ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Whoa heavy topic huh?
I was thinking about this last night and I have come to the conclusion that life has so many different meanings for so many people.
Some wish for success on the career path, some for health and wealth, some for love, some for companionship, or even physical contact...
I myself wish for the ability to be able to help people and pursue my spiritual path in such a way that I can centre my life around my beliefs. To love and to give, to see delight that others live through and share time with family and loved ones. To teach. To dance.To play. To see spirit in everything that I come into contact with.
I was wondering.... what does life mean to you? I love this board and I love the people on it... now I want to know what you all love and aspire towards as well....

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
My FAVOURITE Psytrance sample of all time;

"Have a good time...all the time"

I really think this is the way it should be.

and I'm doing ok so far

Josh

[ 23. May 2003, 20:26: Message edited by: [Josh] ]

ChorinBRONZE Member
217 posts

Posted:
The meaning of life?? that's easy it's 42 it's the answer to life the universe and everything. Have you never read "The Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy"? 6 x 7 it answers everything it all comes down to that simple equation.

Dilbert's Words of Wisdom -
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either!
You are slower than a herd of turtles stampedeing through peanut butter!

Oh yeah.... Don't tell the ants

Nathdaninjamember
271 posts

Posted:
okay some randomness first seeing as we're talking about numbers....23....law of 5's...etc...blah blah.
To be honest my life is so stressed and messy at the moment that I'm struggling to compose any real thought's on the subject. I've obviously spent too long being sucked into the rat race.
I know what I want, but to be honest most of these things are pretty materialistic...house(well home really that I can call my own), motorbike(wanted one since I was wee boy...not that I had a bladder problem when I was young). Enough money to dig myself out of the debt I created for myself by getting an education.

I don't even know whether my chosen career is what I want to do.

boing...boing...When the naive man admits his naivete, he is no longer naive.Thus, all people are regarded by society as either ignorant or a liar.Wonders never cease, as long as you never cease to wonder.

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
To travel, see the world and its peoples and become knowledgable in all their ways. To experience beauty, ugliness, sadness, happiness, love and hate (although hopefully not to much of the latter) in their purest and highest forms. To play with the fire of life until i get burnt.
To put in a good innings and to have lived life in the fullest way possible to me. To have made the right choices and to have respected others.

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
Here's a poem I wrote a few years ago on this topic:

Liberty

As I try to live my life other people's voices
Try to influence my choices
I know what I think and I know what I know
I've got to make mistakes to grow
I know the difference between want and need
I've tasted the seduction of temptation and greed
I can't regret a thing that I've done
If I've done it then I've done it and therefore it's been done
It's so hard to explain how I feel
To see past these masks we wear; cold and unreal
Beyond them is something so much more
A world of possibility to explore
I will make my own choices
I will keep my own mind
For it's truth and it's freedom I'm trying to find

Hope you like it - POSITIVE feedback and CONSTRUCTIVE criticism welcome (if you think it's s**t you can keep that quiet )

sunbeam
copyright e.zienau 2003

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

Twirl'N'BurnBooojakasha
121 posts

Posted:
"The meaning of life is to give life meaning."

Simply an excuse to play with fire.

Chimeramember
35 posts

Posted:
DNA knew what he was talking about, I think I'll also have to say 42.
Seriously my own life has little direction. I just try to experience it to the fullest and have a laugh (or sometimes a cry) along the way. I also try to see other peoples views and the vastness of the human experience. I hope to have helped several others along this road we call life, as I'm grateful to those who have influenced and helped me. I don't see a grand meaning in life beyond enjoying it and helping others to do the same.

dwuanosmember
79 posts

Posted:
Simply have fun and try not to f#$k any-one over in the process

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
the meaning of life? I has no meaning.
But it has a purpose - to be happy.
I look for that everywhere and anywhere, and find it often enough to consider myself happy. Therefore purpose fulfilled

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
I've forgotten I used to know (Looks around for my writeing pad) .I'll get back to you I'l chicken .

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
kinda implies that we have a purpose hey? (enduring crappy off-peak public transportation always causes me to think that!)

if there is or there isn't a purpose, either way, you still have to:
'Don't worry, 'bout a thing,
cus every little thing,
is gunna be alwright...'
- Bob Marley

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
You are right Malcolm.... Poi IS the meaning of life!!!

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
I thought poi unleashed the spirt ?.

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

primative_toyshappy hunting
228 posts

Posted:
every second im breathing im learning, I used to think yes/no good/bad black/white now its more along the lines of an ever evolving spirit and knowledge from within, and much like poi i exercise this and practice and it just keeps getting better throughout the progression. everything one does in life has a reaction and im beginning to see more towards the end of the ripple as apposed to whats directly in front of me, Its all an experience..

happyhunting
mitch

regret nothing, learn everything

fire_light_movement

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
i reckon a load of general unhappiness is caused by people acting out their lives to fit with what they reckon its 'meaning' and 'purpose' are, instead of just living.

Meaning and Purpose are words given to something that is designed. a rock doesn't have meaning or purpose. its just a rock. same goes for human beings.

IMHO of course

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."