Forums > Help! > 2,0mm oval twist welded chain

Login/Join to Participate

stano3bGOLD Member
journeyman
59 posts

Posted:
heya,

guys, do you know any shop in Europe I could get 2,0 mm oval twist chain? Sure it has to be welded for a safe spin. There are many shops offering 2,4 mm ones but they are WAY too heavy for me (no, im not that weak...I just get wrist pain after a spin from the weight) and my wife as well. We have tried 2,0 mm dog chains but they arent welded and I noticed thet the eyes get opened after some time... (scary)

We are located in Slovakia (Eastern Europe) and dont want to pay hundreads for shipping from USA etc.

Also...the chain MUST be good for orbitals...thats why we sent back the 2,0 mm chains we got here on Hop some time ago

thanks so much

Stan and Jane

EDITED_BY: stano3b (1291026415)

...can you speak poi?

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I'm not sure how the hipping is from FireMecca, but their 2mm chain is decent for orbitals. It does take a bit of technique to do it though. Still much better than HoP's old 2mm chain

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

stano3bGOLD Member
journeyman
59 posts

Posted:
the postage is $100 and I havent found any other shop offering the 2.0 mm chain.
anyone out there using the kind of chain im looking for?

...can you speak poi?

2,280 posts

Posted:
I know the chain from Salza is extremely good, though it isn't oval twist. It's the best for orbitals and the lightest I've used.

stano3bGOLD Member
journeyman
59 posts

Posted:
Ive had that/simillar kind of chain but its not what im looking for. It also hurts when doing spirals.
It must be oval twist...

Im willing to pay somebody through the paypal in advance if you can get the chain for me and send it to my address...promise!

...can you speak poi?

zoostranger
4 posts

Posted:
have you tried looking at dog collar chains from local pet shops, ive seen it recomended by a few people.

2,280 posts

Posted:
I know a lot of people that use dog chain, but it's short and always much thicker than 2mm.

stano3bGOLD Member
journeyman
59 posts

Posted:
Ive used dog chains but none of them is welded. with 2,4 mm its not an issue cos its strong...2,0 chain is light but not strong enough. I now have one on my fire poi but the eyes are getting open while spinning and i wouldnt like to set sth or sb on fire...

...can you speak poi?

zoostranger
4 posts

Posted:
you can get 2mm dog collar chain up to 20" it looks like. Im not sure how long of a chain you need. found this one here. I had found them cheaper but for the life of me cant find the site again.

https://www.thepetstoreonline.com/hsstchc...ap=hsstchchco20

stano3bGOLD Member
journeyman
59 posts

Posted:
thanks for the link
im not sure if the chain is welded though...it might be one of those i can get in our local pet shops
what does "fine links" mean please?

EDIT: nevermind, they dont ship to my country
thank you anyway

i think i will just buy the 2,4 mm chain from here and get used to it smile
EDITED_BY: stano3b (1295513383)

...can you speak poi?