isowlestranger
1 post

Posted:

I am Isaiah Sowle Price from America's Got Talent and I would really like to see the best Poi Videos in America. I would like to see a tape of your performance to show my producers here at AGT so that we might be able to get you on the show.

If you could please send me some youtube links and your contact information to

isaiahagt@gmail.com

I would love to get you and your crew (if you have one) seen.

America needs big, amazing fire so please show me what you got in 90s. Feel free to be as creative as possible. If you know any other performers feel free to pass my information along.

I am really excited to see your video,

Isaiah Sowle Price
isaiahagt@gmail.com

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I'm so in grin

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
psh dont do it man, they're desperate for unpaid performers to degrade live on tv to fill their own pockets. if they really wanted to see talent they would pay performers.

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

2,280 posts

Posted:
Still, I'm gonna go ahead an admit that I think I'd enjoy the benefits of being shown on national television. Also from the last video they showed, it disgusts me to have something like that representing poi spinners. I feel kind of obligated to show what someone my age is actually capable of. Also, social benefits aren't bad either and I think anyone can at least agree with that laugh3
Another thing, they pay for you to travel across the country to go there? Not something I get to do every day you know wink especially with a handicapped mother and not exactly being very wealthy. However you view it, it's just something I want to do smile If you want to support me great, if not, I'm ok with that too because I trust you guys wont be shooting me down for it cause you're pretty much all great people hug

brenonfire413SILVER Member
Fire Spinner Exarch
514 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Mr Majestik desperate for unpaid performers to degrade live on tv to fill their own pockets
Desperation, degradation and corporate greed? Sounds perfect!

"Are you sure it's safe to drink bleach?"
"Yes, bleach is 90% water, we are 90% water, therefore: we are bleach."
-Nathan Explosion, Metalocalypse

meshunderlayBRONZE Member
Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: SpinnerofDetroitIf you want to support me great, if not, I'm ok with that too because I trust you guys wont be shooting me down for it cause you're pretty much all great people hug

I'll stand behind you all the way, though I won't stand behind them. *shrug*

Travel, exposure, new experiences? I'm fine with all of that, but I have heard from plenty of performers similar things to what was already said.

If you do get on though, let us know so we can watch for you. ^_^

JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

Posted:
@ SoD

First of all it's your life so absolutely your choices. Furthermore it sounds like you have a reasonable idea of what you're in for and the benefits are worthwhile for you, so go for it and good luck to you. smile

You're great with the poi, I hope they'll realise it but if they don't remember that the producers are looking for blood to go with their circus and don't let them get to you.

richiiStick spinner
43 posts

Posted:
Good luck this sounds like it could be a really good oportunity for you. Just make sure you read the contracts they give you really carefully. Wishing you good luck with it. Hopefully it might raise the public profile of flow arts bringing new spinners into the community we have.

2,280 posts

Posted:
Thanks guys for standing behind me smile And if I can't understand their contracts I'll just have my uncle interpret it since he's a lawyer wink

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Go for it bud.

I've always been tempted by going on Britains got Talent. The only thing thats stopped me is not being anywhere near good enough.

I've always wondered why you never see any spinners... but I guess some of the attitudes on this thread goes to show why you don't.

Make us proud, guy.

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

CalibudGOLD Member
φωτιά
49 posts

Posted:
Google search of the name and email.

https://tribes.tribe.net/d6b6e8ee-89b1-44...5a-4ab394fec799

https://tribes.tribe.net/alchemyfestival/thread/8d9327ee-952a-4462-84d8-7b48c5c209f7

Never really considered myself a "burner" more of a fire dancer or spinner. As for the what ever show on whatever station. 1. Don't get your hopes up. 2. One of the articles says "what can you do in 90 seconds". (That being said I wouldn't sell yourself, the art of poi, or any other contributing factor to the ART of Fire Performing short, by conforming to a minute and a half performance.)

I am one for believing that a Fire Performance is more of a thing you should experience than record, share... etc. That is just me though.
EDITED_BY: Calibud (1296071386)
EDIT_REASON: because spullin is evrathan

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
good luck smile

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

2,280 posts

Posted:
That's why I'm doing it instead of letting something like this be it again.

I think of myself as pretty worthy of the place, especially because the best of the best aren't ones to be doing this. I feel like I'd be doing a justice by showing myself, but still I am by no means one of the best there is. And if I'm elite? I wouldn't say so, but that varies from person to person, plenty of people do see me as that, plenty of people don't. Most of you guys here probably don't see me as that cause you know and some are what I consider elite.

10,530 posts

Posted:
\dude... it takes years to be l337. C'mon man...

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: SpinnerofDetroitThat's why I'm doing it instead of letting something like this be it again.

Oh dear.

Given the right choreography one can do a routine that has panache and will entertain and amaze the lay public even with fairly basic moves, but that isn't it.

I think you're pretty good, certainly good enough that a non-poi audience won't be able to criticise you on technique. I reckon how you go in the competition will depend on what they're after and how dramatic / cute the competition is; this could be a good opportunity to think about what pleases a lay audience rather than a poi tech one.

2,280 posts

Posted:
This is what I work on smile If you haven't noticed, I'm not exactly a tech-focused spinner. Not to say I don't do some tech.

And @FRD: What are you commenting on? nowhere in there did I say i consider myself that way and I don't want to be by you guys cause I don't deserve it. I'd rather show the people who think I am what real 1337 is before they call me that grin

Of course most non-spinners see anyone doing poi and they could be that crappy kid and they go OMG 1337 1337 1333333337!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1337 ALERT! laugh3

10,530 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: SpinnerofDetroit
Of course most non-spinners see anyone doing poi and they could be that crappy kid and they go OMG 1337 1337 1333333337!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1337 ALERT! laugh3

Yes and no. You can't totally suck. But yeah, Fwirling should pretty much be a license to get laid.

For the record though, staff is l337er than poi ;P

Scuse the l337 allegations though. I can be a grumpy, snidey so and so sometimes.

You emailed the guy yet?

2,280 posts

Posted:
Yeah I think they're using this video. Other than a small crotch fire, it's a lot better than the other. Btw it's an unlisted vid, so anyone who wants to watch it needs the link. If the vid embedding doesnt work, here:

Tell me what you guys think.

JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

Posted:
Very flow, except for the threatening bit. I was glad to see the extra fire went out pretty quickly. Did you know it was there while you were spinning???

(I'd have been rolling in the snow to put it out if I did, and I iz gurl eek)

brenonfire413SILVER Member
Fire Spinner Exarch
514 posts

Posted:
@SoD Have you tried contacting the OP yet or are you still deciding? I say go for it if you really want it and think that you and the fire community as a whole might benefit from the exposure. Just make sure not to sign a contract on anything that sounds slightly shady or confusing but potentially bad. Whether or not it works out or falls through, it will still be a life experience on the entertainment industry.

"Are you sure it's safe to drink bleach?"
"Yes, bleach is 90% water, we are 90% water, therefore: we are bleach."
-Nathan Explosion, Metalocalypse