Forums > Videos > Lets Start A Collaboration Video!!!!!!!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
Derek_FaughnDIAMOND Member
DerekJF85
101 posts

Posted:
I would think it would be flippin awesome if we could start a collaboration video (like they do on glowsticking.com) here on the home of poi website.
Please let me know what you think about the idea and what you could do for the video. I know i can make some footage, but I'm no video editor. So I'm trying to find someone to edit the video, and alot of others to send make footage.
Get back to me and let me know what ideas you have! smile

"Dream as you will live forever, and live as you will die today"
James Dean

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
Since I can't go to glowsticking.com for reasons of Death Metal Ethics (;p) what sort of video is this you have in mind?

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

chemairoSILVER Member
person who like to spin all gears
62 posts

Posted:
Hey can you tell me the main idea's behind this collaboration, because I dont know the one of glowsticking.com

DerekJF85
101 posts

Posted:
Basically the spinners of the forum get footage of themselves spinning, and someone of the forum will volunteer to put the best clips from these videos, and edit them together in a bad ass way. And then we can post it on the forum for everyone to see! Its just something fun to do.

So it might be cool to start the 1st HoP video collab.

PS. I should of posted this in the video section. But meh.
EDITED_BY: Derek_Faughn (1262710013)

James Dean

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
1,277 posts

Posted:
I'd be game. I don't think anything I'd do would make the final cut, but it'd be good for censoreds & giggles.

DerekJF85
101 posts

Posted:
Well i would think the video would have a bit of everyone that submitted! Just need to find an video editor. Anyone?

James Dean

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
If no one better than me volunteers, I'll be up for editing it (as well as filming myself and getting the word out around Israel)

General guidelines would be helpful-
1. Use a tripod if possible
2. Use a good camera
3. Video length limit - 2 mins (?)
4. Nice location, cool costume etc

Would be cool if a mod moved this to the video forum smile

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
1,277 posts

Posted:
I know just the location and just the costume... As for the camera, I have a small Sony high-def handheld (can be tripod mounted), but it doesn't really allow for manual adjustment; do you think that'd work out, or should I borrow a better camera? (I know when doing still photography I can never bring myself to use a non-SLR camera...)

DerekJF85
101 posts

Posted:
Right on. Lets move it on to the Video forum.

James Dean

leospoiSILVER Member
Poi explorer
108 posts

Posted:
Hey, great idea! A friend of mine just finished editing the diabolo collaboration video of diabolo.ca and it was a great success (https://juggling.tv/video/3386/diaboloca-collaboration-2009).

If there's enough enthusiasm we could probably pull off something like that with spinning.

A=PoiRsQuaredSILVER Member
I thunk, their four I is.
28 posts

Posted:
Good idea, I'm in. Possible problems: Video formats: If said editor is working with a PC, and some spinners only have a mac. I have had troubles before trying to send friends raw video footage for this very reason. I'm sure the problem could be easily tackled though.
Also are we going to have a theme. I know GSC has like the Spinning in Nature Collab, Project Oldschool, etc... each one usually has a common theme. Not that we need one, just wondering.

Life is Good

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Will have to try, might only be able to send anything once I am back at Rhodes in late January.

Am keen though.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

DerekJF85
101 posts

Posted:
A theme would be a sweet idea. Ummmmm any ideas? O and we have this topic opened in the video forum as well. Glad to see everyone is up for it.

James Dean

T-S-ASILVER Member
Magic Monkey Juice
252 posts

Posted:
I reckon that would be a good idea, maybe a few different videos at different levels, otherwise I could see it ending up with the same spinners over and over. As much as I do love watching people like Nick, Ronan, G, Durbs, Yuta, Jon, Tom Nevisoul etc etc and all the other mind blowing spinners on here spinning, I'm not sure that would really picture what HOP is about (if these guys are interested in also making videos).

If people are up for it, maybe a beginner/intermediate video, intermediate/a little advanced and an advanced video, covering all the different skill levels of HoP users instead of a COL kinda thing where only the best videos of the best spinners get shown?

Just a thought, but would be a nice chance for everyone on here who wants to be on it/them to have more chance of getting their faces seen.

Either way, I would be up for putting forward some footage of me spinning. Maybe a limitation on duration too? To save editors rummaging through hours worth of footage to find the best of all videos submitted.
EDITED_BY: T-S-A (1262750959)

"We were making castles in the sand: Now we swim in the seas that swept them away"

T-S-ASILVER Member
Magic Monkey Juice
252 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: _Poiboy_
4. Nice location, cool costume etc

Not so keen on this, only a handful of spinners I have met have been interested in dressing up for it... Personally, I would rather spin how I'm comfortable in normal clothes, instead of dressing like a giant fish (yes I have been asked too in the past ;))

"We were making castles in the sand: Now we swim in the seas that swept them away"

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
Doubtful that I'll have anything to add to the video, but if this does get made I can mix the music for it. Will just need whoever is doing the editing to let me know the total length and I'll mix a few different tracks for you to choose from.

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Well, the idea would not nessecarily be to be mind-blowingly good. Just to have something to show. Interesting is good though.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
1,277 posts

Posted:
I like the idea of showcasing the full range of skill levels. Also gives the opportunity to have a buildup of cooler and cooler stuff as the video progresses. Just a thought.

nulleamaiGOLD Member
152 posts

Posted:
Great idea, i can offer video clips of mine, not footage skills becouse i'm not good in that. Waiting for news :-)

T-S-ASILVER Member
Magic Monkey Juice
252 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Sister ElevenI like the idea of showcasing the full range of skill levels. Also gives the opportunity to have a buildup of cooler and cooler stuff as the video progresses. Just a thought. I like that. Gives everyone a chance of being seen.

T-S-ASILVER Member
Magic Monkey Juice
252 posts

Posted:
Nice work Malcom.

If I can get a camera in time, fire poi in the snow smile

DerekJF85
101 posts

Posted:
I was thinking of some themes for the collab. So lets put it to a vote.

Water

Nature

Urban

And thats all i got so please let me know what you think or if you got any other theme ideas.

James Dean

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
I will start working on some music tonight. I'm sure I'll have to change it up some to fit the video once it's done, but I can start putting some ideas together.
Going to guess around 30 minutes to start?

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
My choice would be either nature or urban.

Deadline for videos - February 7th, get filming smile

DerekJF85
101 posts

Posted:
Hells yes! Its on! Everyone give poiboy mega props for stepping up as the editor! Thanks!

James Dean

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
1,277 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: _Poiboy_My choice would be either nature or urban.

Deadline for videos - February 7th, get filming smile

My vote is Nature + Urban. tongue2

But Urban, if I have to choose just one.

Eep, Feb 7. Had better set aside time...

EDIT: Also, does anyone have any tips on making small poi more camera-visible? I tested out my usual heads and they don't show up all that great.
EDITED_BY: Sister Eleven (1262919435)
EDIT_REASON: See note

TeamoGOLD Member
Almost again
124 posts

Posted:
Hmm it's freezing outside.. I guess I'll have to arrange either the urban or nature environment to come to me instead of me going there.

nulleamaiGOLD Member
152 posts

Posted:
I prefer urban becouse in winter is more easy to film in urban places that nature places. Anyway no problem for me to film in the nature...

DerekJF85
101 posts

Posted:
I think i'd like to do urban. I got a perfect spot behind my house.

James Dean

bjrcboyBRONZE Member
journeyman
74 posts

Posted:
At the end of each video we should all jump up with joy and throw our poi. Then the person editing can do like a big super fast roll of everyone jumping at the end. Followed by(with his permission of course) Ronan acting goofy at 2:20ish

Or something. haha =)

bjrcboyBRONZE Member
journeyman
74 posts

Posted:
Tie stuffed animals to them of course =)

Page: ...