PollhammerSILVER Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
Hi, I just have a quick question about the fire orb. How do I determine what legnth to order. Is it a shoulder width thing, or just preference? any input would be greatly appreciated.
EDITED_BY: Pollhammer (1280980641)

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
it would be an arm span thing wink

on a more serious note: it's between shoulder length and personal preference... it would be perfect if someone near you already got one and you could try whether it feels comfi and go from there.

keep spinning smile

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Or get one that you vary the length of the span

Like these here
or here
EDITED_BY: Gnor (1281147148)

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
My first orb is around 30cm long. It's static and I can shorten it by wrapping it around my hands but it's limited to what you can do.

I don't really like the sliding one as you can't control where the fire will be (well, with gravity)

I think the Fyregear ones are probably the most versatile. But you also have to think about how you want your hands....

tracerammoGOLD Member
29 posts

Posted:
Another thing to consider: Chain or Wire? I use a wire and it's a bit stiff, so I can't wrap it around my hands (without crazy things happening.)

Longer=More work to isolate (bigger movements) and easier to get behind your head and back. You can have a bigger wick, too!

Shorter=Looks way cool, 'cause your hands are closer. Looks more like liquid dance style, to me. A little more limiting, even for orb... wink

Hope that helps!

The wispering of the wise never entertains the fools...