Forums > Other Toys > Ideas for moves with the Phoenix Wings

Login/Join to Participate

KaMieLioNSILVER Member
stranger
5 posts

Posted:
I'm not sure where I should look for videos of people using the Phoenix Wings. Sadly, they're as long as the entire length of my arm so I'm actually limited as to what I can do with them, but would greatly appreciate any input as far as where to go to see them in action. Can anyone help me out on this one? smile

Only you can pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and keep on going. Don't just do it for yourself, do it for those you love. wink

Warior DrakeSILVER Member
The Dragon Professor
203 posts

Posted:
That's the awesome thing about fire performing, people will be amazed simply by the fact its fire. Not to say we performers can slack off and not try to have awesome routines, but at the same time it gives you a lot of leeway. I'd suggest simply learning how to move with them on. If you can get your own groove on and dance while wearing them you've already got a major leg up. After that if you wanna perform with something else while wearing them just learn to do the basics while wearing them, the arm length wings will prevent you from doing a lot, but not everything. Dancing with torches can look amazing if you let yourself move with it, even though there's no crazy spinning, just something to keep in mind.

Don't let your world end with you

p.s. No, just in case you're going to ask, I did not misspell Warrior, its supposed to be like that.

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
You could probably do the thing that you can do with poi that is like a split-time, 1-petal inspin flower on your wallplane.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

KaMieLioNSILVER Member
stranger
5 posts

Posted:
The only thing about the wings is that you don't actually wear them. Do a search in the shop for them on here and you'll see what I'm working with. So far, I've just been improvising and seeing what I can come up with...nothing too flashy because they're the exact length of my arm, so maneuverability is kind of limited. I'm going to post a video here eventually that will show them in action! smile I'm hoping to upload a few pics of them as well. smile

Only you can pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and keep on going. Don't just do it for yourself, do it for those you love. wink

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
Damn I would hate those laugh3 I can't think of anything at all I could do with them other than sit there and look pretty.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

KaMieLioNSILVER Member
stranger
5 posts

Posted:
From what I can tell, the Phoenix Wings are mostly made for dancing, not really spinning. Granted, I would have much rather had started out with the typical 5 wick fans, my hubby thought these were so cool that he had to order them for me and called them my mother's day present...I remember staring at them for weeks and wondering what I was going to do with them, and then had them 2 months before I even set them on fire. lol

PS. I have a few pics up in my gallery...there aren't many, but there will be more to come. smile

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
eternal buzzsaw wink

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

KaMieLioNSILVER Member
stranger
5 posts

Posted:
I can't do a buzzsaw with them...they are the exact length of my arm, so when I try to do any inward spin they hit my chest. I'm considering finding a way to slightly alter them but still be functional. smile