Forums > Social Chat > Denver Fire Spinners On 9 News!

Login/Join to Participate

Fireinamember
143 posts

Posted:
Ahahaha! So I know we've had a news crew hanging out with us for the past few sundays, but FINALLY, they got it together and officially put us on the news! I dunno if we're on TV...but we got an article!The page

"Watch those explosions in the sky and you'll go blind, but not this time. Will you live in hope or dark desire? What can I say? F*ck love give me fire." ~Cities Of Night by Blaqk Audio (Davey Havok)

Proudly MCRmy

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
The video that goes with that story was linked on CNN earlier today. https://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/offbeat/2007/09/17/cole.co.fire.dancing.kusa

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
What I am so disappointed in is that they termed it as Maori Fire Spinning, when the Maori don't spin fire.
For some reason, that blew it for me.

Some of the images were very nice.

The whole "If something goes very wrong there's a river there" made me laugh.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
awwww i'm all nostalgic now. that's where i used to spin when i lived there with all the other spinners and the people coming out with drums. ubblove

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
I don't have sound so I just read the article...very cool

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Skrytinn_QveldrigaBRONZE Member
delectatio morosa, gaudium, desiderium
160 posts

Posted:
i wonder if that clip has inspired anybody to get up and start spinning for the first time...

meow
biggrin happy little panda bear biggrin
peace
i love you

Fireinamember
143 posts

Posted:
^^^
I sure hope it packs in the place! I love it when we have a big crowd!

As for the river bit...it's very true. That is the reason I have virtually no fear in my costuming choices of wearing almost exclusively man-made fibres. Anything catches...I dive! Actually, I think the worst thing I've heard of happening is someone's shoe catching fire. I'd be thoroughly screwed if this happened to me because I wear specially modified (i.e. painted and rubberised) pointe shoes which, being made of satin, cotton, burlap, and latex based coatings are rediculously flammable not to mention tightly tied onto my feet.

"Watch those explosions in the sky and you'll go blind, but not this time. Will you live in hope or dark desire? What can I say? F*ck love give me fire." ~Cities Of Night by Blaqk Audio (Davey Havok)

Proudly MCRmy

CaffeinatedKatieGOLD Member
Teacher, Dancer, Artist, and General Smartass
149 posts

Posted:
A friend of mine sent me a clip of it-- that's really exciting! Congratulations!

Fireinamember
143 posts

Posted:
The plot thickens! I was just on MySpazz and under my bullitins, the ex boyfriend had posted a link to Denver fire spinners on CNN!

Proudly MCRmy

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
ya my friend posted that one too

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

TribalBeatsSiouxSILVER Member
72 posts

Posted:
Nice to see that clip and your group finally. Thanks to Firina, I am now into Poi and starting to learn how to spin.