Page: ...
newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Due to popular demand, we are proud to present....

sunny UberOz3sunny

Yes! That fabulous long weekend of skillz injektion, creative SHAZZAM and and more !!! Here's the word:

sunnyDates

Thurs 28th-Sun 31st August, with workshops starting on Friday night. (yep I know that weekend is a bit awkward for some Uni students and clashes with Burning Man.. but it fits for other local events and also my birthday!)

sunnyVenue

Same as previous 2 events.. Hillbrook Anglican School Recreation Centre, Enoggera, Brisbane, with a Saturday night devil party at mine. (Did I mention it's my birthday?;)

sunnyInternational Teachers:

heart YUTA!!! Returning for the second dose of ultra ninja poi stylin

heart MCP: hardcore precision staff grrrl

heart Sebastian Berger (Fenfire)... triple staff passes and the best boyskirt in the bizness

plus heart MAJOR local heroes including Brettstar, Kyle McLean, Chris Carlos, Christian Parr, Alice Robinson and MORE to be confirmed.

As well as Ubercore poi and staff, we will also include juggling, devil sticks, contact juggling etc from our Uberteachers and skillshare from participants.

sunny Cost

$ AUD 125 prepaid

and

$ 50,000 at the door (we want you to pre reg...)

with a limited number of discounted tix @ $60 for under 16s.

That includes up to 15 Uber workshops and group sessions wow fuel, accommodation and our famous yummy lunches clap

sunny Accommodation

Onsite camping space is included in the price ( you need to bring your own gear, though there are facilities like toilet/water/tiny kitchen) For non-campers we can usually find local billets or recommend backpackers.

sunny Bookings

PM me with your email address and I will send you a rego form directly. OR find one posted with lots of background info at the lovely UberEvents site

ubbrollsmile

NB: these are NOT beginner's workshops. Reasonable skills are needed to take advantage of the quality of workshops on offer.

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
 Written by :maus

gonna see how I like Australia for a while

come to tasmania!!!!! yes yes yes! bounce it is nice but usually international HoPper deprived, EXCEPT if you make it in late january '09 you could come to the austraian circus festival!

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Just got my visa through!~WOOOOOHOOOO!!!
bounce bounce2 bounce

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
wooh!! bounce biggrin

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Yeah that's great news~ Guess I'd better put you in the Official Database then biggrin

16.15.8GOLD Member
I can´t think therefore I´m not
291 posts

Posted:
Can I ask in this thread if there is anyone that would like to hang out with me for while after Uber Oz?

I will fly to Malaysia from Gold Coast the 7:th of september and I don´t have any ideas what to do in between, what I do know is that there is plenty of awesome people that I would be very happy to spend some time with! Maybe some after Uber Oz poi geekery?! :P

//Thomas

"I don´t like shoes, definitely not spinning with shoes, they make my feet feel flat, my feet are not flat...."

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
You've changed your name!
I am entirely sure you will be whisked off somewhere lovely, Thomas. Depends a bit on what Jane is doing (she's not a hoPper) but she has a great place in Northern NSW. Nimbin even.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
ZOMG!

So closeeeeeeeeee

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

16.15.8GOLD Member
291 posts

Posted:
Time to change. Like my poi my heart is fire is probably the most sleezy thing I ever wrote, on the other hand and didn´t actually expect I would be an active member and actually not even play poi at this time smile Life changes and I love it :P

See you soon and it´s gonna be wicked :P

"I don´t like shoes, definitely not spinning with shoes, they make my feet feel flat, my feet are not flat...."

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
lol 7 years ago i joined as bender the offender.
now i get searched at airports!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
wow Bender, your new pic is sooo cool. You look like some sort of digitised action figure only hotter!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
lol u should see the cheezy promo shots that aren't published.
hey thomas, your vids are leet, shame i won't be making it to this meet to share a session with ya. i have some new stuff to play with.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
I will be around till wensday to hang out tom but then its back to the lab for me...

16.15.8GOLD Member
291 posts

Posted:
WICKED! I think that there wont be any problem to find some friendly spinners to spend some days with?! :P I see you all soon, very soon :P

bender: There will be more times, the world of spinners is to small to miss anyone wink

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
hey Bender! Augh what's with the changing pics on your id panel (or whatever its called). Here I go making comments about your visual hottness and next time I come back there's a pic of you looking like a fire Wiggle in a LOL Tshirt already ubblol

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
He looks like a cat to me at the moment.

I myself will be in Brisbane till Wednesday, when I also fly out.

Kupo!

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
hi all wave

just thought i'd drop by with a community service announcement about how you're all getting to uberoz3!! biggrin gabe hope you don't mind!! i thought about this after i got off the phone to you on the weekend & then thought you have a million other things on your mind right now, so i'll just go ahead & post this!! biggrin

if you're local...find your own way!! tongue

if you're flying in to brisbane...you have a few options!! smile

option 1) there is a train from the airport - you need to catch said train to gaythorne station. you'll need to switch trains at bowen hills station - that's easy!!! you will arrive on platform one...you then take 6 or so steps off the train & you're on platform 2 where you will find a train heading to mitchelton or ferny grove - this is the train you want!! smile once you get to gaythorne station it's a 615m walk to uberoz3!! biggrin the train will take almost an hour, but it's pretty easy. the train will cost you $17 for an adult ($15.60 concession - not much of a discount! frown & a child is $8.60) if you have heaps of gear, please let us know & we'll try to organise a ride for you from the train. the first train runs at 6am & the last one is 8pm. a warning - if you are arriving between 4.30ish & 6ish - be prepared for packed trains once you switch at bowen hills (some days it's not so bad though!!!).

option 2) there will be many taxis at the airport!! biggrin interestingly...the two cab company websites give different fares on their fare estimators...black & white tells me it'll be approximately $34, but yellow says approximately $37.50. not much difference, but i thought it was interesting!! smile a taxi might be a better option than the train if you have a group & want to get there quicker!! smile but again - a warning about peak hour - traffic is EVIL around the airport between 4 & 7...so if you're landing then - GET THE TRAIN! it may be a little crowded, but trust me it's better than sitting in traffic for over an hour...

option 3) if you are getting in after the last train (8pm) & you can't afford a taxi...we may be able to ask some brisbane hoppers nicely if they would volunteer their time & car to come pick you up! but you have to ask nicely, & i'm sure donations towards petrol & parking costs would be much appreciated!! smile

so there you have it folks!! biggrin

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
& a lil reminder...you all know you're camping right? umm just wanted to add that & make sure no-one turns up & suddenly realises they have no camping gear at all!!! *sideways glance at a certain blonde* ubblol

the weather is looking a whole lot better than it was last year *touch wood* so we shouldn't have waterfront camping this year!! biggrin wooh!

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Wow Gita
you rock.
no wait, let me rephrase that
clap YOU ROCK!!! clap

That is exactly what I will cut and paste to all the non-HoPers who are coming too. Thanks! hug

Also I may as well post now that we are talking with Duvan... he of the poi documentary.. about him coming to UberOz3 and filming some video-booth/interviews/poi loveliness. That's right, flying from Germany! We'll make sure it doesn't interfere with the learning side of the workshops.. cos who needs a big camera trained on you when youre sweating to figure out WHAT THE did Yuta just do etc.

But it will be wonderful to have some more quality documentation of the state of this art..after the brilliant job Matt Terry and Kyle did last year on our Home Movies that Turned into the Best FireVid Ever biggrin

It's getting like HollyUber!

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
*can't wait*

although, I'm waiting impatiently for uber to arrive, and rather bummed that bek can't make it... it's coming at a good time. my staff play is in need of some inspiration... and I'm not getting it from ripping off other people's ideas from vids; need interactivity

oh... and...

Written by :newgabe

Wow Gita
you rock.
no wait, let me rephrase that
clap YOU ROCK!!! clap

ditto

Also I may as well post now that we are talking with Duvan... he of the poi documentary.. about him coming to UberOz3 and filming some video-booth/interviews/poi loveliness.

wikkid...!! twas a lot of good fun, happening in the "look at me" booth...

We'll make sure it doesn't interfere with the learning side of the workshops.. cos who needs a big camera trained on you when youre sweating to figure out WHAT THE did Yuta just do etc.

*chuckle*... I suspect you'd find that there'll be those amongst us that would relish having a camera on them at most any time... but no, I'm not one of them

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
totally pinching that name for the video booth pogo!! biggrin ubblol it will now officially be known as "the look at me booth" biggrin

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
 Written by :gita

option 3) if you are getting in after the last train (8pm) & you can't afford a taxi...we may be able to ask some brisbane hoppers nicely if they would volunteer their time & car to come pick you up! but you have to ask nicely, & i'm sure donations towards petrol & parking costs would be much appreciated!! smile

so there you have it folks!! biggrin

We will be happy to help out here... our mobiles are 0405181482 or 0405250373 ...yeeeha! biggrin hug

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
Hey Brisbane lovelies!

Is there any chance that i could be loaned a tent and sleeping gear for the duration of Uberoz? Will save me bringing half a house on my back and on the plane biggrin

Thanks muchly in advance! hug

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
i can lend you a sleeping bag & tent smile

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
Ed,

Thank you!!! biggrin hug

Will Spartacus Dynamite be joining us this year? biggrin

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
aye - not sure how he'll get there tho. i may have to tie him to the back of my bike.

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

DaGGOLD Member
Golf buggie driving instructor
156 posts

Posted:
will we be able to sleep in the hall/ gym like last year?
it was great waking up and doing yoga on the same mattress! biggrin

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
Oooh, if we can sleep in the hall it saves me bringing a tent of my own!

Kupo!

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
 Written by :DaG

will we be able to sleep in the hall/ gym like last year?
it was great waking up and doing yoga on the same mattress! biggrin

In your Yoga bag? biggrin

*hopes DaG is familiar with Black Books* biggrin

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
DONT EAT MUFFINS WHEN IM DEVELOPING YOU!!!

Kupo!

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Pardon? Jarle? You OK? Try ...[Old link] wink

Page: ...