Forums > Meet Others > Spicing up Sydney a little...

Login/Join to Participate

paprikastranger
12 posts

Posted:
Greetings and salutations

Ive just moved back to Australia after awhile away in Edinburgh with a new found passion for.. all things Firey,spinny,juggley and generally manipulatey!

As such i know diddley-squat about the Sydney Spinning 'scene', and im sorely missing playing under the sun ( errr fluroecent lights in Scotland ), and was wondering if..... anybody could help me a little? Ive had a goosey at the Sydney Fire Gatherings thread but was wondering if there is anything new or changed going on?

Well, and just to say hello to everybody in Australia too!

HAM.

I know an illusion when I see one !

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Welcome back to Oz!, as you might have noticed on the Sydney thread, there is sometimes some discussion that scene is a little... dispersed? Not heaps of HoPpers either....
There are some great people there though. Eg no doubt Ciara will pop by here to say hello...from Circus Soc.. and Mark Douglass is an excellent contact. I have your email cos you registered for UberOz3 so I'll send you some contacts directly OK.
(Nice picture by the way)
Cheers
Gabe

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

paprikastranger
12 posts

Posted:
Cheers Newgabe!

Thanks for the info, tis good to be back in sunny ( ahhh not quite as cold as Scotland ) Oz. Hmm yes i did see afew frightening comments about the Sydney scene being.... despersed as you put it. Alas im also confined my the oppressive shackles of work and cant make it to the earlier Circus Soc gatherings ( if they are indeed on Monday arvos at the Uni still?.) but hey im sure there will always be somebody up for a play in the park on the weekend !

Anybody interested ?... I went down to Bicentenial Park last Sunday but couldnt find anybody, has this moved along by chance?

Thanks again for the helloos and see you at UberOz3 !

HAM

p.s. ze pic is a good old Escher Lithograph called "Hand with Reflecting Sphere " original name hey ;-p

p.p.s and yours is delitefully perky too by the way !

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Oh dear forgot to PM you eh. Have been a bit sicky and unfocused the last few days.... and now i am at work.. so will attend to that when I get home. What part of Sydeny are you in?? There's a couple of other nice people booked for UberOz3 from Sydney.. they all seem to go to different places.

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

paprikastranger
12 posts

Posted:
Ahh the joys of work; free email access ;-p

Im staying with the folks in the ermmm North Shore atm, but am willing to travel, tis always nicer spinnig in a group. I noticed that Sydney has ALOT of green spaces, too many to choose from !

ReivaXGOLD Member
27 posts

Posted:
hey! hello there... (thanks Dentrassi for telling me where that one was, couldn't find it)... newgabe, i sooo sad i can't come to the uberOz (i'm so short with money right now, less that a hundred bucks!!!) but well, i'm looking for work and i'm in Sydney, looking for spinners as well!

i'm in the CBD of sydney, so hyde park, and lee park are not so far. i've heard that spinners were gathering on sunday night on lee park, but can't say if it's true, haven't checked it out yet!

i would be happy to met up with some spinners hey! let me know! bye

Love

paprikastranger
12 posts

Posted:
Hi there ReivaX !,

I too am on a mission to find some spinners... How about we join forces ! or maybe just meet up and spin somewhere ( thatl be easier ;-p )

Ive been going over to Glebe Park ( Think its called Bicentenial Park too ) on Sunday afternoons recently.tis nice with the sunset and the harbour and all..... Or maybe we could meet at Hyde Park this Saterday arvo if thats closer to you? I can get a ferry into the city so is no problem.

What ya recon?

Thanks

HAM

ReivaXGOLD Member
27 posts

Posted:
coola banana! well, let we meet this sunday down to the Glebe park! it's only 4km from where i live!! (i stay in the CBD... but i've already said that haven't i?)

do you want me to send you a PM with my phone number?

paprikastranger
12 posts

Posted:
Sunday in Glebe Park sounds grand to me!

There is a bus that stops directly next to the Park, its the number 431 or 433 from Millers Point Via Wynard to Glebe Point.

Bicentenial Park is the last stop.

Twill be great to be out spinning !

Il PM ya me number..

HAM