Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Holding the Poi issues...Ive recently just got

Login/Join to Participate

Stacie_HarrodBRONZE Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
Hi I've recently just got my first set of sock poi and have no idea how to hold them. I looked on the "How To" part if this website and the diagrams looked nothing like what I have. Mine are sock poi and there is no little loop bits to secure onto your fingers....HELP???

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I tied a big knot at the end where I wanted to hold it so it's like a big knob.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

meshunderlayBRONZE Member
Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
I usually just hold the top bit in my palm and wrap it around a finger or two and grip it between my thumb and pointer.

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
really anyway you can hold it that doesnt obstruct the poi from spinning will work

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
I tend to use long socks and wrap them around my hand, as well. It's closest to how I hold my non-sock poi anyway. I've also seen people stick a bouncy ball in the sock between two knots for a knob grip, or just sew on finger loops (I have a pair where I sewed part of the sock itself into a single loop).

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Sister Eleven (I have a pair where I sewed part of the sock itself into a single loop).

That's what I did with my first pair - my arms are short so I had plenty of spare length.

Knobs are better if you want to do throws, I find loops better if I'm going to spin alot because I can relax my hand some of the time.