Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Bristol (UK) Victoria Park Bonfire Night, Nov 5th

Login/Join to Participate

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
I'm organising this years Bonfire Night in Victoria Park. I've added a risk assessment and looks like will have permission for some fire spinning. If you are interested in joining the fun, can you please contact me however, as I need details of anyone spinning (name, email/phone, brief details of spinning experience).

Also if anyone would like to move their names from the 'naughty' to 'nice' list in time for Christmas, we still need volunteers to steward, help with the foodstall, bar, so please PM me if interested in being involved. Its a small community event and all proceeds go towards park developments.

Bonfire will be lit at 6pm after a guy judging competition, with a bar, food stall, firespinning and oohing round the firelight till 9pm.

Hope to see you there,
Kat

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
that sounds like it could be rather fun. grin

I'll pencil it in my diary smile

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

BleddynBRONZE Member
Sure you can play with my big stick.
30 posts

Posted:
Heya Kat,

Me and a mate of mine would love to come down and spin for you.

Bit of background on us both, we have been spinning for around 2 months and by no means see our selves as amazing or ideal performance spinner but in those 2 months we haven’t really stopped spinning.

I’m staff (single and at the moment not much in the way of contact either but I’m getting there slowly :)) He is poi all the way.

In the way of H&S we are very good, I my self come from a theater background and as such H&S is 2nd nature to me, but none the less if you want us there we would still like a run down of H&S as I’m sure there are a lot of things different. we both us paraffin (kerosene) will bring our own fuel, safety gear and of course our beloved toys with us and if needed we can bring a 3rd person to watch us as we both spin if there wont be a dedicated fire officer on site for us spinners.

As Im sure you can guess this would be our 1st performance but none the less we would love to come along... if you still need people and are willing to let us in please send me a pm/email and let me know.

Thanks Kat.

If not we will probably still come along to watch the uber spinners you have tongue2

Keep safe Kat and Keep Spinning.

"Is this the bit where you run off for a burn to calm down"
"Hello???"
"argh you have gona already"

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Hi all,

Its a local park affair so it doesn't need to be a super glitsy performance, you are all most welcome to join, I just need contact details in advance to satisfy Risk Assessment. One of the Nowhere (regional burningman event) crew is coming from Stroud also!

Sent you both a PM.

Jon!welcome to Bristol at last! Can't wait to see you :-)

xx

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Oh, forgot to say, I'm rubbish at checking this so please email my work addy kchiswelljones@beachcroft.co.uk

Ta x
Kat

- W B Yeats