less for today than I hoped

WoodlandAppleBRONZE Member
addict
474 posts

Posted:
THe octopus is right again!

octopus predicts the winnerof the world cup

sticks and stones my break my bones, but ski patrol will save me.

2,280 posts

Posted:
@Seaspray
I know what you mean there. That has happened to me more than once, especially when MY dad is my boss and seriously, "Ok, I get it, work faster, work harder." How? I speed everything through, they ask me to do something, I'm on it asap or already have it done. I get paid the least and work the least hours because the others get all the hours. They complain about how much they work to me when they ask for the hours and I often go an entire week with no hours. My dad flips whenever I spend my money when he already decides how much money I can take out and use. I use nothing else and he yells at me and lectures me how I spend too much money because I spent $100... after saving $10-20 a week for at least a month and a half.

Chloe'GOLD Member
enthusiast
324 posts

Posted:
Going to finally go shoot off a butt load of fireworks in a few hours!

Listen to Your heartbeat and dance...

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
I am apparently among the top tier tech spinners in Seattle (when not on video, apparently), and this from people I trust to know.. And I haven't even hit my one year mark. Even if it's not true, I am flattered that the people I spin with think so highly of my skill. Poi is really the first thing I've put a lot of passion into that I seem to be good at and recognized for, so I'm a little choked up at some of the compliments I've received lately.

The right thing to do is to thank Marissa for introducing me to poi; my spin jam mates for creating an environment where we can enable and challenge one another (special thanks to Atacan and Ian for melting my brain frequently); inspiring performers like Jon, Ronan, Nevisoul, Rastaxel, and G; and you folks here for continually inspiring me to stay crazy, nerdy, and obsessive about this amazing art form.

Much love!

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

Icarus FordeBRONZE Member
Just Icarus//Spinner//Pyro//Geek
261 posts

Posted:
*stretches* Alright day at work today. General conclusion around the office is that the company our website is run/hosted with is useless.

The boss ended up swearing (fluently) in several different languages at the compant that handles all the net stuff. It was qutie impressive to watch, counted at least four languages, possibly more.

924 posts

Posted:
got the boot at work, but you know what? Sod 'em. Means I have the time to enjoy the rest of the month here and then can go home and enjoy being back there

EDIT: Also, no stinky dish washing smell!!!
EDITED_BY: Seaspray (1278342615)

2,280 posts

Posted:
Glowstringing at fireworks is fun. especially when someone buys one of my glowstrings, just one lol, for $5 when it cost me like 2. So congradulations they have 2 dead glowsticks and a shoestring.

brenonfire413SILVER Member
Fire Spinner Exarch
514 posts

Posted:
Plans are in the works to do something that has, as far as I believe, never been done before. Maybe ever. This will take upwards of several months to perfect but it will be epic. I will say no more for now, but until then wait everyone....

"Are you sure it's safe to drink bleach?"
"Yes, bleach is 90% water, we are 90% water, therefore: we are bleach."
-Nathan Explosion, Metalocalypse

2,280 posts

Posted:
I could not be any happier right now. If any of you remember from before, there is a girl that lives an hour away from me that dumped me for someone at her school. They decided they just wanted to be friends and I asked her out and we're going out again grin I have missed her so much I can't wait to see her again smile

Icarus FordeBRONZE Member
Just Icarus//Spinner//Pyro//Geek
261 posts

Posted:
Nice. ^_^

Chloe'GOLD Member
enthusiast
324 posts

Posted:
Good for you SoD.

Listen to Your heartbeat and dance...

2,280 posts

Posted:
And it's ended. She said she couldn't do it, she's still in love with someone else and she belongs with him smirk

EpitomeOfNoviceGOLD Member
Putting the "FUN" in fundamental since 1981
787 posts

Posted:
^^^

"Just say NO!!!"

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

(All you RLers this is epitome_of_lame *waves hello*)

2,280 posts

Posted:
Actually she just told me the real reson, it's because everytime she forms an attatchment with someone she loses them, andshe get hurt, and she didnt want it to happen again. So it looks like i'm giving advice now on how to deal with heartbreak because she's worried about when we would eventually break up. She's still a friend and I guess I gotta help.

MicroweBRONZE Member
Spin. Eat. Sleep. Rinse, Repeat.
24 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: SpinnerofDetroitActually she just told me the real reson, it's because everytime she forms an attatchment with someone she loses them, andshe get hurt, and she didnt want it to happen again. So it looks like i'm giving advice now on how to deal with heartbreak because she's worried about when we would eventually break up. She's still a friend and I guess I gotta help.

Chivalry for the win.

"There's an inverse relationship between how good something is for you, and how much fun it is."
"Idiocy is the essence of the male mind."
"Interesting. No, wait, the other thing...Tedious."

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
We LOVE you DJ Tiesto! We will always celebrate your life!

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

triptricianSILVER Member
UFO Spotting
350 posts

Posted:
wtf a post like that has someone thinking the best DJ in the world is dead...please tell me it aint so refuge

would rather have a bottle-in-front-of-me than a frontal lobotomy

"The dangers of life are infinate and among them is safety"(geothe)

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
https://dj.tiesto.swellserver.com/news/top_stories/auto80.php

I sincerely pray this is a hoax! This ruins my year!
EDITED_BY: Refuge Crew (1278478140)

triptricianSILVER Member
UFO Spotting
350 posts

Posted:
DITTO to refuge's post. We will celebrate your life and your genius. Rest In Peace Tiesto

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Whew! It's a hoax look at the date on the story! I panic at Tiesto's harm. They should find a way to make him live FOREVER!

I almost cried!

triptricianSILVER Member
UFO Spotting
350 posts

Posted:
me too i am trying to validate the source

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
https://fakeawish.com/

These bastards! UGH!

triptricianSILVER Member
UFO Spotting
350 posts

Posted:
yeah i just found out via yahoo answers it was fake as well arseholes

now i am dancing 4 (tiesto's) life ;p

787 posts

Posted:
C'mon y'all, the "Tiesto is dead!" hoax is an annual event that happens almost every summer... tongue2

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

787 posts

Posted:
ZOMG I'm in so much pain!!! If I think any poi moves are going to dislocate digits or damage sockets I'm not going to care and do more advanced things that are safe for my aging (and previously repeatedly injured) body!!!

As soon as my fingers no longer look mangled and joints no longer look swollen I'll go back to using my better judgment...

Ouchie!!! ooooops

~Rock on!~

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
You should see the 8x3" bruise on my upper arm from messing up rope dart elbow shots. I could swear I never used to discolor that easily...

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

2,280 posts

Posted:
What did you do to yourself? Also I just got back from my first drum circle smile They have it every Wednesday at this place called the Golden Gate Cafe in Detroit. We were driving around trying to find where to go to because it's on a corner and all of the sudden it's just like OH MY GOD! THERE IT IS! You see a million parked cars, a fire a bunch of people drumming and a ridiculous yellow house with all there weird junk sculptures and a big willow tree. Best time I've had in a long time laugh3 I'm wondering if my parents will let me go again, my mom thinks she got a contact buzz from all the smoking. I hope the few really weird people don't change the answer.