Forums > Advanced Poi Moves > How do you do a btb anti spin weave

Login/Join to Participate

kevoklyBRONZE Member
stranger
2 posts

Posted:
I have been tryin to figure out the correct movements for an anti spin btb weave in either direction. does anyone know if there is a video or something on it thanks

kev-

TeamoGOLD Member
Almost again
124 posts

Posted:
Sounds like a move that would be a killer for the shoulder.. Not to discourage anyone, if they actually come up with a good way to do it.

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I have really flexible shoulders, I'll give it a try, sounds like it would look pretty sick.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

leospoiSILVER Member
Poi explorer
108 posts

Posted:
Sorry to play the devil's advocate but...
Naa no such thing, there's simply not enough range of motion btb. You need to fit at least 2 poi lengths between your hand btb and your back and even then carefully place the antispin petals so you don't hit your back or arms while doing the weaving motions. Even if you are a contortionist and managed to perfect it, it really wouldn't stand out much from a btb buzzsaw due to the poi length having to be very short.

I just have to say that there are so many more advanced poi cooler and feasible moves to try out than this. Something related that comes to mind is a btb watermill.

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
Isn't that also a btb crosser you're talking about?

Edit: Tried it for a while, one arm doesn't get a very clean flower and it looks kinda ugly and my poi get tangled in the transition to the other side.
EDITED_BY: SpinnerofDetroit (1267829534)

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

kevoklyBRONZE Member
stranger
2 posts

Posted:
k thanks 8)

kev-

AlienJonGOLD Member
enthusiast
290 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: leospoiSorry to play the devil's advocate but...
Naa no such thing, there's simply not enough range of motion btb. You need to fit at least 2 poi lengths between your hand btb and your back and even then carefully place the antispin petals so you don't hit your back or arms while doing the weaving motions. Even if you are a contortionist and managed to perfect it, it really wouldn't stand out much from a btb buzzsaw due to the poi length having to be very short.

I just have to say that there are so many more advanced poi cooler and feasible moves to try out than this. Something related that comes to mind is a btb watermill.

Devil's devil's advocate:
I can do an AS weave in front of me with only 1 poi length of space, using precise framing and overlapping. If you can turn your torso enough, you should be able to do most of the move on either side with your back almost aligned to each wall plane. You just need to get the cross points really cleanly worked out (doable, but Good Luck).

I agree, that is sounds like a bitch to get clean, will wreck your shoulders in the process, and there are way more fun things to put spend your time on!

+Alien Jon

liquidtrancei dream in circles...
336 posts

Posted:
ohh, btb watermill, hadn't thought of that...

even chuck norris can't pin you down if your on fire

AlienJonGOLD Member
enthusiast
290 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: liquidtranceohh, btb watermill, hadn't thought of that...

Yup. there are 4 places to frame inside moves: BTA in front, ATA in front, BTB, and BTH... but BTH insides require majore flexibility and I think looking like you are having seizures is a mandatory part of it.

+Alien Jon

liquidtrancei dream in circles...
336 posts

Posted:
i worked out a few variations of that a couple years ago, gave up on bth cos apart from looking like i was attached to a tazer im pretty sure a few more blows to the head would actually have given me seizures smirk lol

even chuck norris can't pin you down if your on fire

NathanielEveristSILVER Member
enthusiast
315 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I'm with Leo, I don't think it's possible to do a fully btb antispun weave due to lack of range of motion to move the hands in a large enough circle to enable antispin. You may be able to turn your body to allow more space, but as one gets more space, the other get's less as it moves to a waistwrapped position. So, you could twist your torso and antispin the poi moving above the waistwrapped poi, but I don't think it's physically possible to antispin both in split-time, at least not possible for me.

Theoretically, there might be somebody out there with freakishly flexible shoulders who could do it.

Jen H.SILVER Member
stranger
3 posts

Posted:
I've just stumbled across this post and realized that in it are two of the very men who have (inadvertently) taught me most of what I know about spinning:) NathanielEverist and AlienJon are quite the inspiration, via YouTube. At least, I really hope it's both of who who I learned all my moves from:) If not I'll be all sorts of embarrassed. Thank you<3

johndhaiveGOLD Member
Kebab Embalmer
316 posts

Posted:
i thought i got the BTB anti spin weave, but unfortunately, it was just a dream bounce2

Tam tam tam cheketitamtam, ketumpantam, ketumpan kete kete kete, tam tam tam ketumpanketey!

willow2xSILVER Member
KeepTheWorldSpinning Originator
49 posts

Posted:
a little off topic here but is your sig' JBT at all?...

jumping back on the topic train...

would it be possible to hybrid it at all?
seems like its possible thinking of it...tho it may physically differ ofc' ;P

KeepTheWorldSpinning with me =]

johndhaiveGOLD Member
Kebab Embalmer
316 posts

Posted:
what's JBT? hehe! it's from ecstasy ecstano song, if you guys heard of it..

i think it's possible but brain storming right now is the least thing that i would do.. bounce2

Tam tam tam cheketitamtam, ketumpantam, ketumpan kete kete kete, tam tam tam ketumpanketey!