DaedraSILVER Member
The Dae Walker
75 posts

Posted:
Hello there guys! (^_^)
Ok, I've got me a couple of glow balls. Planning to make a Pendulum Poi set but with glow heads instead of the standard Stage Ball heads. The problem is that the glow balls are a little too light for my liking.

Can you guys think of any ingenious ways to add a little extra weight to the glow ball? Was contemplating sliding a nut or a couple of washers down the cord but realised that if I did, for a example, a horizontal throw with a flick, the nut/washer would slide up the cord to the handle end and throw the balance right off... thus ruining the illusion!

Thanks in advance! smile

-Dae-

Once my father gave me a kiwi... I thought it was a rodent and I stroked it until all the fur fell out - White Ninja

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Depending on how much you can get into them, a lead sinker may do the trick.

In theory you could also tie it on just above the ball I guess.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

DaedraSILVER Member
The Dae Walker
75 posts

Posted:
Yeah I'm going to need to cut open the ball anyway... so maybe slipping in some lead weights would do the trick! Just worried about how visible it would be... Though experimentation will be conducted!!

Once my father gave me a kiwi... I thought it was a rodent and I stroked it until all the fur fell out - White Ninja

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
Rather than filling it with loose weights that will shake around could you fill it with silicon or similar that will set as a solid

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

AmathriaGOLD Member
Untouchable Coffee Goddess
17 posts

Posted:
I put sinker weights on my quick links. At first I just put one, but I noticed that it slightly altered my planes, but I got used to it and it stopped. One on each side was perfect. Cheap easy fix. But be warned, it can mess up your quick links.. I think so anyway (one of mine got messed up and I couldn't figure out how else it would've happened)

They also suck when you get hit with them. My knuckles have taken a lot of damage.

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
chunk of blue tac?

SoopaSILVER Member
As Himself
150 posts

Posted:
I would crack the ball open and spread a clear drying caulk around the inside of the ball so the added weight is spread evenly and light will not be interrupted