Forums > Social Chat > beware what you wish for

Login/Join to Participate

Gandhi Ganjamastermember
299 posts

Posted:
it's becoming more and more absurd. the other day i posted in either/or and i chose a broken back over a broken heart. I know, stupid, but i thought i'd be safe since i've already had my heart broken. Next day I couldn't walk, lay, sit, put on my pants or anything else.

Last week, I thought it would be nifty to have a nice beer mug. Next day in town i ran into this old man who said heaven sent me and he'd been waiting for me and presented me with a beautiful beer mug.

These kind of things seem to happen more and more and faster and faster these days. I'm sure I'm not the only one, would love to hear your experiences, theories on this.

I'm still confused though as the ´things I'd really like to happen just seem to take their time or else my requests have gone missing.

Ehm, can anyone relate?

Why?

JoKoPomember
84 posts

Posted:
Thas spooky!

You're probably tuned into some divine force

The only kinda similar thing I can think of is that if I lose something or need something I meditate and ask where it is/can I have it/etc.

Usually works too, I thank my guardian angel (I thnk thas who I'm talking to)

xxx

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Meet me in outer space... I will hold you close if you're afraid of heights...xXxXx

Gandhi Ganjamastermember
299 posts

Posted:
Hmm..
the meditation thing works for me too, not always tho.
my angels are usually quite dependable. sometimes i'll ask them to deliver messages, hugs and kisses. It's fun!

what i'm having trouble with right now is that everything we say and think creates something somewhere. sometimes it comes and hits me right in the face immediately, especially if it was just said without thinking, intent.
And other times it's just nada.

recently i've noticed that whatever theme i'm busy with in my head will all of a sudden be everywhere (movies, music, intenet, random meetings etc). it's freaked me out at times.

heck, i can't be the only person who's noticed that. - and i'm not talking about the "if yer looking for a certain thing it'll be everywhere" kinda thing.

Why?

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
I think i do know what you mean. I can't think of any specific examples, but i know i've definately had that feeling lots of times - like the world around you is reacting to your thoughts.

The way i see it, our existence consists of an amazingly complicated set of an infinite number of interacting variables and forces, which all conglomerate together in some weird twisted invisible mess to produce the present, or, 'the cause of the future'.
And who's to say our thoughts are not part of this process. That the things we think directly or indirectly affect the things that occur around us. Thoughts change attitudes, attitudes change perceptions, perceptions change decisions, decisions change actions.

There's so much we don't understand, and so much we're not even aware of - which is fine, because we can always learn. But problems arise when people decide that we know it all, that this is it, and that this is all there is.

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer." - Ken Kesey

(Oh dear, i think i've gone off on a some randomg tangent again.... hrmm sorry)

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
om gosh that all wasy happens to me like the phone will ring and even befor i pickit up i can guess whos on the other end and just as i was coming home tonight i was thinking about the same topic.

missie

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

SaBBaSenthusiast
215 posts

Posted:
something similar happened to me some months ago, whenever i said that i didn't want something to happen which was planned, suddenly things changed and it didn't happen. happened with a camp some friends had to go and 2 times with my music group. one time the camp was cancelled due to bad weather and the other two times one of the guys got sick and we couldn't go and play... it was also like that, just thoughts, never trying to change things. it stopped as soon as i started playing the lottery though

Don't you destroy your enemy by making him your friend?? - Rev Bem (Magog), Andromeda

TurqoiseDreamermember
36 posts

Posted:
These things happen to me always also. Just yesterday my hubby and I were talking about what kind of motorbike he wanted to buy, he couldnt decide between a road bike or a dirt bike. As we were talking about it a song came on called 'dirt track cowboy'. Troys now getting a dirt bike.

Rikomember
9 posts

Posted:
Hello everybody,

All that must be true, you know that we are all connected together with the same roots inside us...
We don't know that at each moment, but sometimes, we have a feeling, something's happening down there...
I'm sure that if you really need something, you just have to think to it, and let it come...

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
quote:
Last week, I thought it would be nifty to have a nice beer mug. Next day in town i ran into this old man who said heaven sent me and he'd been waiting for me and presented me with a beautiful beer mug.

Hehehehe! a Beer Angel!!!

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

adren@linemember
249 posts

Posted:
i have a form of this phenomenon myself, and i like to refer to it as

'Instant Kharma'

basically what happens to me is, i do or say something bad, and soemthing will happen to punish me for it. for example:
my friend at work was telling me about something, and i said something like "yeah whatever, thats stupid" and the next thing i know ive knocked over two boxes off the top shelf!

the same friend decided to skip the last little bit of the list she was finishing, and spilt a whole jar of chocolate hearts all over the floor

and just the other day when i had promised myself to drink more water, i deliberately avoided opening my bag so i wouldnt have to drink cos i was sick of it, and when i did open my bag my drink bottle had leaked everywhere!

so the moral of my story is, what you give is what you get returned, instantly! although i havent noticed anyone giving me stuff cos i thought it would be nice to have it, maybe i havent been good enough...

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
*batump*

'instant karma'... like the Indian version of 'instant gratification' ubblol BTGT

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

AmaraOSILVER Member
67 posts

Posted:
Turquoise- country station? Gotta love Adam Brand biggrin

I have had these kinda weird things happen a lot too...Our words have power. We often don't think about it. But it happens.

You also tilt when you should withdraw, and that is Knightly too. Rest In Peace, Heath.

Proudly Owned By FireTom.

la_genieBRONZE Member
73 posts

Posted:
I think what you are actually referring to is the Buddhist concept of Chitta Niyama — Will of mind ... or the Pagan "to think it makes it so"

Be aware, the evil flowers may eat your toes....
Have no friends not equal to yourself...
Feed your mind, read a book

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
 Written by: falloutboy

The way i see it, our existence consists of an amazingly complicated set of an infinite number of interacting variables and forces, which all conglomerate together in some weird twisted invisible mess to produce the present, or, 'the cause of the future'.
And who's to say our thoughts are not part of this process. That the things we think directly or indirectly affect the things that occur around us. Thoughts change attitudes, attitudes change perceptions, perceptions change decisions, decisions change actions.

That reminded me of this. If something as small as a person saying a prayer can do this.....imagine what all of us could do.....

https://www.wellnessgoods.com/messages.asp

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!