Forums > Videos > The Hipster Nightmare Spins Poi? (1st IC clip)

Login/Join to Participate

EpitomeOfNoviceGOLD Member
Putting the "FUN" in fundamental since 1981
787 posts

Posted:

This is my first attempt at spinning in character/alter ego and maintain a feel or theme with music, body language, dress, and footwork. Let me know what it said to you or what imagery came across, I have yet to see anyone spin with my vision I have for myself and would love to hear responses.

Note: It was very windy so if I look distracted my tails stung me quite a few times and I'm aware it happened a little. tongue2

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

(All you RLers this is epitome_of_lame *waves hello*)

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I posted my comment on youtube and am to lazy to post it again here tongue2 Also I like the name laugh3

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

787 posts

Posted:
SoD, you commented on the earlier link this one has WAY more dancey-dance! grin

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

poismylovepoi addict
196 posts

Posted:
it had a very energetic feel to it. and you went to the music really well. clap
btw just out of curiousity, where did you come up with the name hipster nightmare?

to spin or not to spin, that is the question.

787 posts

Posted:
Thank you ma'am! It's actually a very funny story how I became the "hipster nightmare".

Long, long ago when I was about 13 years old (sophomore year of high school) I was always a cracking dry jokes about the non-conformists conforming and mainstream people being sheep (basically rambling on about individuality and being original), but in actuality I too was a fashionista dedicated to being a trail blazer in all the lesser known underground cool stuff. My friends would call me out on it and I did everything possible to not be the true "hipster" I was having fun poked at me about.

Many years later we all come to the conclusion I'm too silly and too much of a wildcard to ever be a full hipster, so the "hipster nightmare" was deemed the most accurate title for my shenanigans! laugh3

~Rock on!~

poismylovepoi addict
196 posts

Posted:
that makes much much more sense now haha, not only does it sound cool it has a good story behind it.
oh im not a ma'am btw haha tongue2

787 posts

Posted:
Oh my... laugh3 Sorry sir! grin

~Rock on!~

poismylovepoi addict
196 posts

Posted:
lol no worries.

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: BrenI only use fair trade organic locally produced soy based beeswax candles

Teehee!

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...