Kathain_BowenGood Ol' Yarn For Hair
422 posts

Posted:
I have a serious APB out on any place to buy a "zorb," coming to you from the illustrious Johnny Bass. He really wants one, and, frankly, I don't blame him. Just look at that. It's frigging sweet, and you know it.

So.... yeah.... any help would be awesome in finding one for him.

"So long and thanks for all the fish."

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
umm that's too cryptic for me this early morning... ubblol

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
Dunno what APB stands for, but apparently zorb-balling is fun?

Kupo!

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
(post-Google-post)

Are there Zorbs for couples? umm

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I want a Zorb! biggrin

That Jonny Bass is indeed illustrious - Ive never heard of him. Obviously we move in different circles!

(its a big inflatable, see through, plastic ball you climb inside then roll down hills in!)

An APB is like a police announcement told to the officers to look out for a specific person, and if that person is seen, the officers must try to aphrehend them and return to HQ (I think)

422 posts

Posted:
 Written by: jarle

Dunno what APB stands for, but apparently zorb-balling is fun?

All points bulletin.... and yes.... zorb balling looks like the greatest thing ever.

.... with the except, of course of duct tape.

422 posts

Posted:
 Written by: UnderControlOrFailure

I want a Zorb! biggrin

That Jonny Bass is indeed illustrious - Ive never heard of him. Obviously we move in different circles!

(its a big inflatable, see through, plastic ball you climb inside then roll down hills in!)

An APB is like a police announcement told to the officers to look out for a specific person, and if that person is seen, the officers must try to aphrehend them and return to HQ (I think)

The Johnny Bass is indeed Illustrious, but only in America and in certain areas (oddly enough, including Allentown, PA). He's the bassist for the band Zodiac. If you ever run into him at a show, are of legal age to drink, and possess both courage and fortitude, you should challenge him to an Outdrink Johnny Bass Contest. Hilarity.

And yes on both the following counts! Although, in regards to a previous post about couples zorbs... I'm not certain if such a thing is possible. I would imagine a big enough zorb with a small enough couple would work. confused

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
My Girlfriend would win the drinking contest biggrin she knocked back a bottle of bacardi and a bottle of wine the other day no problem...

I know a number of Zorb locations. Dorset and Brighton are 2 locally to me you could ask them how much wink

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
Contact Zorb......

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

fake teeth and glueBRONZE Member
Checking who's online, watching you!
1,972 posts

Posted:
it is almost THE greatest form of transport, over ground, cliffs, water, people, it's great!

you just lost the game!!!!!! !!!!!

knowledge is power, power corupts, study hard, become evil.

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
too bad you can't go UP hills.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

422 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mynci

My Girlfriend would win the drinking contest biggrin she knocked back a bottle of bacardi and a bottle of wine the other day no problem...

I know a number of Zorb locations. Dorset and Brighton are 2 locally to me you could ask them how much wink

Lol. Outdrink Johnny Bass is a speed chugging to down a pint. To be fair, he usually gives a head start. The only person I have seen to date to come anywhere near close to Johnny Bass without dribbling all over the place (insta-fail!), was my friend, Wil. Johnny Bass had to give Wil a half pint head start.

As per contacting the original makers of the zorb, he apparently tried official channels and got the official line of "zorbs are individually hand-made, making them prohibitively costly."

And... yes.... going UPHILL would be pretty friggin' sweet.

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
Motorized zorb ball?

Non-Https Image Link

Kupo!

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
Yep you can put two people in a zorb, I saw them do it on a lonely planet guide for newzealand.

Looks like fun !!!

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
CHINA MANUFACTURE

https://www.inflatablefun.cn/products/zorb_ball.html

-------------------------

I want!

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Kathain_Bowen

Lol. Outdrink Johnny Bass is a speed chugging to down a pint. To be fair, he usually gives a head start. The only person I have seen to date to come anywhere near close to Johnny Bass without dribbling all over the place (insta-fail!), was my friend, Wil. Johnny Bass had to give Wil a half pint head start.

And... yes.... going UPHILL would be pretty friggin' sweet.

sweet I only know 1 person who can beat my 2.1 seconds for a pint biggrin

Hand made eek do they tell how wink

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

422 posts

Posted:

sweet I only know 1 person who can beat my 2.1 seconds for a pint biggrin

I smell a challenge there. I may have to relay this to the Johnny Bass and hear his opinion on a 2.1 second pint.

I'm starting to feel like maybe, just maybe, we need to find a zorb and get together HoP zorbing parties.

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
What about the fox?

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
I watched a program about a guy who was zorbing and it started to bounce when he set off.
Within 15 seconds each bounce the zorb did put severe strain on the guys body, breaking ribs etc.

I remember the cam inside and his screams each time it bounced and broke more ribs, damaged internal organs etc. He ended up neally dieing

...fantastic form of transport, i think id rather ride on upturned lawnmower!

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
Ha i love the man show,
It is only on foxtel here so i have only seen it a few times. But i think the new hosts are no were near as good as the old ones.

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

422 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Poje

What about the fox?

Much respect to the Fox. I don't think many people could outdrink the Fox's records, even with a ziggy sacky cheer. beerchug

Written by: Geeza

I watched a program about a guy who was zorbing and it started to bounce when he set off. Within 15 seconds each bounce the zorb did put severe strain on the guys body, breaking ribs etc.

I remember the cam inside and his screams each time it bounced and broke more ribs, damaged internal organs etc. He ended up neally dieing.

.... umm

Link?

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
ditto to Geeza's post

squarefishSILVER Member
(...trusty steed of the rodeo midget...)
403 posts

Posted:
"are there Zorbs for couples?"

Pfft....couples.....
I had the lovely time of enjoying a zorb with not one but TWO fine, fine ladiez: cool
Helen Of Poi and another lovely lass called Grainne, there was much giggling as the suddsy water was hosed in all over us, and even more giggling and laughing as well tromped down the hill.

Not a single broken bone or complaint amongst us, just soaking wet clingy t-shirts and shorts....
What do you mean, do I have pictures? tongue